Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101
101 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Another Beautiful Day  (Read 1634 times)

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
Another Beautiful Day
« on: April 02, 2019, 07:57:20 PM »
The first rays of sunlight made their way over the horizon, making me squint my eyes due to the sudden brightness. I didn’t turn away though, merely closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the morning sun on my face. Light snoring was heard from beside me. My hand found Timurs soft fur without looking, gently stroking the soft fuzz on his ears while he slept. Uurekh was lying curled up between the front paws of the wolf. It had been a good choice to find a companion for him after Lian had passed away. There was just some level of company, of comfort that I couldn’t give either of them. Especially now we needed to get used to one another again, shift the bond a little after the recent events.

A true daughter of the wild, like me.

The words filled my head and made me smile. I wasn’t sure I deserved such high praise, but those words had stuck with me the most. I woke up some mornings, my thoughts filled with hunting memories, running through the woods with my pack…

I opened my eyes, looking over my shoulder towards Razor Hill.
My pack. The burdens on my shoulders had never been higher than now. I had taken them up willingly of course, but it was going to take some getting used to. How times change…
The talk yesterday between me, Nakobu and Gaar’thok had made me think about all that again. How I had started on my own, so unfamiliar with anything outside my little bubble that I grew up in. My life had been Qa’ajn, Lian and the jungle. The Troll had done his best to teach me at least some things, but I had lacked greatly in social skills with others, especially Orcs. Never did I have the responsibility over anyone besides Lian while we grew up together. Never did I actually care for someone else besides my little family there.

My gaze travelled over some of the orcs that were waking up now and went on their morning duties or practices, my hand still gently stroking the soft fur of the wolf beside me. He was awake now, eyes open. Perhaps sensing my thoughts. He’d been picking up on them more and more lately, yet had pulled away again slightly recently. I didn’t blame him. We’d work on it, all of us together.

Trakmar had changed my life. I had told him multiple times, but I still wasn’t sure how aware he actually was of this fact. Kicked out of camp by a Varog’gor after I just found the Red Blades, Trakmar was the one to find me and convince me to come back with him. He was the one who taught me how to balance my own nature with the orc traditions and history. How not to lose myself, but to become a proper part of it anyway.
And now, I was a Varog’gor. Keeper of the code. Protector of the Chieftain and the clan as a whole. Risen to a position and responsibility I had never thought of reaching, when first meeting the Red Blades. There was no way back anymore now.
It had changed everything. It had changed… me.

Yet I had never doubted the choice to start training as Varog’gor. Even knowing most had ended up dead or insane during the clans history. The burden was a heavy one, after all.

I looked back towards the now slowly rising sun and pushed myself to my feet, stretching myself out. A stab of pain shot through my right shoulder as I did so, but I ignored it. The wound I had gotten in Felwood had still never really healed, a very wide ugly scar taking up most my shoulder now. Perhaps I should’ve found a proper healer for it after all. Maybe let someone take a look at it still…
“Time for morning run, Timur. Coming along?” I spoke softly to the wolf. He raised his ears and stood up to stand by my side. Uurekh lazily just rolled over again. Doubt I’d be able to get him moving for the next hour or so.

There were things I needed to arrange. Plans to be made, orcs to speak to. Not many in the clan had seen the other side of me, and hopefully it would stay that way. But if needed, I would step up and be the one to catch the blows, the target, the one for people to direct their hate to if things are not going as they want and someone needs to interfere. And I’d be ready to defend myself or anyone unjustly targeted by others.

Stalker and Striker. Hopefully only Stalker had to show herself to the world, be that in full or not. But Striker would be ready if needed, I could feel it.

I set off on a jog, the wolf by my side. It was promising to be another beautiful day.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Another Beautiful Day
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »
<3
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."