Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 367
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105
105 Guests, 0 Users

Bounty Hunter Hak'gar

Started by Hakgar, September 02, 2018, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakgar

Name: Hakgar
Level: 50

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience: I've been RPing for a while now, though I mostly did so in the capital cities. I love the game and I love Orcs, so this will be a nice change of scenery for me. Also with you Orcs on the frontlines, and how much Hak'gar loves warfare, it presents some good opportunities for roleplaying with you guys and expanding my character story. Though I'm still a level 50 nublet, together with some phasing has made it a little difficult to join you ingame. The website actually gave me a lot to read up on so I figured I'd apply regardless :-X

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character: Growing up during the prime of the Iron Horde, Hak'gar has only ever known the life of a soldier. He was trained from the age of a pup to master the disciplines of combat and marching and fighting in a warband. His talent for marksmanship, along with an obsessive mind driven by a strong power of will and the command to subdue beasts, became apparent quickly to those in charge and he was assigned to a unit of raiders who focused on hunting down and killing key targets as well as pillaging everything in their path, the Sythegore Arm.

His glorious purpose for the Iron Horde was short-lived, however, as the Blackrock Foundry was raided and destroyed mere weeks after his training was complete. Nonetheless he joined the fight against the demons, taking part in many dangerous missions to rid the demonic invaders from his world.

Peace did not suit Hak'gar though; the following years were restless and filled with nostalgia of the marching Blackrock war machine. He decided to hammer out all the impurities that may have led himself to this fate, absorbing as much knowledge as he could about warfare and strategy, the wildlife and the landscape around him as well as learning the basics of forging. He grew into adulthood a jaded Orc, increasing tenfold when the Draenei and the Lightbound turned against them. Seeing the exodus to Azeroth more as an opportunity for conquest rather than a loss, he pledged himself to the Horde rather quickly.

Well armored and armed, and though his skill and discipline with a blade doesn't quite match up to the strongest warriors, his unwavering will and Orcish savagery is enough to overwhelm most opponents. But it is after a long hunt with plenty of time to strike at his enemies' weak spot where he shines the most. He has been reported to hunt his quarry down with brutal efficiency, with no regard for resting or eating in days.

Dislikes pleasantries, takes some degree of comfort in suffering and hates light with a passion. Both sunlight and the magic light. He's a snooping sort, the type that gets suspicious over the slightest things and is always looking for an ulterior motive or exploitable weaknesses. How he got to befriend and even ride one of the most territorial and venomous spider breeds in the caverns of Gorgrond is a mystery altogether, though it's not very different from how similar breeds live among the pale ones (He's also a skilled wolfrider).

Regarding the somewhat 'disconnected' Hak'gar from the usual Orcish culture and ways has everything to do with how he was raised in the time when the war machine was in full swing. He truly believes he exists solely for war; that every Orc does to some extent. Having done his fair share of dishonorable acts and arrows in the back, he is not quite haunted by the past, just bitter over it. Spirituality is the Orc's major weakness - except for the tiniest chance of the spirits of fire having something in common with him.

Kozgugore

Hey there Hakgar! Great to see you committed to writing down a fully fledged application along with your previous interest! :D Having said that, I must apologize for my lack of response in-game last night! It's been a rather hectic evening in between all the DMing and I completely forgot to reply to you whatsoever in all the chaos! Once again, my apologies for that!

Regarding your application though, I must say I'm quite impressed! You seem to have given this quite the deal of thought and have all the vital historical events and defining traits for your character written down, which is a very good basis to start with. The only thing I'm not entirely certain of is whether the Alternate Draenor saw its own rendition of the Sythegore Arm, but if nothing else, that's something we can leave in the middle. One way or another, this looks great! At your own leisure, feel free to contact any of our orcs to see if you can set up an IC interview in-game! Of course, you may want to try and find a reason as to why your orc finds himself with us on Kul Tiras, but we can be rather lenient if need be! We are currently located on the mob-free zone across the long bridge at Freehold, so that should hopefully be clear of any phasing this time!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Hakgar

Don't even worry about replying, I've gathered you are DMing a lot and I've got plenty of levels to go yet either way. It's good to hear your feedback though, and about the Sythegore Arm, I was heavily considering leaving this out or just making something up as there's indeed no information about them whatsoever regarding the AU. I've always thought it sounded cool though, and figured with all the mirrors going on between realities I put it in just for keks. I can definitely leave this out for the future though, and just state it was a band of raiders.

I'll think a little more about the reason for Hak'gar committing himself to you Orcs besides just thirst for battle and a new line to march in, as I've gathered there's a lot more to the red blades than just that. I'm still hell-bent though, if I can't come up with anything more, any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to ask around.

Thanks for your reply, and I'll see you on the frontlines. Lok'tar!