Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:47:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58
58 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The lion sleeps tonight  (Read 1444 times)

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
The lion sleeps tonight
« on: May 17, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »
Rain washes over stranglethorn vale only to be broken by the many trees that linger in the jungle. The constant downpour and the warmth of the land making it hard to breath for those that wander within. The humidity choking out the air that would normally be ever so refreshing.

Night had fallen, the silvery light from the moon breaking through several spots of the treetops, not able to be contained by the leafy roof that arches over the jungle. The residents of the vale were quiet with the exception of the port town, the city that hardly sleeps, as it was with most of the goblin settlements.

A lone orc sat by the edge of her tent, enjoying this particular night in her own way. The she-orc stared towards the pale lady whose colour reflected within her own eyes. Although she could not see the massive source of light within the air, she most certainly felt her presence.

Kogra smiled sheepishly as she gazed out for the starry sky. The rhythmic sound of droplets of water drumming heard beside her. Occasionally one of those drops would make its way through the canopy of the jungle only to drip upon the bulk of her black and white hair, traveling through one of her locks and falling down upon her green skin where it mixed with the perspiration from her skin.

“It has been a long time, but after all this time, my faith has been rewarded.”, the Thur’ruk mumbled to those that would hear. Her hand moved over to wipe away the glistening streaks over her cheeks. Her eyes shifted as she stared at her hand. The essence of the water not harbouring the sadness that has been felt the last few weeks, but the sense of joy and excitement.

Her mind drifted back in time, thinking back of the last few years she had been with the Red Blade. The many stories she had been part of, yet some have missed. The new orcs she had learned to know, the death of those who had been near to her, and the fall and rise of tribe and clan.

So much had come to pass, yet she could hardly phantom how it had all fit within this short span of time. During all of that she had known one thing though; she had not been complete. Part of her had faded over the last two years.

Tiredly Kogra let out a sigh with a hint of euphoria. Her ears perked as she traced the faint wheezing of the other within her tent. She couldn’t help but smile when looking over her shoulder. Quietly she prowled back within the warmth of her tent, closing the tent flap on her way in.

Carefully she crept under the pelt, moving in closer to seek the warmth. Her head aligned with that of her other half, foreheads pressed together. A scream came from the one beside her, rudely interrupted from his slumber. Kogra shushed him for a moment “Don’t worry m’wolf, it’s just me, go back to sleep.”, she spoke softly as she smiled at Gridish. A hand placed upon his cheek. “It’s all over, we’re back… we’re whole again.”, she said as she closed her eyes, allowing the night to take her mind to a new day.
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"