Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55
55 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Application Durrosh  (Read 1905 times)

Sabyna

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Application Durrosh
« on: March 19, 2018, 04:05:46 PM »
Name: Durrosh
Level:  1. Give me two weeks and he will be 110.

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience: I have very low RP experience. Back in 2012, I heared alot about people roleplaying in WOW, so I wanted to give it a shot. Looked around for RP guilds and stumbled across OotRB recruiting videos, was so excited and contacted you. I created and join this guild as a female orc death knight called Sabyna. Leveled it up fairly quickly and joined some events such as wolf hunt, running around the Barrens and follow the skull marked person. Then joined the most epic World PVP ive been on in Dustwallow Marsh up against alliance guilds which was the fight for Theramore. And lastly, before MOP arrived, orc guild clans gathered up in arena in Orgrimmar and had 1v1 duel tournament. As blood death knight, my fight against an enhancement shaman from Skullcrusher took a very long time :))

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character:

- (year 13, 0 old)Durrosh was born in Warsong clan tribe, during the time when orcs were in interment camps.
- His father Crulast, wanted something more for his son, other then another brute orc. He wanted his son to    be part of the old ways and become a shaman.
- During his childhood, the elements never communicated with Durrosh at all. But he was still curious of the
  wilderness. Durrosh used to follow his father when Crulast was tasked to gather food.
- His father was disappointed in Durrosh not becoming a shaman.

- (year 20, 7 old)During the Third War, Crulast were part of the Warsong when they drank demon's blood.
  He can't remember anything during the influence, nor showed any kind of remorse afterwards.

- (year 25, 12)Settled in Northern Barrens. Crulast were deeply involved in the war between orcs and the night elves at the border of Ashenvale. It was here Durrosh started out as armorsmith, he spend alot of time repairing broken armor for the orc warriors.

- (year 31, 18 old)Crulast didn't want Durrosh to be part of Warsong Clan. He sends him away from, so he     wouldn't be forced to join them now that Durrosh when he started to be come of age.
- Crulast Never liked war, but teaches his son to always protect home, clan and family. Strength comes from    protecting the very thing you love.

- Durrosh sets out to roam into the wilderness, in the forests of Ashenvale.

- (year 33, 20 old)Crulast dies during the Siege of Orgrimmar. Fighting on the frontlines to protect         Garrosh, son of his former chieftain.

- Durrosh neither fights for or against the Horde Rebellion.

- (year 37, 24 old)Durrosh is not sure what path he wants to take in life. He is still young and naive orc.
Now with the return of the Legion, something stirred up in him. He fears the demons and demon blood, he rather wanna see them defeated. After spending so much time in the wilderness of Ashenvale (some major stories happened there, which i keep it as a secret), he is now ready to face the danger that Legion brings. But knowing he can't do it alone, he seeks out a clan that he can be part of. That's when he turns to Orcs of the Red Blade.

OOC: This is my first draft of the backstory of my character. If anything is out of order, too cliche /cheesy or any other critique, they're all much welcome. Basicly, the moral of the story for durrosh is, I didn't want him be the bullied weak orc backstory, neither the Old orc veteran that holds so much passion into fighting. Trying to keep it balanced somehow. He is conflicted. His father was the greatest man he knew, but his father's words contradicted so many times. From wanting him to be a shaman to Crulast drinking demon's blood. Sending Durrosh far away, so he wouldnt be recruited into warsong clan, yet his father stays behind to fight the very side when entire Horde is fighting against.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Application Durrosh
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »
Hey Sabyna! Great to see you got around to posting an application so quickly after our little talk! Faster than I expected! :D

Your application looks surprisingly intricate! It's always nice to see some backgrounds that have been given some careful consideration, which I'd certainly say applies to yours as well. I think you've definitely got some promising material on your hands for an orc that shows plenty of potential for character development in the future, so hopefully we'll be able to see some of that in due time. ^^  The one thing I do see fit to point out, is that the Burning Legion is now officially considered to be beaten in the current place within the Legion patches, so I'm not entirely sure if your orc's reason to seek ORB out might be as 'strong' as previously, bearing that in mind. The motivation still works if it's for the sake of ensuring the demon presence remains at bay though, for example, but if you do need help with any additional motivations, do let me know!

Either way, you're perfectly free to seek out any of our officers in-game for your IC interview. :) See you in-game!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Sabyna

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:43:34 PM »
The one thing I do see fit to point out, is that the Burning Legion is now officially considered to be beaten in the current place within the Legion patches, so I'm not entirely sure if your orc's reason to seek ORB out might be as 'strong' as previously, bearing that in mind. The motivation still works if it's for the sake of ensuring the demon presence remains at bay though, for example, but if you do need help with any additional motivations, do let me know!

Hmm.. I mainly followed the timeline that was provided by this forum. Wasn't sure if we also followed the timeline within the expansion. Well. In that case, I could probably think about something like this:

- Durrosh barely survived the initial attacks of Burning Legion. Not only did he struggle to keep himself alive, he also didn't have any means whatsoever to counterattack the Legion. He started to fall into depression, about how useless he actually was. He didn't realize it now.

- Instead of acting like a panicing peon, he calmed down and asked himself how to be more effective and meaningful. He knows that if he truelly were alone, he would be dead long ago. He stayed alive all theese years thanks to his trusted wolf companions. Durrosh isn't a lone wolf. He belongs to a pack, a clan, a family. That's where he can make a difference. No more does he want he to see how weak he truelly are.

- He reaches out to the OotRB, because they hold the same values that his father told him many years ago. Stories has been heared about them. Most importantly, rumours has it they aren't brainless mongrels. Maybe he is wrong, but for now, this is the path Durrosh wants to take. Lets see where the future takes him.

OOC: Would something like this be acceptable? Or is it too... cheesy? Feel free to comment or possible changes!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:02:16 PM »
That would be perfectly peachy! Both in terms of the current place that we're at in the Legion storyline as well as for your own orc. So I'd say go for it. ^^
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade