Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61
61 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Event chain feedback  (Read 10206 times)

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
Event chain feedback
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
As you might have noticed, the next few weeks are filled with events. These events are not our own though, instead we will be joining the Irontusk vanguard in their campaign along with some other guilds. The guilds that are known to us are Fel Hunt, Blood Howl, and the Hand of Agony.

For this campaign, since we are joining their campaign, we are using Irontusk Vanguards roll system.

If you don’t like it, don’t worry, the campaign only lasts from 4-17th of December, that is 14 days in total. 3 of these days are resting days and one of them is travel, that leaves us with a grand total of 9 days in total.
The system that they use includes HP, healing, and modifiers. The latter is something we won’t use that often.

HP

For the coming campaign, there will be a lot of people and we’re marching to drive back the demons from the southern parts of Kalimdor. To show the attrition aspect of these kinds of fights, the Irontusk Vanguard and co wished for us to use hp much like you would have in WoW itself.

The hp would be based on the rank what you currently are (This was not our idea but theirs, don’t blame us). So to just make this short, this is the hp that you will receive based on your rank.

• New Blood, Oathbreaker, and tag-alongs: 7 hp
  • Oathbound & Seeker: 8 hp.  
  • Proven & Chosen: 10 hp
  • Alpha: 12 hp
  • True Blood: 14 hp.
  • Elder: 15 hp.
  • Chieftain: 16 hp.
  • Those of military background / path of strength feel free to add +1/+2
  • Those not approving, feel free to downgrade yourself

The Hp should be mentioned in the currently / other information, or whatever kind of box you have on your specific RP-Addon

Reaching 0

reaching 0 hp means you are out of combat. you are knocked out and SUFFER a penalty of -10 to your rolls for the next day. On the resting days this “debuff” is “dispelled”. Some people want to roll with: "if I reach 0 my char is dead icly and I reroll a new one". This is not required, it is an option which we ourselves do not encourage. If people want to have their chars die, tell the DM before it happens. It is your own choice and the officers do discourage it. The intention is not there to kill off people’s characters. If they want to kill of their characters, then they are free to do so and won’t be stopped.

Healing in combat
Within the system there is some combat healing. There are limits placed upon them to make sure that people won’t be healing all the time, the reason for this is also that people are getting exhausted by performing this healing.

The idea is that all magical healers (You know who you are) are given 2 charges of healing and these charges will reset after a night’s rest for the next battle or mission to come, but this is for (combat) only.

When you perform a combat heal, you first and foremost forfeit the next Attack roll and, you must state it to the DM that you wish for such a roll. and the DM will post this for those that wish to heal only this roll.  (Healing roll during combat: 1-19: 1 hp || 20-39: 2 hp || 40-59: 3 hp || 60-79: 4 hp || 80-95: 5 hp || 96-100: 6 hp.  Emote!)

The DM is to then say "X and Y ONLY" since you are the ones asking for healing permission make sure to whisper the DM and get a reply from them so they know it

Healing outside of combat

Wounds can be treated outside of combat, which they should to avoid infections or excessive loss of blood.

• Stitching/sewing wound: +2 hp.
  • Salving wound: + 2hp.
  • Bandage wound: +2 HP.  
  • Magic healing: Full HP
  • Resting over night: +1 hp.

Keep in mind that you don’t just walk around and spam heals on everyone and then all are healed up; realism is expected. Healers -will- be worn out when they heal with magical healing. Emotes are expected for this, not just two lines and done; you should bring proper emotes.

Potions

There are various objectives throughout the campaign. Being successful at these will reward supplies and potions to be used at other occasions.

Potions In combat heal 2 hp and outside combat they heal 4 hp.

During the events there will be various objectives. We will need to get our supplies as well. So, there are wagons or packed Kodo/mounts that are meant to carry our necessary supplies and so forth. They will need protection. Gadgetzan is our main base of operations. which means that most of our supplies will originate from there.

Events

Those who will be hosting the events will try to the best of their ability to tailor RP situations in the events.  Meaning that instead of just wave after wave and then win, they will try to encourage people’s creativity to alter the outcomes of such things.

The DM will set up options for you to react on and then free emoting will be possible. Such events will possibly be for smaller raid group so there won’t be too many people waiting. A DM will still need to read through it all and see who is making which choice etc. They themselves are going to experiment with some new stuff so there is a request to be patient with them. Naturally, rolls will sometimes help determine things. The idea of this campaign is to bring forth a setting and give people enough material to enjoy RP with.

Random Events

Outside of normal events, during the day or afterwards, It is allowed for each guild to gather some random folks and make a small event where they travel back to Gadgetzan and retrieve supplies and even some main events can be about a group is doing the same while the rest keeps fighting on. The request has been made to keep the small events like these outside of main events (before they happen), so that there is no “overkill” to the amount of events (which it already is sort off). Remember that there is -always- danger and you may even fail and must retreat.

Outro

This campaign has been made to encourage inter-guild RP and to provide more RP in general. We (including the other officer teams from other guilds) wish for you all to have a great time and for us to strengthen the ties with the other guilds.

If this sort of rp is not your cup of tea, do not worry for you are not obliged to partake in any events. We will resume our own rp after this campaign.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:18:00 PM by Kogra Windwatcher »
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming event chain notes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »
OPTIONAL

Stances

Since we are using the Irontusks' system and they make use of modifiers in the form of "stances". These stances are optional and offer a small bonus to certain situations. Once you have picked a stance, you are not allowed to revert it or take another for the remainder of the campaign. You can only pick one stance. In order for other people to see that you make use of these, place them under the section where you also keep track of the HP you've been given.

The following list is available to everyone
  • Offensive stance + 3 to  attack rolls.
  • Defensive stance + 3 to Def rolls
  • Berserker stance + 7 to attack  and -15 to defensive.
  • Guard stance + 7 to defensive rolls and -7 to attack rolls.

The following list is available to those of the path of strength and Chosen or above.
  • Hybrid stance: +7 to attack rolls.  +5 to defensive stance.
  • Commander stance: + 5 attack rolls.  +10 defensive rolls.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:47:32 PM by Kogra Windwatcher »
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 06:49:11 PM »
For those that are planning to make excursions or scouting efforts, a map has been provided by our hosts to show what you can find.

http://imgur.com/sIWs2UR

For some reason I can't add it to the post, so it'll be here as a link instead
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:28:37 PM by Kogra Windwatcher »

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
This is actually very interesting, maybe I can make a comeback on Rashka once I'm home.
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »
Lost me :-[
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »
Be happy you don't have to abide by those rules, Claws ;)

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 05:06:24 PM »
Hot damn, now this is an interesting rolling system! Might return evenings I'm done study instead of January for this!

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »
We've already done one week of this now, it takes a bit long due to the numbers, but it's fun enough! Just one more week left though, so if you want to join in still, better hurry. ;)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »
Bumped with new map

Kogra Windwatcher

• Elder
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
The legion has been banished from the southern side of Kalimdor, the soul engine destroyed, a few orcs banished from their warband, but finally there is rest.

I certainly hope that you have all enjoyed yourself during this campaign. Some may not have had, but you cannot please all of the populace, this is something I've learned myself the last few weeks.

What I want is for everyone to give a bit of feedback in their own time on this thread. What did you like, what didn't you like, what could be better and how would you fix it. That kind of stuff. This way people can learn from what has transpired and implement in their own campaigns if they ever come to make one.

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
Re: Event chain feedback
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »
The first part of the campaign was nice, having smaller groups for different tasks. Great way to deal with so many people.
But the last event was just a cluster fuck and also had that confusing -15 policy which was really not necessary. Especially that it did not give a strong reason for that except for "you feel the fel around the place affecting you". They did not take in consideration that some of the people around might have warding spells to deal with that, such as Siyahgosh (I know he told some time ago that he has a warding spell on his mind, I assume it would've worked against that aura) or even Kronnor's runic tattoos that fights against corruption aimed at him (the stuff in Gadgetzan was different because his mind did not let the tattoos fight the fel infection). Also, what about warlocks? They use fel and being there would've given them quite a boost to their powers, wouldn't it?
That's just what I have to say without starting a war here. ;D 

Nosh'marak

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Event chain feedback
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
I agree fully with Kronnor. A lot of it was great, but equally as much was messy and confusing. I guess I understand as it was a pretty massive campaign, but really, last night's event I went afk waiting for people to emote. I went to the toilet, had a snack, and got a drink, and when I came back it still wasn't done. Overall, I guess it was alright! 5/10.
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"