Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94
94 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Warcraft Movie Discussion- SPOILERS!  (Read 4756 times)

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
Warcraft Movie Discussion- SPOILERS!
« on: May 31, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »
There we go! Since you all started off so nicely in the LPW thread, let's do it this way!
If you wanna discuss the movie, changes in lore, opinions, things you liked and didn't like, throw it out here! What would you like to see for the next movie, or think they might change?

Keep in mind this thread might have SPOILERS! For those who have not seen it yet. Read at your own risk.

For myself, I saw the movie tonight, and I loved it. I'm not even going to compare it to WoW lore, because it's a movie based on such a long and deep and widespread story that it could never ever have been done exactly as it should be, unless they made it the new GoT series. (And even then I'm sure they would've changed stuff.)

What I found extremely fun and awesome to watch was the costumes and the female orcs in the background. I absolutely -adored- the amount of details in the armor, the hair, the tattoo's, warpaint and skullmasks, at times I found myself more watching the surroundings and the background characters than really following the story. Give me some of those outfits and I'll be a happy me. <3
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft Movie Discussion- SPOILERS!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:32:43 PM »
One thing I was very impressed with was their little details that they put in their for the fans. The murloc between Stormwind and Goldshire, Kargath, Kilrogg and Grom being visible at times, The Laughing Skull orc cackling during the forest fight. Lots and lots there for the fans. As much as I didn't like Medivh's fel-empowered form, I thought his full demon form looked amazing. The CGI, top notch. Went with 6 of my friends to it, they couldn't get over the Durotan/Gul'dan fight. Loved it so they did.

I really hope the extended edition gets released. Because as I've said plenty times here before, the editing and pacing of the first hour was atrocious. Found its footing well after that though. I'd give it a solid 7/10, but if the problems with the first hour were fixed I'd probably bump it up to a 9/10.

Srelok

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:13 PM »
Sounds about right yeah. I agree with most of what you say, though a few lines for Grom and Kargath would've been even better, or a Drek'thar cameo.

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:32 PM »
They've set up Lord of the Clans, at least! That'll be fairly easy to adapt. I'm rereading it again, already 70 pages in since it's fairly small, but from what I remember a really good read. Would make a great movie.

Srelok

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:06 PM »
I restarted in Rise of the Horde, still a great read too. After this the Last Guardian ;)

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Revax

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:55:43 AM »
Aye I'm very happy with how it turned out, none of the changes were too big to get upset over! I give it a solid fan-boi 8/10. It would have gotten 10/10 if there had been no changes.

Lord of the Clans actually came out as a book??

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 02:00:03 AM »
Aye I'm very happy with how it turned out, none of the changes were too big to get upset over! I give it a solid fan-boi 8/10. It would have gotten 10/10 if there had been no changes.

Lord of the Clans actually came out as a book??

It did! By Christie Golden, quite a good read, goes from Durotan and Draka's death to him beginning to form the Horde.

Wornag (Kronnor)

• Red Blade
  • Alpha
  • Wornag (Kronnor)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 09:59:41 AM »
I had some problems with my internet once and I ended up reading Lord of the Clans in one night :D

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 02:02:03 PM »
I'm glad someone else can see that Lord of the Clans is definitely being lined up. The next film, if there is one, will skim over the second war and 100% focus on Thrall growing up in captivity.

To be honest most of my thoughts have been echoed in the above posts, but two things to note. Seriously, how RUBBISH was Dominic Cooper as Llane? Jesus, get some acting classes...

I did however really like Thrall being still-born and Gul'dan draining life from a nearby Deer to revive him with, hence turning him green, that was a nice touch.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Srelok

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 02:05:18 PM »
It made sense for Thrall being green.

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:04 PM »
Well in the film, there was no mention of drinking Demon's Blood, it was just Gul'dan passing on the Fel to others which makes more sense for newcomers to the franchise. There also seemed to be no other Warlocks, Gul'dan roared at him being the only one to control the Fel. All very interesting.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
It was a bit of a very convenient deer though. xD Just moments after a violent portal has been slammed down and roaring orcs came through, Draka screaming. But oh! There is a deer, only some few meters away, how handy. xD

Though it was a nice touch all in all, yeah! And demons were sort of mentioned, but indeed not much shown or such. Same with red eyes, no orc had them. Fel was more shown through the green eyes.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »
Haha, it was a very convenient deer, very true!
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-

Okram

• Red Blade
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 02:49:29 AM »
So just saw the film. I think I'm the only one who wasn't a huge fan.

Orgrim's arc was muddy and confusing as hell. Would've perhaps made more sense if they made him Blackrock, which could have been explained in 10 seconds like this!:

Durotan and Draka are about to cross the portal, worried for their child and general safety. Durotan tells her not to worry, Orgrim will help them. She will say ''But he's blackrock.'' and Durotan will respond. ''And my blood-brother/friend/homie.'' Then they cross.

Boom done. Kept OG lore intact.

Blackhand was a pushover. where was the shadow council? Why didn't they name Kargath and Grommash when showing them?

AND WHY ISN'T STORMWIND SACKED? WHY ISN'T GUL'DAN IN A COMA? WHY WASN'T LLANE STABBED INFRONT OF VARIAN AS IT SHOULD'VE BEEN?

Don't tell me ''it was changed for the masses!'' The story wasn't that difficult to understand to begin with.

Honestly I'm really dissapointed.

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:49 AM »
Duncan Jones wants to make the first and second game a trilogy, so it's likely the sacking of Stormwind will occur in the next movie. Also, Orgrim as a Frostwolf, from an anecdotal experience from someone who had gone to the cinema with 6 of my friends who had never played any Warcraft games, was very easy to understand. However, I would've preferred if he still backstabbed Blackhand and took place as Warchief. Perhaps we'll see the Shadow Council in the extended cut. Either way, it's shown that Blackhand is a pushover because he knows his orcs wouldn't be so superpowered without Gul'dan's fel.