Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 449
  • (September 22, 2024, 02:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219
219 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Or'Ruok

Started by Last Son, May 24, 2016, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Son

Name: Or'Ruok Ironfist
Class: Warrior
Level: 100

Role-playing experience: To be honest, I've never actually done much RP before. I've been playing the gone on and off since BC, with longer breaks during Cata and MOP.
I'm not very hardcore, usually never seeing all the end game content, but I'm trying to get back into the game and see all it can offer for Legion. But, I'm very interested in RP and willing to learn, even if that means being on the sidelines and not participating much for a while. That being said, I do have a reasonably firm grasp on the lore, at least events and characters if not cultures and practices, having played Warcraft III (and the previous ones through custom campaigns), and through generally enjoying WoW media whenever I can get my hands on it.

Character's backstory: Or'Ruok was born in the internment camps a few months after the Horde's defeat at Blackrock Spire. Growing up, his mother tried to teach him as much about his heritage as she could, while dealing with the lethargy and withdrawal from the demon blood herself. She would tell him the tale of great Orcish heroes and of the might of the Blackrock, the clan that she and her child belonged to.
Or'Ruok would idolize the heroes of old, who acted and took charge instead of accepting their condition (like the Orcs in the camps did). He heard the rumors and the tales of Grom Hellscream and the mighty Warsong Clan who continuously evaded human capture, which helped Or'Ruok come to grips with his situation.
Eventually, Thrall liberated the Orcs from the camps and brought with him the power of Shamanism, rekindling the fierce spirit of his mother and her generation. Or'Ruok was elated at meeting living legends like Hellscream and Doomhammer, and joined Thrall's Horde with pride.
By the time the Horde sailed to the promised land of Kalimdor, Or'Ruok had already begun his training as a warrior and a blacksmith, as was the tradition of his clan.
He participated in many of the battles of the Third War, even participating in the great Battle of Mount Hyjal; but to his great shame he was severely wounded early on in the Battle, having to be transported to safety by his comrades before the scores of Undead took him.
After the battle of Mount Hyjal, Or'Ruok settled in Orgrimmar with his mother, improving his craft over time and honing his combat skills after recovering from his injury.
Or'Ruok would return to action when the Dark Portal was opened once more by the Burning Legion. He crossed over with the Horde forces, and participated in the struggle against the Legion and against Illidan Stormrage, mostly in his capacity as a blacksmith. He was particularly intrigued by the Mag'har, the uncorrupted Orcs that had remained on Draenor.
Or'Ruok's first encounter with Garrosh Hellscream would change him forever: he met the young chieftain when Thrall elevated his spirits by showing him Grom's sacrifice. Hearing Hellscream's legendary warcry ignited Or'Ruok's fury once more, and he decided to take a far more active role in the wars to come.
And so he did, joining Hellscream's Warsong Offensive in the War against the Lich King. In retrospect, Or'Ruok thinks of these as his golden years: the enemy was clear, and there was no doubt that he needed to be destroyed.
Facing off against the endless forces of the Lich King, battling the humans as his forefathers had, fighting under the banner of the son of the Horde's greatest hero, and even being able to take a look at the great forges of the Sons of Hodir, Or'Ruok's memories of Northrend are nothing but fond.
When the Cataclysm hit, Or'Ruok would assist wherever his new Warchief needed him, growing more and more attached to Hellscream and his brutal ways.
He found himself agreeing with the new Warchief's policy towards the Alliance: it was only fair that Hellscream respond with tremendous force to those who had declared war on the Horde during the Battle for the Undercity!
And thus, when the Horde revolted against Hellscream, Or'Ruok fought alongside the Loyalists, hoping for an honorable death worthy of a hero of the Horde.
It was not to pass. Or'Ruok was arrested and imprisoned for this allegiance to Hellscream, to his great shame.
After months of languishing in prison, he was offered an opportunity for redemption in the war against the Iron Horde.
Once again, Or'Ruok found himself in the heat of combat, but this time it was against the Warchief he had held in such high regard.
The War in Draenor has shaken Or'Ruok more than he cares to admit: the struggle against the Iron Horde, and their eventual surrender to the Legion has led him to question what it means to be an Orc, what it means to be Horde, and what role he will yet play in Azeroth's coming crises.
While drinking away his questions at the Broken Tusk, he overheard talk of the Red Blade, a tribe of Orcs from all walks of life. Perhaps this was the chance he was looking for.

Kozgugore

Hello and welcome, Or'Ruok! Nice of you to give us a chance for your first try at RP! Hopefully your first and proper foray into the world of RP will be to your liking! I certainly hope we'll be able to make you feel welcome in it and give you reason to come back to it for a while to come.

Your story seems well thought-out enough, and it's nice to see one of the few Hellscream loyalists in this day and age still show his face. They're certainly a fun and interesting addition to many of our other orcs anyway. ^^ Having said that though, I look forward to seeing your orc "in the flesh" in-game, so without much further ado, go on ahead and contact any of our in-game representatives for your IC interview to get your orc adventure started!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade