Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

July 05, 2024, 04:48:58 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110
110 Guests, 0 Users

[Story] Devilstep

Started by Okiba, August 28, 2015, 07:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiba

Quote"We all believe what we want to."

Devilstep: Chapter 13 - Lies

It was entirely new a concept to him, in practice at least. He'd seen his father do it plenty as a pup, badly though. He'd never committed to the act himself however, his mother had scorned the mere idea of it at every chance, she would not raise pups who wielded such a tool callously and with little regard. Yet here he was, about to draw that particular weapon and see what came of it.

It's only once.

He told himself, trying to reassure whatever inner voice was unhappy, a knot forming in his throat all the while. Ashlan however was not looking patient, folding his arms as his purple eyes narrowed in annoyance. They were in the gloomy main chamber of the student hall within Hallvalor, Ashlan sat upon a stool and Krogon kneeling in obedient supplication.

"Well, spit it out, where in the name of the sacred flame have you been!?" Ashlan snapped, his patience spent. His tone coarse and none too happy. It had been nearly a month since the festival ended, weeks since he had absconded with Bor'la  to the river side. He missed her already, it had only been a few hours since they had parted making vows to meet again... how he so badly wanted to be back there with her, the rest of the world a distant thought--

"Don't dam well nod off when I'm talking to you Orc!" Ashlan snapped again, his lip turning to expose his fangs, his anger rising. Krogon snapped his eyes wide, spitting out his 'explanation' in a panic.

"Observing Frostwolf mercenaries master!" he blurted it out, sounding part exasperated and part desperate to his own mind. It was of course, not true, he had lied and committed that chief sin his mother had warned him against. Ashlan furrowed his brow, squinting a sceptical eye as he processed the statement.

He's going to pick this apart quickly, it was foolish to think I'd get away with it...

"Why?" Came the question,  cold and flat but full of danger. He hated that single word. It was a puzzle wrapped in an endless philosophical enigma when his master asked it and he forever tripped himself up trying to unravel its mystery. He had to pick his words carefully, place emphasis on a useful purpose and at least some form of good or useful intention.

"The Warsong hired some Frostwolf Orcs, three warriors, to help them in their ogre hunting patrols... I wanted to see if I could learn anything, observe them and how they fought." He added, calm now. The idea had come to him when Bor'la told him of her three brothers, they were doing exactly that, helping the Warsong in such an endeavour. There was some truth to it, to an extent.

"Do you think me a fool boy? That I am some naive pup to be handed poor deceptions and accept them eagerly?" Ashlan snarled, his tone cruel. Exhaling he shifted in his seat, rolling his eyes. Krogon bowed his head, compliant and apologetic, did he know?

Stupid...

"You didn't follow them to learn. You wished to be among those of your old clan. You are home sick, I heard you had gone straight to the Frostwolf camp at Oshu'gun." He added, nodding sternly, as if it was a matter of pure fact. Krogon sighed, nodding eagerly.

Not the lie I fed him, but not the truth either. He believes what he wants to.

"There is no crime in that, my student, wanting to be among your own. But never..." Ashlan paused, leaning forward so that the malice in his eyes was clear to see. "...never lie to me again. Do you understand?"

Krogon nodded, bowing his whole body forward until his forehead rested against the cold hard stone of the ground. He had gotten away with it, one little lie and he had preserved his secret. Ashlan believed his student above such a heinous deception, and why? Because he had never lied to him before, not once. He trusted his student, and that trust had been abused. And with that disregard for their bond, he had only one thought...

I will be back with you soon Bor'la, soon.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."