Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 09:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24
24 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Warcraft movie trailer leak  (Read 3159 times)

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Warcraft movie trailer leak
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
So, now that the leak of the trailer is out...

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft movie trailer leak
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »
The footage makes it look like the final movie will be a feature-length version of the WoW cinematics. If you adjust your frame of mind to look at it like that, rather than expect a full live-action film, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

I have my own questions about significantly streamlined characterisations, but I'll not be too harsh until I see the final product.

Grogok

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 02:44:02 PM »
Ehhhh....wrong link or did they remove it?

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
Ehhhh....wrong link or did they remove it?

Sorry, here's the right one.

Groshnok

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:57:19 PM »
The footage makes it look like the final movie will be a feature-length version of the WoW cinematics. If you adjust your frame of mind to look at it like that, rather than expect a full live-action film, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

I have my own questions about significantly streamlined characterisations, but I'll not be too harsh until I see the final product.

The only complaints I have about the characters is the one everyone seems to agree with, that is everything to do with Gul'dan. The other one is Draka looks more like a brown-skinned elf than an orc.

Umaua

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 04:20:06 PM »
Well Grosh....It has to be sexy! And everyone drools over skimpy clothes elves!

So...lets just make the orcs look like elves!

The sexy part is also the reason why WoW races are so different genderwise. Only really tauren of the more bestial races look reasonable with the differences between their genders. Maybe trolls. Orcs...orcs just look stupidly different, as well as with draenei. Its just the sexual dimorphism(I think its written like that) that is as big as what it seems to be with orcs, trolls and draenei is very off.
Surely there's some animals in which there is a difference between males and females. But keep in mind, these are races in where -both- sexes are supposed to be very much equals. And sorry but if orc males are as big and strong as they look and females as small as they are, and still they are equals in battle and what not...they should then be more alike on physical features.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Grogok

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 04:49:10 PM »
There is a difference between the being equal by nature and being equal by choice....just look at our world..equality is a big thing right now, women wants and should be allowed to do the same jobs as men..fact is just that there is something they will have to work ten times harder for because they by nature are weaker than men..that is just how it is..and I think it is the same thing in wow.

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 05:22:39 PM »
Only thing that I'm fussed about is how Durotar sounds like John Snow.
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »
The female thing has always had to do with the game (or in this case, movie) being appealing to its target audience, namely 12-25ish males who like to look at pretty-looking females, rather than some ape-like abomination of a female. I know the demographics have changed quite radically over the past few years, but I'm quite sure that was the initial line of thought.

Still, I don't really take that as the biggest issue in any of the footage shown. I'm mostly just concerned with the quality of the CGI, though I'm sure the low res quality of the clip has something to do with that too. Something with the textures, lighting and just the general looks that make me wonder if it's actually the same, or even higher, quality as the original cinematics from Blizzards were. Story-wise, my expectations are incredibly low as it is, so I doubt that'll be a point of criticism from my end anyway. So with that out of the equation, I'm actually carefully optimistic about this. If only for the sheer amount of popcorn potential.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Umaua

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
It would be the case indeed. But all the lore(That I've come across) hints they are not unequal on default when it comes to things like physical strenght.

This from WoWpedia.

"There is no discrimination between genders in orcish society. Women are able to pursue the same career choices as men, rise to positions of power and are even expected to answer to the call for battle just as men are. Strength (both physical and mental), courage, initiative and independence are prized traits in all orcs."

If females would be inherently much weaker, they'd not be able to raise up to any positions in a society which prizes -strength- and -courage-. For that means sneaky tactics are not as highly prized and combat skill does only so much when you are unarmed and have to face someone much stronger, who's also capable fighter. Especially if they are described as more savage and brutal than humans. Meaning philosophy is unlikely to have such a great effect on what strength means.

Offcourse! There is the different mindset of another race, maybe they can be equals even with physical differences. So all in all...if that equal stuff would come in societal treatment of the sexes, and not in raw combat capacity...sure. Then it'd make sense.

And yes this has little to do with the footage. But more on what Koz touched, its not logicality that defines the gender looks. Its profit.

Grogok

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »
It would be the case indeed. But all the lore(That I've come across) hints they are not unequal on default when it comes to things like physical strenght.

This from WoWpedia.

"There is no discrimination between genders in orcish society. Women are able to pursue the same career choices as men, rise to positions of power and are even expected to answer to the call for battle just as men are. Strength (both physical and mental), courage, initiative and independence are prized traits in all orcs."

As I see it..it is more about Social equality than physical..and there are different froms of strenght...even though you are small and your muscles aint gigantic you can still be ridiculesly strong..but the smaller frame of the female would probably give them a more agressive, hit an run stile do to their smaller frame and lighter weights compared to their male counterparts..

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
The trailer leak is here btw; https://vid.me/ijlx
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Umaua

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »
Hit and run really works only on idiots, if you don't have weapons. A skilled combatant would know how to counter that.

And if we'd be talking of draenei who are more about peace and the...philosophical way of thinking, that'd be good. Or if female orcs would be mainly shamans, scouts, hunters. But they are warriors too, standing toe to toe with the much bigger males. No discriminations, fine, that is social equality. But orcs are also supposed to be more savage and brutal than draenei.

I am just saying...how will you have females reaching same positions and standing toe to toe with warriors as a warrior if they are inherently weaker in a more savage tribalistic society. With draenei its more understandable as the are more...civilised. Orcs appreciate strength, honor it. If you're a shaman, hunter or a scout thats fine! You have strength, but just not ability to stand before a strong male warrior, as you are weaker. But we have...warriors. In plate, with twohanders and in the line and so on. They would not gain much respect if they wouldn't be strong.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 12:25:17 PM »
It may be worth bearing in mind that, in the end, this is a fantasy world. Strong females don't tend to look like this:

Spoiler: Spoiler tag because it's impossible to find muscled women that aren't scantily clad • show

But rather like this:
Spoiler: Hollywood stronk • show

Now I realize Wonder Woman may be a bad example because there are plenty of complaints about her actress too, but this is what people generally seem to prefer as far as -physically- strong female go (and who can really blame them?). Then again, if you want to start talking realistic examples, a perfect example would be Ronda Rousey. She can very easily kick a whole lot of male ass, but she still doesn't look -ridiculously- buff like the first example. Don't get me wrong though, I do agree Draka looks immensely scrawny (and scantily clad at that), but she's the only female seen in the preview thus far, so can hardly be perceived as a prime example for every other female orc. While I think it may very well be likely that males generally -would- still outstrong females, I certainly don't believe it's unlikely that there may be just as many female warriors in orcish society in the end. Pure brawn is not all there is to it.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Umaua

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
Oh yes, this is a fantasy world. All I am arguing is that it has nothing more behind it than marketing decisions.