Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147
147 Guests, 0 Users

Tournament of Honor [21/06/2015]

Started by Gridish, June 12, 2015, 10:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gridish

((This post has been on the Argent Dawn realm forums for over a week now.. I may or may not have forgotten to post the rules on our forums.. So I'll just copy-pasta the post.))

In Character information
* Parchments affixed to notice-boards in the Horde capitals, and across Steamwheedle outposts such as Booty Bay and Ratchet. *
"Mok'ra members of the Horde. The Red Blades tribe is hosting a tournament in a couple of weeks. If you are interested in enjoying in participating or simply want to watch some good duels, then join us in Razor Hill on the 21st of this month.
Any participants won't be doing this for nothing! The winner will receive a sum of gold. The tournament will start at 20:30. Any latecomers will not be able to sign up and participate. May we see you all in Razor Hill!

Strength and honour,

- Gridish Rimeweaver, Rrosh-tul of the Red Blade Tribe."

* The logo of the Red Blade tribe is depicted alongside Gridish' name.*

Out of Character information.
Orcs of the Red Blades are hosting a PVP tournament that is open to the RP Horde community of Argent Dawn. The location of the tournament will be in Razor Hill, Durotar. The main goal of the tournament is to create an opportunity to meet and to get to know the Horde RP community on Argent Dawn, as well as to simply have fun.
If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions, you can contact me in-game starting tuesday (09/06/2015) In-game on the character Gridish. Hopefully we can make it a fun night!
Any Guild-leaders, officers of guilds or others are interested in joining, you can post in this thread to receive a calendar invite.

Date of Tournament: 21/06/2015
Time of tournament: 20:30 realm time.
Type of event: PVP 1 versus 1 tournament

Rules of the Tournament of Honor:

- Arena rules. If you can’t use it in the Arena (flasks, engineering items, Bloodlust/Time Warp, Army of the Dead, Lay on Hands, etc), you can’t use it here.
- Stay within the designated dueling field.
- stealth only allowed up to 30 seconds.
- No healing OR tank spec.
- One bandage per player.
- No health potions or any other items that heal the participant ( Exception: One bandage a player.)
- Toys are not to be used during the duels.
- No outsider buffs.
- [Super Sticky Glitter Bomb] and [Sinister Spore] are not allowed.
- talents and Glyphs aren't to be changed during the tournament. The Glyp and talent set you have locked in during your first battle will be locked in for the entire tournament.

All rules listed above are final for the Tournament of Honor. Anyone that isn't happy with the rules are welcome to sit out the tournament.
Any participant that breaks the rules that are listed above will be disqualified at the descretion of the event coordinator and all decisions are final.

Tournament brackets will once again be provided by Challonge. Any questions can be posted in this thread or on the AD realm forums thread!
Link to the AD realm forums post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14899550737
Gridish Rimeweaver

Gridish

The tournament is only a few days away and I would like to share some final details on the structure of the tournament:

Signing up:
Those that wish to partake in the tournament will be requested to report to Gridish ICly between 20:00 and 20:30 realm time. This way the names of the participants can be added to the bracket generator and the necessary preparations can be taken care of so the tournament can start at a decent time. At 20:30 Argent Dawn realm time there will be a final shout out for people to sign up. The sign-up stage will close at the latest time of 20:45 AD realm time and the brackets will be generated. Important: The moment you sign up is the moment that your glyphs and talents will be noted. So from that moment on, participants will NOT be allowed to change out glyphs and talents.

Bracket generator:
The bracket generator that will be used is http://challonge.com . The link to the brackets as well as the bracket image will be posted in this thread when they are generated. This way each participant will be able to know when their next matchup is.

Matches:
There will be an IC announcement of the participants participating in the upcoming match. Each participant will have 5 minutes to take their position in the duel field after the announcement. If a participant does not show up after 5 minutes, the match will be considered forfit by the participant. If cooldowns aren't off cooldowns, inform the referee of the match oocly (via whisper).

Breaking the rules:
All rules listed in the threads initial post are final for the Tournament of Honor. Anyone that isn't happy with the rules are welcome to sit out the tournament. Any participant that breaks the rules will be disqualified at the descretion of the event coordinator and all decisions are final.

have fun!
The main goal of the tournament is initially for everyone, participants and viewers, to have the most fun they can possibly have. This Tournament will also be the prime time for the Red Blades to meet new people on the tribe's new home server. If there are any further questions, then they can be asked in this thread or asked in-game via whisper.

Share the word!

Strength and Honor!
Gridish Rimeweaver

Okiba

Looking good grid! Very much looking forward to this!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Gridish

A couple of final announcements before tomorrow's Tournament:

Addition to the rules:
Stupidly enough on my part did I not concider the fact that two tank classes could be paired with one and other in the tournament, wich would lead to an endless wet noodle fight. With that said, to ensure the tournament keeps a steady pace, tank specs will be excluded from the tournament as well.
I'd like to apologize if this brings up any inconveniences to anyone that is willing to participate, but to make sure that the duration of the tournament isn't too exessive, we'll only be accepting DPS specs during the tournament.

OOC channel:
During the tournament, we'll be using /join ToHonor as an ooc channel. People can chat here with others out of character during the tournament if they would like.

The rules will be updated after these announcements. If there are any further questions, feel free to leave them in the thread or contact me in-game! I hope to see you all tomorrow for a teriffic night of fun and games!
Gridish Rimeweaver

Gridish

A bit late.. since it's already the end of the tournament, but here are the brackets for the tournament and the final results!

Everyone that was there, I hope you enjoyed and any feedback is welcomed with open arms!
For the blood of the tribe!
Gridish Rimeweaver

Gridish

First off, I would like to thank everyone that came out to the tournament today. We had 20 participants in the tournament itself and over 40 people at the event in total. I didn't expect the huge amount of people that we actually received tonight and I'm honoured to have been able to host this event for each and every one of you.

The duels were amazing to watch. The participants enjoyed their duels from what I could tell. The spectators enjoyed the duels as well. Overal the duels went smoothly and there were hardly any complaints. As I mentioned, out of the 20 contestants there was one player crowned champion of the tournament, Daeran of the Ebon Fist.

All-in-All, I'm real pleased with the outcome of the tournament and it has been a honour to host the tournament. Any feedback is accepted... And perhaps this is an event to be repeated in the future!

Good dueling and great RP everyone!

Strenght and Honour!
Gridish Rimeweaver