Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:53:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
52 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Githya Redblade  (Read 2552 times)

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Githya Redblade
« on: April 24, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »

Name: Githya Redblade
Alias: Warcrow, Widowmaker

Race: Orc
Clan: Ironfoot Clan
Class: Warrior
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Family: Kraag the Wolfking (Son)
Known Friends: Rorlug the Black, Redblade Warband
Known Enemies: Mugruk the Fat, Ironfoot Clan

Appearance:
Though detail is sparing, Githya is described as a formidable and imposing orc who maintained peak fitness even in his older years. With a flowing white beard and martial top-knot, he was known to wear blood red war-paint on some of his raids to strike fear in his enemies. Though at ease with a variety of weapons or even his bare hands, he is typically depicted with a blood-soaked sword.

Personality:
Githya is known as an utterly ruthless commander of orcs. His bloodthirst seemed endless, and few were safe from his far-reaching ambition for pillage and plunder. Such was his ferocity that he came to be called ‘Redblade’ as they said that his sword was ever red with the blood of fallen foes. A master tactician, Githya was not above using deception and manipulation to secure victory by any means.

History:
Centuries ago in a bygone age, Githya was a young warrior of the Ironfoot Clan favoured by the corpulent Chief Mogruk the Fat. When the time came for the Ironfoots to pay tribute to the Overlord of the Northern Clans, Githya was sent with a valuable cargo on Mogruk's behalf.

His party was ambushed by bandits and slain, but Githya was spared and held for ransom by Rorlug the Black. As Githya was held in his hall, the cunning orc turned Rorlug to his cause and decided to extort the Ironfoots by profiting upon his own ransom. Rising to become the leader of a band of bandits, Githya Redblade's mercenary army grew so large and strong that the chieftains of the orc clans began to fear them.

Wishing for peace with his former warrior, Mogruk would send summons to host and feast the Redblade Warband. But the Ironfoot Chief planned a great treachery, as his warriors assassinated a great many of Githya's men. Redblade swore vengeance, and at the Battle of Khazud, Mogruk's forces were quickly routed and defeated. With Mogruk's head taken as a trophy, the Ironfoot survivors pledged themselves to Githya and joined his warband.

Many years later, when the old orc fell in battle, the chieftains of Draenor feared that Redblade's mercenaries would become uncontrollable. So they agreed that Githya’s warriors should become a clan of their own and granted them land far to the north where no orc yet lived. Thus the army became Clan Redblade, and travelled to their new home, in the most inhospitable regions of Frostfire Ridge.

Things you may know about this character:
It is from Githya that the name 'Redblade' originated from. His son was Kraag the Wolfking, the first Chieftain of Clan Redblade.

Things you may not know about this character:
As a figure from ancient times, much about Githya is unknown.

Memorable Quotes:
"“Do you want riches and power? Then do what I ask.”
"If two thousand coins is a fortune to you, then you are in the wrong trade.”

Other Information:
A saga of Githya's origins, written by Matriarch Akesha Redblade, his very distant ancestor.

Spoiler: Gallery • show

^ Original depiction of Githya Redblade.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:37:11 AM by Sadok »

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Re: Githya Redblade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:41:17 PM »
The profile has been updated with lots of new information from a previously forgotten series of tales by Akesha herself! Why make up new lore when you can unearth old lore?