Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 41
Total: 41
41 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Suggestions and Feedback  (Read 30995 times)

Rashka

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions and Feedback
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
Alright, we've had an OOC meeting about the feedback raised in regards to alternate punishments, and we've got a compromise measure, which I'm submitting for the likes of Rashka, Krogon and such to provide their opinions on:

Suspension (or Lapsing/Barring/insert suitable orcish name)

An orc who has trained once for a rank and been promoted is clearly competent enough to perform the duties the rank entails (be it rituals for Gosh'kar, pack-tactics for Nag'Ogar etc). Most demotions tend to occur due to discipline issues or miscellaneous factors, and retraining doesn't really address that issue -- it's more of a chore for all concerned, from the orc demoted to the orc having to fully retrain them.

As such, here's the example for the new system:
a) Nag'Ogar A refuses to follow a direct order (or some other offense);
b) Nag'Ogar A is suspended from their duties. They are still Nag'Ogar in the guild-roster rather than being demoted, but have none of the rights or responsibilities of their rank until the suspension is waived;
c) The suspension is waived whenever the orc has been deemed by their appropriate elder (in the case of Nag'Ogar A, a Rrosh-tul or the Chieftain) to have earned trust back by performing task(s) related to the offence in question -- in our example, Nag'Ogar A might be called upon to carry out an order similar to the one he initially refused;
d) Whenever the suspension is waived, Nag'Ogar A once again assumes the full duties of Nag'Ogar. No further retraining or rigmarole is required.

In short, it's an effective 'demotion' until the orc has repented of the specific offences that earned their suspension, but they do not have to go through the whole process of retraining and so once a rank is 'earned', it cannot be forever unearned.

Any thoughts on this as a more player-friendly alternative to "Nag'Ogar A has been demoted to Oathbound, and must prove himself before even beginning to retrain"? If there's positive feedback, we may introduce this system ICly as soon as a week or two from now.

I like it. It sounds nice.
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 11:22:27 PM »
I quite like that, very simple and likely effective. Though I'd not call it a 'suspension' :p we're not good cops gone bad!  ;D

perhaps a "shaming" or some made up orcish word, but overall I like the idea.

Yeah, suspension isn't the right word, we agreed that in the meeting. It pretty much describes the process well enough, but it's not sufficiently orcish enough.

"Shaming" is a decent notion. I'd personally suggested "Lapsed", but the term also needs to work as both verb and adjective. So:

"Sadok is a lapsed Thur'ruk"
"Sadok has been lapsed"

"Krogon is a shamed Nag'Ogar"
"Krogon has been shamed"

Etcetera. So obviously, any ideas as to what the term would be are also welcome, although for now it's primarily about the concept itself.

Srelok

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »
I personally like shamed more then lapsed. Shamed sounds somewhat harsher. With lapsed I think on things like 'he's had a lapse in vigilance' AKA big deal. Someone who's shamed himself sounds more like this person did something dishonorable.
If that makes sense...

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:37 PM »
Right... new suggestion. Be patient with me as this may take a bit of hacking together.

After reading a lot of the responses I've gotten from many of the RP'ers and PvP'ers (i didn't pay any heed to the 'Griefers') in my Roleplay forum RP-pvp rule set thread, and the one on DefiasRP, I've come to several conclusions that I think the guild, as well as the Horde RP community as a whole should strive toward.

After deep consideration. We seem to be getting very evasive of Wpvp of late. and rather slack in how we approach it. whats more, we are held back somewhat by our lack of entry into it. We seem to run back to the garison far too easily when we should endeavour to engage in combat, afterall we do claim to be "taking names since 2005" and a very PvP heavy guild. To that end, I believe we should do the following:

1 - Ensure/promote that guild members at level 100 do their upmost to have a suitable transmogged set of pvp gear of some description. So their able to fight at a seconds notice.

2 - Along with the main Horde PvP guilds, ensure our guild members and other RP guilds all use a particular ooc chat channel. this way we can call in help and even take part in Wpvp in aid of each other, other guilds as well as get back into the greater swing of it. I understand a lot of people have a lot of channel, but the 'lfrp' channel horde should probably be dropped at least.

3 - Make an effort for a weekly event that isn't 'strict', that involves W-pvp in some form, with other RP guilds and even pvp guilds. We shouldnt be afraid of the spires of arrak for example, we should be waist deep and leading the charge. We've become far too stuck to rigid RP focus locations and should for one night a week at least, get out there and let loose. A monday night for example, or friday/saturday. Not main event days, would work great.

Anyhow, all in all these are things I believe would do much for the guild in terms of not only allowing us stave off Gankers, pvp guilds and such, even put Griefers down. But most importantly, allow us to embrace the PvP side of the server.

Thats all!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 10:22:28 PM »
Infact, i can confirm that Necronos and Dominion are interested. just need to get hold of the Shade GM now.

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 11:54:25 PM »
Sorry for triple posting. but <The Shade> are interested too.

So... as the channel with already the most active rp'ers in it is the <HordeRP> one i'd recommend raising it at the horde gathering and trying to shephard folks in there. once thats done I can shephard the pvp guilds in too.

Gridish

• Path of Strength
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »
A shout out to those training for Nag'Ogar/Those that have recently completed their training as Nag'ogar under my supervision.

As you are the first ones to actually receive this training, I'd like some feedback on it. I'm searching for ways to improve the training as a whole.
If you think it was to short, put it down! If you think some tasks need changing, let me know! Do keep in mind that the majority of you have skipped a task due to completing it under Kozgugore's supervision before my return to wow!
other than that, please let me know what you think of the training so far/what you've experiences in the training for Nag'Ogar!

Thank you in advance!

- Gridish
Gridish Rimeweaver

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 07:56:11 PM »
A shout out to those training for Nag'Ogar/Those that have recently completed their training as Nag'ogar under my supervision.

As you are the first ones to actually receive this training, I'd like some feedback on it. I'm searching for ways to improve the training as a whole.
If you think it was to short, put it down! If you think some tasks need changing, let me know! Do keep in mind that the majority of you have skipped a task due to completing it under Kozgugore's supervision before my return to wow!
other than that, please let me know what you think of the training so far/what you've experiences in the training for Nag'Ogar!

Thank you in advance!

- Gridish

Overall I quite enjoyed it, I felt the crafting of a weapon as a symbol of the rank/training was fitting and something that could be built on/used in future with other things.

I'd still like to see the group stuff built on though. I really loved the idea that Koz instilled that the Iron guard isn't the rank of an individual but a team spirit. the whole "Rrosh!" chant was great. Formations and such don't have to be a part necessarily, but that united team spirit/ethos is wonderful, and it really does look good too. Hell, we could have an Iron guard Hakka...

Something to intimidate the enemy :D

Therak

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Varog'Gor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
We actually discussed the group things, and the Hakas were mentioned.
The problem with group activities is that if people don't show up, others might find it hard to progress. Say there was a Nag'Ogar training on a wednesday and Buckethead#1 was the only one able to show up because Buckethead#2 and #3 was doing RBGs. Then #1 simply can't continue at that point.
I'm not sure what Gridish's plan is. But it could be that there'll still be group things, but they won't be required as a part of the training.
Think, assess, act.

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
We actually discussed the group things, and the Hakas were mentioned.
The problem with group activities is that if people don't show up, others might find it hard to progress. Say there was a Nag'Ogar training on a wednesday and Buckethead#1 was the only one able to show up because Buckethead#2 and #3 was doing RBGs. Then #1 simply can't continue at that point.
I'm not sure what Gridish's plan is. But it could be that there'll still be group things, but they won't be required as a part of the training.

oh no no no. I completely get that, but such trainings should occur for those who do attend. Nobody's Nag'ogar specific training (to become that rank) should be dependant upon 'group stuff'. The group stuff could involve the tactics, duelling, practice team stuff sure, but the individual stuff should remain the sole source of the promotions requirements, just as you said.

I think that makes sense... Yeah that makes sense. I just really, really like the idea of the Nag'ogar being seen as a Fierce unit of disciplined combatants, rather than individual bucket-heads.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:39:07 PM by Krogon »

Gridish

• Path of Strength
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
Hey Krogon. First of all I'd like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed the training. The training as a group has been indeed discussed and everyone shared the same opinion on it: It's not reliable as a task within the path to Nag'Ogar itself. Looking at previous feedback it worked in a negative way and prolonged the training way too much ( also a complaint about trainings in the past.

I agree with you that the group tasks were a fun aspect to the training and I can inform you that when we get a few more trainees to Nag'Ogar, I'll be trying out some events that will focus on teambuilding, tactics and more for the Nag'ogar and initially those interested in such kind of training events. However, mostly it'll be nag'ogar and nag'ogar trainee only.

I hope this satisfies your request. I myself enjoyed Koz's team oriënted trainings and have been thinking for a while how to implement it (the best way possible) into the life of nag'ogars and those training to the title.

If you see any others around that have completed the nag'ogar training under my watch, than please point them to this thread as I'd like as much feedback as I can get.
Gridish Rimeweaver

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 09:09:37 PM »
Another new suggestion!

I recommend making a Red blade guild twitter account! - that can be managed by the officer team or just one, to provide coverage of events and such, as well as link up the accounts of guild members!

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 10:15:48 PM »
Another new suggestion!

I recommend making a Red blade guild twitter account! - that can be managed by the officer team or just one, to provide coverage of events and such, as well as link up the accounts of guild members!

We've discussed this amongst this officer-team, and while in theory it's not a bad idea, there's no appetite amongst us for an OotRB Twitter feed. The main issues are twofold.

The first being time and effort vs results, as the RP community on Twitter is currently very small and incestuous compared to the bulk of WPvPers on there -- whereas something like our recruitment threads are seen by a lot of fresh eyeballs, I'm not sure about how many 'new' people will see Twitter posts.

The second is mainly given our current griefing and harassment issues, I don't want to give our exact whereabouts in a zone away too freely by having people tweet out selfies and such. The benefits of informing the RP Twitter community of what we're doing are largely outweighed by the drawbacks of also informing those who want to track us down and gank us into the ground.

That said, if anyone wants to make their own Twitter feeds, they're more than welcome to. But there's no demand at present amongst the officer team for an 'official' guild Twitter account.

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »
With the move to AD upon us, I reckon now is the time to solicit another batch of feedback!

If you have constructive criticism, suggestions or other ways to improve any aspect of the IC and OOC OotRB experience, post them here and the officer team will discuss and respond to every point. Whether it's something to do with AD itself, this website or whatever else, we want to hear it.

Thanks in advance!

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
Just a quick post.

With us now settled and established on AD, I think it may be a worthy idea to perhaps offer to loners/non-Orc RP'ers the chance to follow us about and par-take in our events, like moneyfix and others once did, maybe on a moderate scale. Bring a few folks along to Draenor when we return, or the training in STV etc.

Just an idea! to expand our sphere of contacts/friends.