Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64
64 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Jade Serpent Convention  (Read 1895 times)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
The Jade Serpent Convention
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
A letter hangs on the wall of the tavern in Honeydew Village, translated into orcish.

Laws of War
As Agreed Upon by the Jade Serpent Convention

TUESDAY, Dec. 11th. [29]

With respect to the decisions made by the Convention held between Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Ironforge, Darnassus, and the Shado-Pan, the following are now to be held in effect by all powers operating within the continent known as Pandaria.

CHAPTER I. Neutral Settlements and Citizens

I. Article 1.
The territory of neutral powers is inviolable and shall not be assailed nor occupied by belligerent forces.

I. ART. 2.
Belligerents may not move troops or convoys through neutral territories.

Exception exists when neutral territories maintain only passage through a region (IE Binan Village). In such cases, belligerents may equally move troops and convoys through the settlement, but may not stop nor dwell in the village for longer than a day.

I. ART. 3.
Belligerent combatant corps may not be formed on the territory of neutral powers, nor may they be trained upon the territory of neutral powers, nor may belligerent recruitment efforts be made upon the territory of neutral powers.

I. ART. 4.
A neutral power may not allow any of the above to occur on its territory. It is called upon to punish acts in violation of its neutrality. If it refuses to do so, it shall forfeit its state of neutrality.

I. ART. 5.
A neutral power may supply belligerent powers with supplies. This shall be under the condition that trade takes place outside of the territory of a neutral power.

This trade is to be conducted impartially. A neutral power may not permit trade with one belligerent while refusing trade with another.

I. ART. 6.
A neutral power that receives belligerent personnel is to intern them until such time as it can transfer them out of its territory.

I. ART. 7.
A neutral power may tend to wounded belligerent personnel until such a time as the wounded can be safely moved. The neutral power shall then transfer the wounded out of its territory.

The neutral power may also permit convoys of wounded personnel to travel through its territory, under the condition that no personnel or material of war is transported with the wounded.

I. ART. 8.
A neutral power must abide by the above impartially. If it commits to or otherwise shows favor to any belligerent force, it shall forfeit its state of neutrality.

I. ART. 9.
The fact of a neutral power resisting, even by force, attempts to violate its neutrality cannot be regarded as a hostile act.

CHAPTER II. Weapons of Mass Destruction

II. ART. 1.
All manner of siege weapons are permitted for use against valid military targets.

A valid military target is defined as:

a) A military base, vessel, or other installation
b) A factory, farm, road, or other support element supplying military operations

The territory of neutral powers, as well as non-combatant civilians of belligerent powers and civilian constructions of belligerent powers, are not valid military targets. A non-combatant civilian or civilian construction is defined as a civilian or civilian construction that in no way engages in nor supports combatant operations.

II. ART. 2.
No siege weapon, nor any other weapon of great physical destruction including the intentional lighting of fire or sewing of destructive chemicals, shall be used for the employment of “scorched earth” strategies.

II. ART. 3.
No alchemical weapons of mass destruction, including blight, plague, or any other corrosive force, shall be employed within the continent of Pandaria.

II. ART. 4.
No physical or magical weapons of mass destruction, including mana bombs, magical rituals of greatly destructive effect, or high-yield thermal or nuclear explosives, shall be employed within the continent of Pandaria.

II. ART. 5.
No armies of magic, including elementals, demons, undead, or sha, shall be employed within the continent of Pandaria.

An army of magic is defined as a force greater than one magical minion per magic-user.

Death Knights of the Ebon Blade and Forsaken of the Horde are not magical minions as defined by this article.

CHAPTER III. Prisoners of War

III. ART. 1.
Prisoners of war are not to be executed by the detaining power. They are to be detained until either ransomed back to their faction, or until the conclusion of war at which point they are to be released back to their faction.

III. ART. 2.
Prisoners of war may be used for hard labor within an internment camp for the duration of their detainment.

III. ART. 3.
Prisoners of war may be interrogated through coercive force, but no permanent physical or mental damage may be inflicted. Permanent damage includes limb removal, branding, mental conditioning, and any other such damage that cannot be undone through medical means.

The use of coercive force for the sole purpose of inflicting pain or punishment, rather than interrogation, is not permitted.

III. ART. 4.
All interrogations, especially those employing coercive force, are to be done in the presence of countersha personnel. Countersha personnel are individuals that have been trained in countersha techniques by the Shado-Pan.

Belligerents are free to select personnel as they see fit to send to the Shado-Pan for countersha training.

III. ART. 5.
Prisoners of war are to be treated humanely. They are to be given adequate food, medical care, and rest.

CHAPTER IV. Final Provisions

IV. ART. 1.
The above articles shall go into effect upon the ratification of this document by the following constituencies:

a)   Stormwind, additionally speaking on behalf of Tushui and Pearlfin
b)   Ironforge
c)   Darnassus
d)   Orgrimmar, additionally speaking on behalf of Houjin and Grookin Hill
e)   Shado-Pan, additionally speaking on behalf of the Peoples of Pandaria

The above articles shall only apply upon the continent of Pandaria unless otherwise agreed upon by the above constituencies.

IV. ART. 2.
It is the duty of the ratifying states to enforce these articles on their personnel. Failure to enforce these articles shall result in the removal of the constituency from their coverage.

IV. ART. 3.
Constituencies other than those listed are exempt from these articles.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade