Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 144
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52
52 Guests, 0 Users

Kosh'harg.

Started by Gashuk, January 21, 2012, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gashuk

So as far as I am told, Kosh'harg is usually held in Feburary so it's about time it was planned, no? That is, if we're going to get our green butts off of Northrend to make the traditional pilgrimage, which I hope we do!

Firstly, I would like to offer the idea of having a weeks worth of events to honour it, making Garodar and Nagrand our point of interest for the week. These events would consist of many different aspects of a traditional Kosh'harg, as depicted in Rise of the Horde, including but not limited to; feasting, sparring tournaments, hunts, story telling and everything else you could plug into Campfire RP for which I know OotRB is famous for.

Furthermore, as a Shaman, I would like to perhaps plan something a tad special for the Shaman of the Tribe. Oargoth, being as old as he is, remembers old Kosh'hargs, in which all the Shaman of all the Clans entered Oshu'gun and undertook rituals in attempt to contact and commune with the Ancestors bringing back prophetic messages to their respective clans. I am under the impression that this was simply done by our wonderful High Blade Thur'ruk, Mazguul, in the past and frankly that is a shame.

I propose that all Shaman of the Tribe, perhaps even other Spiritual Orcs such as Sadok who isn't a Shaman but still reveres the Ancestors, enter the Mountainside and within we conduct a ritual including inhaling of certain smokes, devouring certain blood and meat and with any luck, contact the Ancestors. This should be a serious, proper event, not just one or two Orcs wondering into the Mountain and going afk.

But I see what you might think, this would limit the amount of Orcs in the Tribe that can take everything out of Kosh'harg, and to that I answer this. Firstly, whilst the Shaman shimmy off to do these tasks, I propose an event is run alongside it for the outsiders. Perhaps the tournament that I mentioned prior. Secondly, as I have been told has been done in the past, I propose that a thread be opened where all Orcs can mention something, if they wish, that may be revealed in prophecy. This way it has the potential to affect every Orc's life within the Tribe, which it should.

To conclude however, rambling aside, I've made this thread to discuss this year's Kosh'harg should we be having one and see what will or will not be happening. Whether it be a week long event, or a day, I hope for this to be a great Festival!
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Loial

I slap those lazy orcs with my big stick!

Regorn

Quoteundertook rituals in attempt to contact and commune with the Ancestors bringing back prophetic messages to their respective clans.
does this mean I get to have a saying?
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Gashuk

Aye it does, I'd certainly want to involve the real deceased Ancestors of the Tribe!
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Regorn

My first taste of Real RP in more then 9 months...
I am so totaly supporting you

RPing in Starcraft:2 and League of Ledgends is hard
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Okiba

you just stated what we do every year anyway D:
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Gashuk

I discussed it with Maz, she said she was the only Shaman that did anything and as this was meant to imply, this post is mostly about them.

However this isn't about what we do or what we did, it's about planning. Week long event or day? Tournament or no tournament? I assume only Kozgugore makes these choices. :s Yet I admit, I don't know.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-

Mazguul

I did mention we had an evening of us all at Oshu'gun - I must have made myself unclear, it tends to be the shaman/ Gosh'kar/ Thur'ruk/ spiritual-ones who do not do much - my fault I think, as there are not many!

At the evening thing we do a few of those things but it would be nice to have more things too! =D

Not to sure about a week long thing, but it could work so long as folks found it fun =) And it could be possible, often we spend a while in Garadar - gathering things for the evening event, chill out RP etc etc

A tournament would also be wonderful! Often we have a Tournament of the Blades at this time too =)

I think it would be nice if we could invite other guilds along, as we always do, for the wonderful RP opportunities and to give peeps a good old splash of 'orc'! =D
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Gashuk

Oh quite! Yet the point of this is to make plans, so make them :D

In terms of Oshu'gun, we need to make proper events about it with Shamanism, Visions and whatnot. Not cheese on toast ;)
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-

Kozgugore

Indeed, the Kosh'harg is something that returns bi-annually for us, both in March as well as September. This means we still have a bit of time, in case anyone has gotten worried about having too little time already, but people have been free (and encouraged) to throw in their own initiatives every year.

Though it's still a while away, I can safely say that it will, like every year, involve a bit of an RP focus in Nagrand. We tend to stick around on Outland for one to two/three weeks, and build up our events towards it. We tend to include tournaments as well, as well as hunts like Om'riggors and the like. As said though, anyone wanting to expand our range of activities during these weeks is more than free to throw them in!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Gashuk

Ah well I feel a bit better now that I know that things are in the pipeline, takes a small weight off my shoulder. I won't worry myself with organizing/planning things yet then, I'll leave things to you and the usual planners.

I shall however keep my mind ticking regarding Oshu'gun and Shamanism. I want that to be spectacular for all involved.

Please feel free to continue to use this thread for discussion and planning for Kosh'harg, may it be a good one. :D
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-