Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:36:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61
61 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Event - Shamanic gathering  (Read 3000 times)

Elloa

• Cub
    • View Profile
Event - Shamanic gathering
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
Disclaimer :
In case, you are not reading the Defiasrp or realm forum, I post this event here :) (well Rarg answered me already but I'm thinking about others orcs ^^)
Hope this may interest some of you.

Also maybe we could arrange a moment my character could meet you to offcialy invite you IC ? :) Just tell me what day and where I can catch you, I'm not offensive, i'd come alone ;)

Shamanistic gathering

What ? : Shaman gathering inter faction
When ? : Thursday 18 november 20h
Where ? : Not decided yet
Who ? : Shaman of all races availaible

The world is failing appart, the elements unleach their rage, angry and lost in fear. If only one kind of persons can do something to save this world, it's the shamans. Shamans of all over the world need to gather and unite their efforts, to understand the Elements, and to calm them, if possible.

This is not the real RP message introduction, do not worry ! As you may have understand, this event is a project, and I'll need the help of several persons.

The purpose is to organise a cross faction RP event open to shaman only. Shamans of all races would be secretly invited to gather in some place to hold a ceremony of Visions, followed by a offering ceremony.

The ceremony of Vision : One shaman designed by the group will lead the ceremony (need to be a respected one with lot of experience). This shaman will guaranty that the ceremony goes well. He will "lead" the others shaman through visions and be sure no one will be lost.
All other shamans will drink the herbal potion. This potion will make everyone vomit firstly. Then place everyone in trance. Everyone will gather arround the fire, play drums all together and dance. The leading shaman will also sing, and can invite someone to replace him for the sing if he wants (he just point someone) etc, so everyone can participate actively. In this way, each shaman will enter in the world of Vision. (we could agree on a vision OOCly before the event start, so everyone will have seen +- the same thing)

After the ceremony of Vision, we will do the Ceremony of Offering. As it will be a cross faction event, it will be difficult, both in character and OOC to communicate. This is why I do not want hold a real discussion between people, but I'd like to favourise actions. However, we can shortly share our Vision if we wish.

The Ceremony of Offering for the Four Element:
We will make 4 offering, each for one element. We will start with Air, Water, Fire then Earth.
Each shaman leader of his group (one by race, unless there is several tribes played on Horde side) will make his offering, with a little bless/soong/words. The offering must be made in a thanksful way. Each offering must be something related to its element and symbol of abondance, plasure and weel beeing. Something precious. Obviously, for each race it will be different.

Ceremony of Air : at the top of the mountain, we trow a light offering to the Wind (seeds, flowers, leaves, feathers), hoping that the wind will grasp it and take it away, far.
All shaman get their lighting shield or a totem

Ceremony of water : we sink different offering (related to water: shells, fishes, pearls...) in water. It can be depending the place where we will hold the event in a lake, river, or in a big recipient if there is no natural spring of water.
All shaman get their water shield or a totem

Ceremony of Fire : In the Fire, we offer our offering and let it burn. (must be burnable : wood, incens, etc)
All shaman get a (non agressinve) fire totem

Ceremony of Earth : In a hole made in the ground, we will burry food.
All shaman get their earth shield (if you have it) or a earth totem

After have done those two ceremonies, we will salute each others and leave, one (or several) groups, leaving in one direction (South, East, West, North).

After this event, each group can gather (or Alliance groups and Horde groups) and have a longer discussion concerning the Vision, or simply to talk about the problems happening.
I hope with this event, to offer something a bit different, spicy and very related to the events occuring.
I've inspired myself for this event from diverses shamanistic ceremonies existing in real life. The Vision one is inspired from Peruvian ayahuaska ceremony.

Preparation

To prepare this event, I just need motivated people to gather their group, and decide together how to give a particular flavour to their racial shamanism. Some events can be hold seperatly by the differents groups if they wish to do so. I also really ask to not be hostile during this event, and to respect the "shamanistic truce".

I'll in character send the invitation and such when Elloa is back from her expedition. Meanwhile, we can organise ourselves OOCly.

So I need : 1 orc leader + orcs, 1 troll leader + trolls, 1 tauren leader + tauren, 1 draenei leader (will not be me) + draenei, and 1 warhammer dwarf + other warhammers dwarfs  and of course, of course, the Ashepine Chieftain Uung+ Furborlg. A clan of Ogre could also join possibly if that amuse some players.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:33:43 PM by Kozgugore »

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Event - Shamanic gathering
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »
Looks interesting! We'll see if we can spare a few good orcses for it.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Mazguul

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • Spirit Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »
UPDATED!!!! PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE ATTENDING!!!!

Shamanistic gathering

What ? : Shaman gathering inter faction
When ? : Thursday 18 november 20h
Where ? : RATCHET
Who ? : Shaman : Tauren, Orc, Trolls, Draenei, Wildhammer Dwarfs, Furborlg, Ogre

You may have heard the rumour of a Draenei mounting a white Talbuk and racing trough Azeroth, trying to gather shamans of all race for Great Ceremony. You maybe have meet her. Maybe you will meet her.
The world is falling appart, elementals are raging, attacking and invading villages and cities from all Azeroth. It’s time to attempt something. It’s maybe our last chance to save our world…
A great ceremony of Vision and of Offering will be hold the 18 day of the 11 month, when the sun embrase the horizon.

This is a call for all shaman of Azeroth.

More details :

This is a peacefull gathering for shamans of all races. Together, the shamans will unite their effort, their soul and their spirit in a Great ceremony of Vision after what they will attempt to calm the Elements with a Ceremony of Offering for the 5 elements .

The gathering will be hold near Ratchet : neutral city, easy of access, harbour.

The shamans are expected to behave peacefully at all time. They will bring with them their rituals intruments (according their culture), staff, trinkets, drum, flute and whatnot.
The shamans will bring a totem for the four elements and an offering related to the 5 elements.

The ceremony of Vision : One shaman designed by the group will lead the ceremony (need to be a respected one with lot of experience). This shaman will guaranty that the ceremony goes well. He will "lead" the others shaman through visions and be sure no one will be lost.
All other shamans will drink the herbal potion. This potion will make everyone vomit firstly. Then place everyone in trance. Everyone will gather arround the fire, play drums all together and dance. The leading shaman will also sing, and can invite someone to replace him for the sing if he wants (he just point someone) etc, so everyone can participate actively. In this way, each shaman will enter in the world of Vision.

THE VISION ! OOC Explanations !!
After discussion with Maazgull and Rargnasha, we have agreed on this, to avoid a too powerfull vision, and to offer each player enough freedom while keeping sense and harmony between everyone.

The vision is in same time common and individual. Each shaman will see something according their own temper and abilities. The vision can NOT be prophetic. The vision is related to the Rage of the Elements during the Shattering.
Each shaman will choose a element they are in stronger connection, and will see something related to this element.

For example : A shaman connected to Fire could have a vision of a Volcano, or a forest on fire. A shaman connected to wind, could have a vision of a Tornado, or a tempest.

As it will be a cross faction event, it will be difficult, both in character and OOC to communicate. This is why I do not want hold a real discussion between people, but I'd like to favourise actions. However, we can shortly share our Vision if we wish.

The Ceremony of Offering for the Five Element:
We will make 4 or 5 offerings (according your race), each for one element. We will start with Air, Water, Fire then Earth and to end the 5th element : Wild (orc)/ Life (Draenei) / ….
Each shaman leader of his group (one by race, unless there is several tribes played on Horde side) will make his offering, with a little bless/soong/words. The others shamans stand back. The offering must be made in a thanksful way. Each offering must be something related to its element and symbol of abondance, plasure and weel beeing. Something precious. Obviously, for each race it will be different.

Ceremony of Air : at the top of a little hill, we trow a light offering to the Wind (seeds, flowers, leaves, feathers), hoping that the wind will grasp it and take it away, far.
All shaman get their lighting shield or a totem

Ceremony of water : The shamans get close to the shore and sink differents offerings (related to water: shells, fishes, pearls...) in water.
All shaman get their water shield or a totem

Ceremony of Fire : In the Fire, we offer our offering and let it burn. (must be burnable : wood, incens, etc)
All shaman get a (non agressive) fire totem

Ceremony of Earth : In a hole made in the ground, we will burry food.
All shaman get their earth shield (if you have it) or a earth totem

Ceremony for the 5th Element : depending of the believe of your race.

After have done those two ceremonies, we will salute each others and leave, one (or several) groups, leaving in one direction (South, East, West, North).

After this event, each group can gather (or Alliance groups and Horde groups) and have a longer discussion concerning the Vision, or simply to talk about the problems happening.
I've inspired myself for this event from diverses shamanistic ceremonies existing in real life. The Vision one is inspired from Peruvian ayahuaska ceremony.

Draenei : Sanara (main shaman), Elloa (organisation).
Dwarf :
Troll : Unathi, Shrogan
Orc : Mazzguul
Tauren : Haen ( ?)

Furborlg (A) : Mandarath
Ogre (A) : Braiden

PRE event :
Elloa will wander in Kalimdor Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon/night. You can contact me IC if you wish to be part of this event.

I really hope to see many of you ! Low lvl alt are also welcome ! To RP an Ogre you need to be 51 and have the ogre costum craftable (need to be send in your mail box, because you can only have 1 in your inventory at time). To RP a furlborg, you have to possess the special staff.

I’ll also try (would be my first one) to make a movie out of this event.
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Mazguul

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • Spirit Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »
IC:

*Notes mysteriously arrive to all the Orcs of the Tribe. Quite how they got there is unknown but some might notice large feline paw prints outside their dwellings*

To all the Shamanistic Orcs of the Tribe!

It is with great pleasure that I invite you to a Gathering of Shaman from across Azeroth this eve.

With the Earth, Air, Water and Fire Spirits rising up against the whole of our world it is felt that we, as Shaman, should honour those Spirits that have not joined the fight, seek to calm those that have and ask the Spirits what has angered them so.

Tauren, Orcs, Draenei, Dwarves: all races shall be welcomed to this peaceful meeting in Ratchett.

As is our way we shall be honouring the Five Elements. I ask all those who wish to attend to bring an offering for each to give when ceremony calls for it. There shall also be a Rite of Vision where we shall ask the Elements to give us clues as to the cause or final result of their plight.

I look forward to seeing you all there

High Blade Mazguul Sharpeye.

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC:

My apologies for organising this sooooo late!!!

All right, as stated before this is a friendly cross faction event. Those of you who are not shaman are more than welcome to come and have a look but please do note you might get very bored. I also ask that you make sure not to agravate the Alliance as Elloa and I really do wish for a civil and enjoyable experience for all.

Rite of Vision: as stated in the above post with bit will be done just as Red Blades. Mazguul will lead you all into a trance (without the dancing and singing I hasten to add since that just sounds -way- too 'pretty' to Mazguul) where you may be granted a vision. What the vision is exactly is up to your fine selves but once more as stated above it's NOT going to be 'oh look! I see Deathwing!'. It will be a vision of some sort of elemtent on the ramage in no specific place, eg. Volcano going nuts, tsunami, massive and destructive lightning storm. Once we have all discussed between ourselves what the Vision means (or doesn't as the case my be) then we shall get on with offerings and such.

Offerings: make it orcish! We're orcs after all!! Blood of the Tribe!!! (Earth, Air, Fire, Water and the Wilds.)

As stated in the above post, as an offering is made we shall get out a totem (NON AGGRESSIVE!!!!) or perform some kind of spell. Since the Wilds are a little more difficult I simply ask that all of us who are Enhancement get out or lovely wolves and have them run off in different directions into the distance. Should look rather pretty, no? ;) Of course if ANYONE has a better idea please do let me know! ;D
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!