Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 09:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64
64 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Records of the Tribe: them Dwarves  (Read 2040 times)

Norv

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
    • The Covenant
Records of the Tribe: them Dwarves
« on: May 31, 2009, 02:06:06 AM »
The 30th day of the 5th month, Kargath.

It be well known to some of the you, to those who came to the hunt we set up in the forests of Loch Modan, what happened there. However, others may find it necessary to know as well.
We were a little party of orcs, hunting in them forests and islands. Osan, Burgorg Rockeater, Devrak and Braggha, with a few knights, of them Ebon Holders. We came there for the meat and eggs and whatnot of them beasts, though what orc will deny that some gnome or dwarf meat may also be very useful when cooking a good meal? Many gnomes, actually, a few are not so useful. Anyway, we had to shoot down a couple of thieves or something, on our way, some hiding in them forests, with wierd faces and suicidal acts. I doubt any orc took the time to gather some provisions out of them though.

However, it was only the beginning. When crossing the Stonewrought Dam, in the north of Loch Modan, an army, a full army of dwarves was stationed in front of us. Not that it mattered much for orcs, who initially thought to charge right into them, to have it: victory or death! Though admittedly it did not look like an encouraging choice. We did not, though. We were a hunting party, not an army. Instead, orcs had to witness the most dishonorable behaviors. Their commander did not step up when requested, to clarify the situation. Then, one by one, the orcs challenged them dwarves to a fair fight... Braggha challenged one, and two attacked him instead. Osan did not even finish to speak his challenge, and two again, and another hunter's pet attacked him. Many of them beasts were released on Rockeater, while he was simply yelling an encouragement to his fellow orc...

You read well, orcs. This be what happened.

We could not have it. We charged them, and took down as many as we could, and do not doubt, orcs, that we damn well could! Left them bodies laying on the stoned dam, as we went back south, on an island. We were in one piece, the orcs, but I will not start to describe the look of that piece of each of us, unless by telling you only this: it was hard to separate what was proper blood on the faces, from the bloody anger in the eyes... As there are not many things to enrage an orc as much as seeing his fellows cheated in fight by a dishonorable enemy!

It be only one more thing to tell, after the orcs called it a day, but for that, I will simply transcript the exact words and actions:

...I went back.
Up to the ram.
To their commander.

Norviskrall yells: You know no honor, dwaves! I expected more of you!
Dorik says: Is that your excuse for getting stomped?
Norviskrall says: Here I am, shoot, same as you tried on my kin! Two charge on one, after being challenged honorably, three charge on one!
Norviskrall says: You have no honor!
Dorik says: I have been given the orders to remove you from our lands, I have nay time for games.
Norviskrall says: There be no game, not today, nor next time, dwarf.
Dorik says: Duty comes before honor.
Norviskrall says: That be -your- shame, not that it is surprising. If orcs ever thought they could respect you dwarves, that be not possible anymore after today.
Dorik says: For my homeland, I shall bear that shame gladly.
Norviskrall says: Empty be the words of a cheater.

Dorik plants an Ironforge banner.
Norviskrall eyes the banner up and down.

[little untranslated chat among two of them]

Dorik says: The High Judge says the Orcs will respect us when they know the punishment for attacking Khaz Modan is death.

[a mountaineer attacked me, and I took him down in a few hits, either it was him so weak or me so angered or otherwise.]

Norviskrall yells: Attacking during talks, are you?!
Norviskrall yells: That be all you know! Prepare with your empty words then! For it is not the last you seen of us orcs!

Norviskrall yells: And make sure you attack me when I turn my back!

[a sharp sound I heard, near my ear, from behind, and while uncertain whether it was a bullet or not, still, knowing what we know, there be little doubt. Of little relevance as well, though.]

Norvis let the pen down slowly, wounded, and tired, as he was. It was then, when the thought hit him.
Report to the chieftain. He had to report this to the chieftain. But that be a hell of a report. In the very unclear situation after the last battle of the Arathi war, when them dwarves helped turn the otherwise overwhelming odds of the battle for the city of Strom, there was little action going on. The tribe had kept to itself... until now.
For there was no turning back.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:30:05 AM by Norviskrall »
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Mazguul

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • Spirit Listener
    • View Profile
Re: Records of the Tribe: them Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:40 PM »
(( I'd be completely lost as to 'what happened to the tribe' if it wasn't for you, Norvis. Thankies! ;D ))
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!