Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

July 01, 2024, 05:30:45 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 59
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39
39 Guests, 0 Users

Inactivity... sigh

Started by Ugrash, February 01, 2009, 01:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugrash

Buh!...

Now i know ive not exactly been the most active member in history, but yet id just like to say that for the next two perhaps even three weeks, i wont be online much if any at all due to my computer being a "#%!@+£ B*tch!.. Ill have to send it to the repair shop....again....and demand my money back if they dont fix it proper this time.. lazy arses they are
This box of lettering was reserved for a witty comment.. sadly none was made.

Norv

Hey hey!
Take care over there, and good luck with your computer repairs! Don't worry about us, we'll still be here when you come back :)
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Loial

and i'll try to get back too! :(
I slap those lazy orcs with my big stick!

Nergul

Here goes.. ill post in here aswell, making it a nice ''i hate my pc because'' thread.
I was working on a ingenious comeback! but WoW has failed on me! It appears to be some technical error and i have no clue whatsoever to do with it, i'll give a little description of what happens, maybe some of you can help me out!

I install the original version of WoW and after the TBC from the discs, no errors or anything, then, when i log in i get the ''downloading patch'' text and the % of how far it is, nothing i did not expect, after all i need to patch it up to be ready for WotLK, then when we arrive at 100% i get the blizzard downloader and the thing starts to download and install the whole of TBC, or maybe a giant all-in-one patch, not to sure yet, anyway, at around 75% of the dowload, i get a error saying something like this..

''The patch "MPQs-1\UpdateBaseline\Data#common.MPQ\World\Generic\PassiveDoodads\AhnQiraj\Horde_Metal06.m2~Patch(Data#model,294176)" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0xaa8e6abe, actual 0xa8438dc5.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)
''

I already send a mail to technical support but so far no reaction apart from the confirment mail, thus they have recieved it..

Also, i runned the repair tool, not yet patched anything, and the thing says there is to much damage and that i should reinstall, which i had just done.. -_-

On a note, i hate activated my account with a 10 day free trial for WotLK, but when downloading the WotLK, i get the same kind of message!
''I can smell your fear''

Norv

Nergul, please try:
1. - delete the patch you last downloaded (in your wow folder) and start wow, hopefully to let it download again and install.
2. - make the two tests indicated by the first blue post here: CRC mismatch, and post them, maybe on blizz forums, or eventually be prepared with the results for a possible answer from support.
3. - if you have a RL friend that has the game (same windows, same language and expansion), you could copy the .mpq file(s) reported as corrupted on your computer, from him.
4. - run scandisk on you disk, and if you had errors/bad sectors, then they could have had something to do with it. Try again after scandisk.

The most clear thing is: the .mpq you are downloading seems corrupted, so checking your disk for errors, and simply retrying downloading it, seems the most probable way to go... It might simply work the next time you do it.

About the repair error, can you say at which file does the repair stop? That file is damaged, a .mpq I guess. You could reinstall the game (eh...), or, try replacing that file from a friend. You could also ignore this one and run wow with that error of the repairer, if you're lucky a little... I guarantee that. (I have it too and am not in the mood to get rid of it, but it all depends what exactly is damaged).
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Nergul

Thanks! ill try it right away!

[edit] and about the repair tool, it doesnt say which file is corrupt, it just says that the damage is to great to repair and that i should reinstall the game, even though i ran the repair tool wihtout downloading any patches at all.
''I can smell your fear''