Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 03:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
68 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Advice needed.  (Read 1576 times)

Braggha

• Red Blade
  • Proven
    • View Profile
Advice needed.
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
Heya, orcs :)

Since i hit level 70 on my warrior, im enjoying tanking more and more, and after patch prot warriors
just insane fun to tank with. Bored of heroics and PUGs, i wanna to try more challenging content,
and thinking of moving Braggha to some good PVE guild and try some raiding (never done any raids xept Kara, and im curious).
I hate that feeling that i just CANNOT see some interesting content in game.

Not decided for now, really, if I wanna do it or not. Despite the fact i have Grockh in Red Blades as well (and will RP with both orcs anywais, thats for sure), im feeling myself traitorous a bit to leave with Braggha now (pheh, i just joined). The problem is, that i really not beleive thaty any raid alliance will do any good and long. Lack of discipline in RP guilds make any alliance hard to maintain IMO. Am I wrong?

So what do you think i should do in that situation? I know its up to me in the end, but i waana know what you Orcs thik.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »
It's your choice in the end. But it's true we're currently trying to reinvent the Covenant again for both RP and PvE events. Whether or not either of these'll be successful will be completely up to the players themselves. I'm so far unaware what the other guilds' views on PvE are and how many of them there are in the first place, but with a decent amount of interest, it's surely possible to create some PvE groups. It was certainly possible and successful in the past after the beginning of TBC, so it may well be possible the same'd happen when WotLK is released.

As I said though, the level of success is all up to the players. Not one person in particular. I'm guessing it'll involve some good share of discussion before it'll be clear how many people will be interested in what level. So yah, you could either wait it out or have a peek now. That's of course up to you, even though it's always a shame to see someone leave for PvE content. Can't stop orcs.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Norv

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
    • The Covenant
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
Hey there,
I cannot tell you what you should do, after all you know what you enjoy and how you enjoy the game.  Yet, as Koz said about the covenant, and I told you about the "guild independent raid alliance", there is, and as wrath is coming near I'm sure there will be, more interest to build and make groups useful for pve. As far as I can tell about kavo (I watched quite often their ingame channel /kavo since the first post on DB forums), they had both raids organized by themselves, and raids organized by a guild or whatnot and recruiting more needed people among them, both days when they had ZA, Kara, Gruul, and days when they had a heroic and that was it. To me, it looked at times like a very cool success. With less activity as Wotlk was announced, as may be expected. What next, I don't know.

Anyway, I am sure that you will eventually know for yourself what you're in the mood to try doing and will do it. It's a game, after all, guess you could just ...play it? No need to feel bad.
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Kargur Bloodaxe

• Red Blade
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
I think Koz is right about the possiblity of renewed life in Covenant with Wrath, from what I remember just before TBC everything was very quiet there, with a massive surge in interest post-release, at one point there were 3 regular teams raiding Kara, i think. Raiding is likely to become more accessible to smaller organisations such as coveant, due to everything having the 10man setting. I think that was part of the problem - that enough sufficiently geared people couldn't be got together from Covenant alone to raid the 25mans like Gruul. In truth, part of the reason for me leaving for PvE was that it felt a bit stagnated, as we were just in Kara again and again, and I wanted something new. Hopefully, this won't be a problem for Cov in Wrath.

Muchos luck in getting this started up again!

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:47:20 AM »
At the end of the day you pay your money you take your choice.
If you are not getting the fun out of the game you wish to then move on.
Try it out.
May sound harsh but at the end of the day only you can decided.
There will no dout be a place here for you still if you wish to return.

IMHO
Raid and IC, RP no longer go to together I have been on few where they did.
But when it does it the best type of gaming out there.

You have to make your own mind up RP or Raid.

As Koz and Norviskrall mentions the new WOTLK is around the corner.
Raids and BG seemed to die out for a for a month or two when BC got isssued because every body was just doing there own think and rushing to get to 70.
The same will no dout happen again.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Kargur Bloodaxe

• Red Blade
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
To be honest, I disagree Claws. I believe that it is possible to both raid and RP, maybe not to the same extent as if you just RPed, but you can do both. *shrug*

Braggha - the descision is yours to make, go do what you enjoy, for why else would you play this game?

Devrak

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:18:23 AM »
Well I suggest to stay put till the expansion. Many people will be active again (including me) and we can only hope that there will be some guild-independant raid community like the Covenant or Kavo up and running. If you're looking for better gear - the equipment in WOTLK will probably derail level 70 epics just like TBC did with original WoW, so in my opinion it's not really worth it. If you just want to see the content - there will most likely be ''nostalgia'' raids in wotlk for people to check it out.

But of course it's only my opinion, not trying to force you or anything  ;).

Braggha

• Red Blade
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
Har, thank you all for replies. I absolutely know that it is only me decidin' *nodnod*. I just wanted opinions.

I will not leave Tribe, im gonna check what WOTLK will bring.

More explanations of my thinkings:

I not only wish to PVE, actually. I was just dissapointed a bit in our pvp - cause lack of healers and gear. It seems, i want things to be more serious - even was trying to make arena team for ppl to gear up, but failed (lack of healorz lol). You see, i want Orcs to be real pvp force - not just winning planned 10x10 battles. I want Alliance to fear us, i want them to know if Orc is ganked, there will come others and wipe the hell out of everything. More teamwork and helping each others. It woulb be even better in alliance with other RP guilds. Hell if i know if it ever possible tho.

Hope in WOTLK we'll be more active.

Ideally, i want to do PVP and PVE, all in craracter as much as possible. I simply cannot ignore all other things cause of RP - RP, PVP and PVE is not different dimensions, i want to enjoy em all. We can easily figure IC reason to do PVE, just need more flexibility. Each time i do instance, im thinking bout IC reasons for Bragh to do it, tho its not possible to RP in PUGs. So it is just ideas, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Disagrre that one cannot RP good and do serious pvp/pve. IC PVE is big fun, but we need dedicated players for it, cause it a bit slower. I dislike raids when ppl rushing forward as crazy monkeys, paying no attention to surroundings. Heck, im planning to go to saved empty Kara, to take a better look at it. Beautiful place.

I hope new Covenant will bring things up, and im ready to help in all aspects.
Kavo seems more or less dead now for me. No activity in channel and forum.
Nostalgia raids is pure happiness. I was able to do Onyxia and BWL, looking forward for AQ and MC if there will be raids.

Speaking bout gear, thats one of reasons i was thinking about joining PVE guild - old gear will be nothing, and with WOTLK, gear requirements to join serious PVE guilds will be removed. And good pve guild is the best way to be competitive for endgame PVE as soon as possible, while doing occasional arenas and BGs for PVP. Now im raiding and instancing just for seein new places and more tanking experience. And for badges for soon-to-be-useless epix :)

Braggha

• Red Blade
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
Bah, after thinking all things back and forth again, i decided to give it a try with some pve guild for Braggha, since recruiting gearchecks is off for now. If i can find serious and RP respecting guild to raid with, i will try to join.

I not really losing anything, well, i have Grockh in Blades as well :) And i will leave with Braggha only if i will find well enough guild.

PS this is NOT farewell letter of any kind, im still active as usual, RPin' with all my chars and having fun :)