Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 449
  • (September 22, 2024, 02:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
128 Guests, 0 Users

RP addons

Started by Norv, October 13, 2008, 03:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

I am the kind of player that would keep an entire addon with quite many functionalities only because of a tiny piece of it. And what is worse it that I don't even use that tiny piece too much, because it has its inconveniences, still I "might" use it more one day...
Well, well.
Specifically, I kept the ImmersionRP addon that I don't use (I use MyRolePlay) because of the little "RP button" that it adds to the chat. The button hides most of your interface, leaving only the chat window and tooltips visible, for you to ... RP of course. That seemed like a wonder for someone who always had a too many action bars and such.

These days I was tired enough of them too many addons, so I extracted the code for the RP button into another little addon that does nothing else (RPButton), and gave up the rest. I attach it here. Please feel free to take it if you find it useful. If not, perhaps you can say why not and I might add something to it?
Mind you, currently there is nothing of my own there, is only a part of the ImmersionRP (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/immersion-rp.aspx).
I attach a screenshot with what the interface looks like when you click it.
Then, as I said, in fact I don't use it because of some inconveniences. Specifically:
1) It hides most frames, including the "target" frame. That is a little too much, it makes it wierd, you don't know when and what target you have selected unless you notice the thin selection circle around it... not good. The same for the pet frame I think.
2) It lets the chat how it was... Perhaps it could leave the damned /trade channel and join it back at the end?
3) Again, the chat. Perhaps it could split the chat window in two windows, one for /say, /yell, /emote and one for the rest.
4) It could allow one action bar still visible? (the one for RP macros I suppose)

/discuss

"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Kozgugore

Sounds nice. I used IRP before but it had some nasty bugs on me last time I tried using it. I found the RP Mode button to be quite useful at some times though. Though ever since I moved on to MRP, I'm using some program called CameraPlus (I think that was the name) if I want to make most of my UI disappear. Mostly using it for Frapsing certain moments though. Though perhaps you might want to take a look at that program as well, since it allows you to disable certain elements of the UI (for example, I gather it'd be useful if you want to hide most of your UI during some RP session but might expect some PvP or whatnot to occur. Just a thought).

Wouldn't know about the chat issues though. But I do know there's some other addon (messenger something) that allows you to easily create seperate chat windows or whatnot. In any case, might as well give this a try sometime. Thanks for sharing! Might have some food for thought later.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Norv

Thanks for the informations, will take a look at that CameraPlus! About messenger, I'm afraid you probably mean Wow Instant Messenger (WIM) that creates separate windows for each conversation in whispers only, with a couple of plugins perhaps guild and party, but not /say, no other general or custom channels. At least this I know, and it's nice, but, for keeping easy track of whispers.

Episode II now if I may:

Elephant, a nice chat logger, who is able to record any channels at all. Still, it has a few things that I didn't like, and I started tricking it a little:
- it had a limit of 1000 lines per channel, it became 5000, but more importantly:
- the copy window had 150 lines, and hard to scroll and copy, it became 1000 lines maximum, a little quicker to scroll too, and all text is now selected when you open the window, thus allowing to copy paste in a couple of seconds.
Please feel free to take a look :). Again, any opinions are appreciated.
... Oh wait."

Norv

I found an addon, "MyQuests", for player-defined quests, which may be different than the one you used but seems very nice!
Not fully working also, but starts to be working.

Here is what it looks like:
(I'm thrilled!)

What do ya think?
... Oh wait."

Kozgugore

Wow... Now that looks -very- promising! Might be real useful for sending tutors on their way and all. I'll give it a try tomorrow, see what I can do with it. Nice find!

Norv

Erm, I wouldn't advise that for the moment. Part of it doesn't work, it seems that only quest creation, edition and listing work. But it's a bit worse: apparently it interferes with WIM at least, it broke some functionality eh. Investigating. I'll be back with informations.
... Oh wait."

Norv

...the patch is here. And the blizzard interface changed heavily. And 80% addons broke happily. And I cannot continue for the moment the MyQuests fun. But here is a quick fix for Elephant, posted for Koz and who else uses it, until the "official" version is posted.
Please let me know if you still have problems.
... Oh wait."

Kozgugore

Works like a charm. Thanks a bundle! It's odd how reliable one can come to get on addons like these.

Norv

A few more addons, fixed to work on 3.0.2, or at least they didn't give me errors anymore :). Please feel free to check them out if you need them.
They are just a few of those I've interfered in, and in theory only those that were not fixed by their original author (or I didn't notice). Please let me know if you have problems with them or any other for that matter. I cannot tell what addon you need, and I may have them already fixed. Please ask me, it's my pleasure these days. *nods*

... Oh wait."

Norv

Two more addons, that, as well as the previous ones, I know that at least one other guild member uses, fixed to work for 3.0.2. Of course, like the previous, they are only adapted to the 3.0.2 interface by me, nothing more.
... Oh wait."

Claws

New Bartender is working.  :D
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Ugluhk

bah! I have a sudden flavor for the old action bars now :P will probably just get damagemeter and omen and questhelper :)
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Kozgugore

Thanks for fixing Personal Sentry! ;3 For strange reason though, my GMotD turns invisible whenever I activate it in the addon menu. Had the same problem with several other (unupdated) addons after the last patch.

Braggha

I almost got my UI working now :)

Norv

PersonalSentry should be fixed now, and thanks for taking the time to test that it was indeed causing GMoTD not appear. There can be others that make it not appear, I found WIM and NotesUNeed among mine. I will not post another WIM version though because it appears to have been fixed by the original author, posted on curse.com, I advise who wants it to try and give it a shot, he should know what his addon needed better than me.
But if you still have the GMoTD issue, presumably because of some other addon, and need a fix, let me know.
... Oh wait."