Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 12:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62
62 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The chest.  (Read 2345 times)

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
The chest.
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »
Kei awoke from her light sleep with a start.
Her hand moved around the worn handle of her dagger ready to strike.
She searched the darkness but she knew deep down nobody was there it was the same nightmare that had awoke her again.
The same nightmare she had been having for the last few weeks.
Bathed in sweat she laid back down on her cot, not wishing to go back to sleep.

The day started with its normal red glow to the sky and the sound from the traders setting up there stalls.
Kei sat up and looked at her light armour it was her turn to do the rounds of the city, her turn again to patrol, it seemed it was always her turn.
“I’m sure that Overlord is fixing them roster logs” she said to her self, not in the best of moods.

She stopped and looked at her wolf mask on the cabinet beside the cot.
Lifting it of the stand she turned it over and over in her hands.
Something was wrong something had changed she could not put her finger on it but there was a change in the air.
She sat on the edge of the cot for what seemed like hours not moving but starring at her wolf helm.
She finally dropped the helm to the floor and her gaze moved to the iron bound chest at the foot of her cot.

It was old very old.
Rust pitted the iron bands running around it, the lock looked like it would drop at the slightest touch.
But she knew what looked like a simple lock was way beyond her skills or any body else’s she knew to open it with out the key, no force would be strong enough to open it with out the key.

The key.
She fingered an old thong which was bound around her neck, it was made of leather which had long lost its colour, tied to it was that key.
“You will know when the time is right to open the chest and not before”.
Her fathers’ words to her rang in her head.
Was now that time?

Her hands felt clammy as she removed the key from her neck with a pull of the thong.
It took no effort to snap the thong.
How could that be it had been around her neck for years now why had it snapped so easily now.
She moved the key towards the lock which started to glow a faint blue, hesitating she pulled back from the lock, sweat now ruing down her neck over her naked body.
She knew that she must finish what she had started she knew that now was that time to open the chest.

Kei once again offered the key up to the lock, expecting a magical shock of some sort she slipped the key into the lock, no shock came.
The lock pulsed blue as she turned the key there was a soft click as it sprang open like a new lock, it fell to the floor where it rusted away to nothing before her eyes.

“Well I can’t stop now I guess”, Kei thought to her self.
Lifting the lid slowly on what felt like new well oiled hinges she peered into the chest.
There was a dark green leather covering the contents of the box, strange leather she could not identify.
Lifting the cover and laying it on the ground next to the chest she looked in to the chest.
Two blades crossed over each other, with a glow from within the metal they were made of.
She removed the blades from the chest and noticed they had no weight to them.
They had a strange glove like arrangement; she placed her hand into one of the gloves and was thrown back from the chest into the wall behind her.
She frantically struggled to remove the glove from her hand but it would not come off, it was as if it had fused to her hand.
As she calmed her self down from the initial shock she noticed it felt comfortable, it felt as if it was meant to be there it felt like part of her arm.
She looked at it the blades where thin, far thinner then any weapon she had seen before, but they where strong and sharp.
She tested the edge on one of her bed legs and it cut deep removing the wooden leg which gave no resistance it was like cutting hot wax.
The bed crashed to the floor now on three legs.
A grin spread across Kei’s face.
Now she was calm thinking of the enemy she could easily dispatch with them, and with that calmness she found she was able to slide her hand from the glove as easily as she had put it on.
She placed it with the other blade and looked into the chest once again.

There was a full set of green armour made from the same strange leather which had covered the contents to the chest.
It was light and supple but felt like it would have the stopping power of full plate.
Removing it from the box piece by piece she laid it out on the floor.
At the bottom of the chest wrapped up in a dark cloak was a helm.
A helm the likes she had never seen before.
She removed the cloak and helm from the confines of the chest.
Kei laid them down with the rest of the armour looking at it for a long time.
The chest decayed into a pile of dust as if its time on this world was over.

“Well its now or never I guess” she said to herself.
Picking up the pants she inspected them more closely, they would be a tight close fit no room for undergarments a fact that she welcomed with a wide grin she got her self dressed into the armour piece by piece.

It fit like a second skin, tight in the right places but it gave her a freedom she had not known before while wearing armour, it felt warm but not hot like other leather did.
She bent down and picked up the helm, it was then she saw it had no eye sockets, how could she see with that on.
She held it up to her face holding it just inches from her eyes, she could see right through the leather as if it was not there.
It had no straps to hold it in place just cut outs where her ears would go through.
She put it on and was amazed how secure it was.
Her eyes focused more clearly to her surroundings her vision and hearing senses became more acute.
The room began to spin Kei fell to her knees what had she done her mind was in turmoil, she blacked out. 

She was standing in a large chamber in front of her was a throne made of bone sitting on the throne was a large orc with deep red set eyes.
“Why Kei why”.
She stared at the orc who looked at her with a toothy grin.
“Why, why what?” is all she could stammer.

“Why are you quick to anger, why do you not let them in?”
“Who, what are you, let who in?” Kei found she could not look at the orc any more it made her sad to do so.
“I’m the embodiment of the orc sprit, I have many names I’m held in what you wear Kei”.
 “You can and will be more then what you are Kei if only you reach out for it, but first you have to temper you own sprit open your heart and soul”.
The chamber started to shake Kei felt her self falling to the floor.

“Kei! Kei you in there, ya going ta miss ya patrol Kei you up yet?”
Kei woke up from her nightmare with a start the same night mare she had been having for weeks.

“I’m coming ya peon keep ya ead in ya bucket”.
She jumped out of her cot, a cot that for some reason was only rested on three legs.
At the side of the cot on the floor neatly folded was a suit of green armour, “What the?” with two crossed blades, she turned to the cabinet beside the cot on the stand was a green helm and not her normal wolf helm.

True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: The chest.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:17:29 PM »
(( Interesting tale indeed. Kept me interested until the end.

So now we're going to get to see Claws walking around in some tight, green masquerade clothing? Sounds shmexy. ;> ))
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Moggrash

• Red Blade
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »
(( Interesting tale indeed. Kept me interested until the end.

So now we're going to get to see Claws walking around in some tight, green masquerade clothing? Sounds shmexy. ;> ))

((Claws in a kinky masquerade clothing? NOT shmexy  >:())
The Hat-Lord

Vargukha

• Red Blade
  • Venerable
  • Vargukha The Swift (or.. Vargukha The Lost)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »
((Looking forward to see what happends next. Good story!))
For The Blood of The Tribe!