Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31
31 Guests, 0 Users

Fire and Ash- Kyrazha

Started by Rhonya, October 16, 2014, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

Sounds of the night surrounded me as I made my way down from camp, slipping my way over the ashy hills instead of using the front gate. My feet were bare; the rest of my body only clad in the simple loincloth and the loose leather tunic Sadok had gifted me that stretched out over my bulging belly. I was covered in ash, giving my skin a very greyish appearance and blending in with the background. Around me ash fluttered around in the sky, flashes of red sparks and lava falling, the ground treacherous with the hot, molten stuff, every step carrying a risk of its own as I made my way past the ruins that surrounded the camp.

The air was warm, suffocating even with the ash particles hanging heavy in the sky. This land was dead, the dead trees not finding any nutrition in the soil anymore, no water. This land was horrible, in my eyes. Almost no wildlife, no green, no wild, nothing... Just fire and ash. With a thud I landed heavily on my bare feet , threatening to lose my balance for a moment now my weight point had shifted, something I was still getting used to. I growled lowly as I put my hand on the ground to help me stay up, crouching down. My eyes scanned the surroundings, the low ruin walls keeping me from sight. I remained crouched for a few moments there before creeping up further towards the mountain.

Word had come. Word of brown skinned orcs passing our camp, but no one knew where they had come from, or gone, or even what their business here was. Rumors of the south had come as well, more brown skinned orcs… What were they doing here? Why did they pass us without attacking or if they were not hostile, without telling their business? I didn’t think I would find out tonight, but I could at least try to keep an eye on the mountain.

My hand tightened around my bow, an arrow ready as well. Last time I hunted I hadn’t gone alone… I’d gone with the Troll that would try and help Sadok, but it hadn’t been a hunt I’d really enjoyed, the place we’d gone to still hunting me in my dreams. The dampness, the darkness, the stale air and the bone chilling water we had to swim through still getting on my nerves. Not to mention the fact of being stuck there and having to fully depend on someone to make my way out again, it still angered me. He’d kept me safe, that much was true, but he’d also made fun of me, frustrated me and toyed with me, leaving me confused.

Slowly I made my way over the steep rocks closer to the bridge leading into the mountain, the structure looming over me in the darkness of the early morning. There was no movement here, nothing but the occasional bird flying over. I didn’t dare coming any closer, not wanting to risk myself too much. I’d promised Sadok I’d keep his sons safe, and I had no intention to do otherwise. These two were too important to me to risk them getting hurt. Or risk myself, for that matter.

I realized that whoever came in here, had either gone through or were somewhere inside the mountain, not planning on coming out this side of the mountain again anytime soon. A low snort exited my nose as I simply started to make my way back to camp. Nothing much to report, still no news on our situation. But it was all I could do without taking too much risk. I wasn’t a mindless scout. I knew the limits. Unlike some others who had only proven that just the evening before.

Suddenly something soft and furry pressed against my side and I turned in surprise, only to find Lians head there, announcing he was at my side. My hand moved through the orange and black striped fur as I kept walking, my feet kicking up clouds of even more ash as I followed the path back to camp. Back to the tribe, my home. Back to my mate, who knew all my secrets now. He’d been good to me, better than I could ever have expected of him. It was worth sticking with him, even though he had a knack of getting hurt every time. It was something I’d have to accept, just as much as he’d have to accept my flaws, my faults, my stubbornness. My hand moved back to my stomach as I moved into camp. These two would bind us, far more than any oath could ever do.

Fire and ash. My least favorite place so far where the tribe stayed. I took my spot again on the hill, covered in ash and soot, nearly looking like a statue myself. I hoped we would move again soon… but I wasn’t sure if I would prefer the places we would go over this one…
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."