Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 09:24:11 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77
77 Guests, 0 Users

A mother of the Tribe

Started by Rhonya, November 19, 2013, 04:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

Ripples moved out over the flat surface of the water as something disturbed the peaceful lake at the edge. The ripples moved out and out further, until either breaking against the plants at the edge, or disappearing in the distance, not enough force behind them to keep them into existence. Again some splashes were heard as the water was disturbed, droplets again making ripples. So it continued for a while. The figure sitting at the edge of the water splashed some of the cool liquid in her face, wetting her ravenblack hair. Rhonya sighed deeply as she leaned back on the grass, only poking her feet into the water. She had not been able to sit very comfortably recently, the growing stomach getting in the way more and more.

The sun of Nagrand shone down on her face, but couldn’t really warm her. She felt cold, the tips of her fingers slightly cold, so were her toes and her ears. Maybe she was getting sick.. It wouldn’t be much of a surprise, to be honest, she thought. The last few days had been a mess. She had so much to do, so many decisions to make that she didn’t want to make. So many insecurities…The feeling of the water soothed her, and she moved slightly closer to it. Therak had always said she belonged with the water, that she just seemed to fit with it. Now that was more true than ever…

A gift, she had called it. Rhonya found it more a curse. With a low snarl she removed the bandages from around her neck, letting her fingers slide over the almost invisible ridges of loose skin that were there. Three cuts, on either side…Enhanced by forcing  the water and blood, making her able to breathe through them. They had been useful for the task, but… She didn’t know what to do with them now. She wasn’t some kind of fish. Or a Naga.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as Rhonya lowered her hand again from the cuts in her neck. That was the least of her worries though. Oguur had seen them… He was of opinion she should keep them, as a reminder, a tribute for the water being hurt to help create them. Perhaps he was right. But she didn’t know how the others would react on the things... Gills. She would have to accept the name, sooner or later. It felt so unnatural to her… But on the other side, it gave her a lot of opportunities.
Some soft sounds behind her made Rhonya jump out of her thoughts for a moment, and quickly she put the bandage back in place. She wasn’t ready yet to show everyone. For now she would keep them hidden. The sounds of the Mag’har coming back from their hunt behind her reminded her of the other things though.

Sadok.
The name filled her with a happiness, a happiness he was there, that he wasn’t dead. At least, not really. Though the name also came with a feeling of guilt, sadness and pain, because she had been shocked to find him in the state he was in now. So confused, mixing up memories and faces, not even remembering he himself was dead. They were all looking at her now for a solution, something that filled her with fear. She didn’t know what to do with him… He himself had given her an idea though, and after a talk with Krogon it had begun to take shape. But would it work…?
There was only such a small chance, and they would have to keep Sadok close to them, in his confused state.  Was it still fair to him, to keep going, to keep trying to save him? She couldn’t ask for his opinion really, since he wasn’t in his right mind now, so she couldn’t really put any trust in his answers.

Rhonya pulled up her knees now slightly, wrapping her arms around them as she stared at the sunlight reflecting on the surface of the lake, a play of sparkles and almost blinding flashes. She wanted to help Sadok… Help him find peace again, one way or another, being that in death or at least in undeath with a sane mind. She would ask… Asking couldn’t hurt anyone. And if the spirits would be mad for her asking, then she would take the blame on her. It was only fair, since it had also been partly her fault he had died in the first place… She’d been too late to save him.

Which reminded her in turn of Uzguul, who’s body still lay in the inn, alive. She hadn’t had the guts to tell Gridish he’d been talking to an empty shell… Something without a soul. For that soul was elsewhere now, carried by someone who said he’d try everything to save the Orc. It came down on him now. It still left her with a body to look after though, breathing, the heart beating, but.. That was it. There was nothing else left. In time the body would die… She didn’t know what would happen then.

Reflecting in the water was her own face as she leaned down over it, her hands firmly placed on the edge. Looking down at it, she concluded she looked pale again, her eyes slightly red, the bandage around her neck annoying her. Her long hair framed her face, giving her an even more pale appearance due to it being so dark.
Her bright blue eyes looked back at her, the image slightly disturbed due to the ripples of the ever moving water. For a moment the image was still, until suddenly it started to swirl and the outline of something became visible, two small beady eyes looking back at her instead of her own blue ones. It only lasted a moment, before it disappeared again. Rhonya smiled though. She had help. They had put trust in her. They would aid her… If she would aid them back. It always cost a price... But she was willing to pay it.

She’d do anything for her family, her tribe… Even if it would cost her own life.

Slowly she stood. It was time to go about her duties again, check on Uzguul-who-wasn’t-Uzguul anymore and see if the others had not killed each other in the meantime. Krogons joke echoed through her mind. She would mother them… And he would be the strict father. In a way, he had been right. A small smile appeared around her lips as she moved towards the inn. A mother of the tribe. She could live with that.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Thrash'Nak

Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Rórir

I agree with Grogona :) Youre great at creating atmospheres ^^

Sadok

A series of reflections, both literally and figuratively! Rhonya seems to be having a rather tough time of it, stresswise, though. I've provided the following therapy for her:

Rhonya

Haha oh my, Sadok.. xD Thanks for all the nice comments, guys! At least now you all know what you're doing to poor Rhonya ;)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Shargla

And I am making it even worse! Yay me! *diabolical laughter*