Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

July 05, 2024, 10:58:45 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40
40 Guests, 0 Users

Horde RP in MoP (spoiler alert)

Started by Kozgugore, August 25, 2012, 02:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

I've decided to make a little post regarding the upcoming plots that we can expect in the upcoming expansion. The actual discussion can be found on the DefiasRP forums (found on this link), but since not every one of us might have an account there, I figured I might as well throw it up in here as well.

QuoteSo in the following post, you will have to expect some spoilers from both the upcoming MoP expansion as well as the upcoming book, Tides of War. Some of the excerpts here may not be from an official source, but nonetheless from a source that has read throughout the book and given brief summaries of what's happening (for those lazy ones among us or just lacking the time to actually read it ourselves). So without further ado: Spoilers!

It's no secret by now that Garrosh has been on a bit of a Dark Horde-esque tour for a while now. This is all the more confirmed in the upcoming book, where he not only seems to have recruited Blackrock orcs into his ranks, but is openly making use of so-called Dark Shaman (according to some sources, Twilight cultists) as well. Heck, he even uses a Blackrock lieutenant whose orders are purely to keep a close eye on fellow Hordies and even seems to have killed or beaten up the opposition to Garrosh on the middle of the street. Moreover, Garrosh goes on about "submitting the elements to their will", which is as close to the Old Horde as it gets.

So what does this mean for Horde RP? It seems the tables are almost turned now. Whereas the "traditionalists" (loyal to Thrall, you could say) were once the ruling mob, it now appears to be the Garrosh-loyalists who rule the streets now, in a matter of speaking. These loyalists could in fact easily play along in this whole iron fisted rule thing, whereas the traditionalists will have to suppress their objections to Garrosh' Horde and be careful as to who they trust.

It's especially this latter point that interests me. This could be a great opportunity to get some real life back into inter-guild RP on Horde side. On one side, you have the loyalists moping around, and on of the other side you have the traditionalists trying to keep a low profile. In the latter case, there could even be a resistance of some sort put up, keeping into account the rumoured events to take place at the end of the MoP expansion (raid on Orgrimmar, so I've been told anyway). You could think of an "underground resistance group" so to speak, meeting in secret and scheming to bring balance back to the Horde, whilst the loyalists attempt to root them out and have them trialed for betrayal.

Of course, there's far more that comes into account in this situation, but this is but a brief take on what we could very well realize, should there be enough interest in it. If so, it should make for an interesting setting on the Horde side indeed.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

VERY interesting. i'l try and come up with a more sensible reply come morning when i've had some sleep, but very interesting and full of potential. Tribe red blade could finnaly decide what side of the fence it sits on.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Thrash'Nak

I agree, this could turn out to become some intresting plots, looking forward to it.
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Okiba

I think we all understand the tribes very neutral stance and outsider ways regarding the leadership and politics of the horde hierarchy. But maybe, just maybe, we could create some 'sneaky sneaky' subtle plots where we support Thrall's return to the horde, RP thrives on conflict (of a sort) anyway. I for one would like to see that, but of course the majority (and officers) opinions make the ruling.

Nice plot to see on the horizon all the same.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Kozgugore

It might be nice to see a little bit of both within the tribe, allowing anyone free to choose whatever "alignment" or allegiance they would please. Certainly something we can keep an eye on, at least!

On another note,

Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Therak

Noone expects the orcish inquisition?
Think, assess, act.