Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 21, 2024, 08:29:02 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202
202 Guests, 0 Users

They Come

Started by Saeroe, January 29, 2012, 10:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saeroe

That night, sitting up high within the branches of a tree, a single eye watched a caravan move along the road in the Grizzly Hills.

-Supplies for the Tribe-

The eye had watched this road a lot. Alliance caravans never normally came along these roads unless forced for they were more dangerous. But this one did. Four guards of human origin dressed in typical metalwork and a suitably armored up dwarf driving the caravan along. They carried torches to light their way, the journey having taken longer than the expected for an unforeseen problems. The rams hooves clittered and clattered on the stony track, one guard at the back, three up front.

-Explosives rigged. Timed with thunderstorm. Tree fell. Edges reshaped to make it look more natural. Road blockage. No-one knew-

"Steady as we go, lads!" the dwarven driver shouted out to the pair of rams, her voice echoing into the forest as they reached a narrowing of the road. "Dinnae wanna slip in't pitch black, now!"

"Keep your voice down, Shayle" one of the four guards hissed "there are tales about these parts of the woods. Folk go missing"

-With blood they come-

Shayle laughed "Ach, jist folk stories an' the like, yer pansy! These woods are plenty safe. Beside, we got Ainsley 'ere wit' us!" The dwarf turned around to call out to the guard at the back "ain't tha' right Ainsley!"

There was no answer from Ainsley.

"Bah, yer be nae good fun today!" Shayle continued jovially "Perhaps we should send Clem back there ter cheer yer up?!"

This received a round of laughter, yet the four up front soon stopped laughing as there was one laugh missing.

"Ainsley?" Shayle called out.

Still there was no answer. Shayle stopped the caravan.

The sound of steel being pulled out from three scabbards very slowly was all that could be heard, the forest was quiet. Too quiet and Shayle, whom was not normally prone to panic, felt her heart rise in her throat and became very aware of how agoraphobic she felt in the forest. Save for the ring of light from the flickering torches there was nothing but the dark. Clem and Honey slowly walked to the back of the caravan, Shayle stood on her seat to see behind and Ainsley wasn't there. She soon turned as the light from ahead, the one held by Fisher was dropped on the floor. The guard stood there, frozen and Shayle froze too as she noticed the torch was being put out by Fisher's own blood. Fisher fell forward and as if the fates had cursed them all the sound of howls started to fill the dark.

-They come-

Shayle grabbed her axe from beside her, glaring out into the dark, standing on the seat of the caravan, her own torch in her other hand. She heard running, shouts from Honey and Clem from behind then swift silence again. Something told her they were there. The wolf beasts. Or was she imagining them prowling on the edges of the dark? She concentrated on the dark and she realised she was not imagining things. Yellow teeth, mad eyes, their breathing, the smell of blood - she was surrounded, but the beasts stayed out of the torch light. Shayle stood defiantly

"Come out, yer walkin' cloaks, and come get -!!!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The birds chirped in the morning, a gentle mist had covered the ground the only thing disturbing it was a pair of brown leather boots walking through.

Sidewinder frowned, or only one half of her face did for the other side was too scarred, as she looked at the caravan. The rams had been terrified and had run a long way from the road into the woods. They had been a pain to follow, but she found them. They were still living, but the caravan guards and the driver were gone. The rain would wash away the blood. The she-orc was careful to pick up the debris as she had followed the tracks, these she placed inside the caravan.

Quickly the she-orc got to work. It took hours to back the rams all the way back the way she had come, but she did not wish extra tracks from the wheels. As soon as they were back on the path, hours later, Sidewinder took to the drivers seat and hurried the caravan on, back to conquest hold. The rams could be eaten, the caravan could be taken apart and used and the supplies - which Sidewinder was sure was food and leathers - given out to the other Tribe members.

Sidewinder thought she had done her task well.

Grekthar

((excellent. now Grek can torture emotions back into Sidewinder and reignite her heart :) youd better get urself a bunny companion saeroe for ingame..thats all im saying xD))

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Okiba

In them Grizzly hills, killing ma troops.

Good story, i very much enjoyed it!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."