Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44
44 Guests, 0 Users

Just a normal day- Kyrazha

Started by Rhonya, February 16, 2015, 04:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

A ray of sunlight shone through the open door of the hut, straight on my face. I blinked against the bright light, yawning wide as I turned around again, wrapping my arms a little tighter around the warm form that was lying beside me. Sadok turned his head however, his long beard now straight in my face and I grumbled softly as I pushed the thick hairs away a little while he just continued snoring like nothing was happening. With a grunt I decided it was time to get up anyway. Life started early here, and I’d learned it was actually quite amusing to help the Laughing Skull with their daily business here and there and while they didn’t show much appreciation at first, slowly they warmed up to me a little. At least, I liked to hope so.

Quietly I slipped from the furs, leaving Sadok to sleep a little longer. Loa knew he needed it. I made my way outside and the busy life of Broken Horn village greeted me. Sounds, smells, laughter around me, riders going out already to keep the ever present Iron Horde in check that was so nearby. I focused on myself first, washing myself in a barrel of water that was outside for that purpose. I shivered slightly as the water cleared my mind more. No dreams again tonight. Apparently Sreloks little ritual had been successful, for now at least. I slept better, without interruptions.

I moved back inside the hut to put some clothes on, looking down on Sadoks sleeping form a moment. He looked so calm, so peaceful when sleeping. Apart from the deafening snores he sometimes erupted into. A warm feeling spread through my stomach though as I looked at him. I could just sit here and watch him wake up slowly… No, I promised Bloodgrin to help her with the skinning today.

As I made my way to the Skulls skinning hut, I still got looks here and there from the locals. Some didn’t approve of me wearing a mask on my belt, some found it hilarious and some ignored me for it. My skin was green, I was an outsider and even though one of their own had approved me earning the mask, the Laughing Skull were very much a ‘see and then believe’ type of orcs. So I helped them with their daily things, every day again, to show them I could pull my weight just as much as their own and be a part of the tribe as well and help them out.

The smell of blood greeted me as I walked into the hut and Bloodgrin greeted me with the usual unsettling grin of her mask, painted red with blood. I didn’t know how her face looked like. Though that was with most Laughing skull, they never took their masks off.

“Morning, Biter. Come here.” Her voice greeted me. They’d taken on using the name they heard Rik’clar call me, and I’d somewhat gotten used to it by now. I made my way over to her and Bloodgrin snatched out a bloody hand to my face, grabbing my cheeks roughly as she brought her own face close. I grunted as I looked into her green eyes, visible through the mask. She looked at me with serious eyes a moment before she erupted into an odd snort-like laughter.
“So pretty green still. Why not wear the mask, eh?” She said, keeping a hold of my chin painfully tight. I snorted softly in answer and she let me go with a cackle.

“Fine, fine I won’t bring it up again. Touchy girl, I know. Now, do your job, we have a lot do to.” She said with an amused tone while turning away and throwing me a skinning knife while pointing me to one of the boar corpses the hunting party had brought in at night. I set to my job, happy to help.

A few hours later I was covered in blood and gore, my back hurting from sitting on my knees so long. Bloodgrin had given me some slabs of meat for my effort and I chewed on one of them as breakfast while I walked through the town. Suddenly a big form bumped into me and I nearly fell over, though a strong hand grabbed the front of my jerkin just in time and steadied me. A hoarse and rough laugh sounded and I looked up, straight into the dark eyes of one of the town warriors, Skullsplit. He nearly lifted me off my feet, still holding my shirt tight in his hand.

“The little biter should look where she walks. Little biters running into Skullsplit usually don’t live long.” His voice sounded heavy, hoarse and very deep while a rumbling laugh when through him which nearly shook me as well. I had to be careful with this one, I knew.

“Maybe Skullsplit s’oul’ learn no’ ta take up da w’ole pat’ den, ‘ardly a way aroun’ ya brutes.” I replied to him, my voice light though, a small grin on my face even though I had a bit trouble breathing with him holding me so tight, my toes barely touching the ground.
He responded in loud laughter before putting me on my feet again, his massive hand moving to pat me on the head. It felt more like a pounding, but I didn’t complain.

“Little biter always funny. Skullsplit not get why little biter would be with little green bald orc, instead of strong Laughing Skull. No match for biters. “ He said, while rolling his muscles. I had to keep myself from sighing deeply, keeping the playful grin on my face.

“Little biter prefers Orcs w’o dun squas’ ‘er into da groun’ at every pat, Skullsplit.”
He laughed loudly at this, his whole body shaking again before he replied with a low growl.
“Maybe Skullsplit challenge him then. Winner takes little biter. Fair, no?”

I shook my head, holding back a laugh myself now. I knew he was serious though.
“No, Skullsplit. No’ ‘appenin’. Ya wouldn’ be able ta ‘andle me. I mig’t bite off somet’in’ ya’d rat’er no’ lose.”
His hand moved to clap me on the shoulder, nearly throwing me off my feet while he growled his laugh again. “Tough luck then. You stay with little bald orc. And eat. Maybe little biter not be so little anymore then.” He growled, grabbing the piece of meat I had been eating from my hand, nearly stuffing it fully in my mouth. I grunted in annoyance and he walked away, looking incredibly pleased with himself.

And so the day went on. Teasings, dislikings for my green skin, but also some who accepted me no matter what skincolor I had. Some even tried rubbing me in with ash, giving me nearly the same skin color as themselves, then laugh themselves silly for their own ‘good ideas’.

As afternoon fell, I took a moment for myself, sitting on the cliff, my eyes looking at the ocean down below. I’d go look for Sadok soon, give him the food I’d earned today and show him the necklace one of the Laughing Skull children had made me, out of Iron Horde tusks. Sadok had said it before, this place was beautiful. He could see himself living here, building up a life and raising our cubs. Thinking of them, I felt a pang of hurt in my chest. The twins were still back in Wor’gol, safely under the care of one of the Frostwolves. We hadn’t dared taking them along into the poisonous jungle of Gorgrond… I missed them, with all my heart.
Looking out over the ocean and the village to my side, I could somewhat agree with Sadok though. This would be the perfect place to spend the rest of our lives. But we couldn’t. The tribe needed us as well, more than the Laughing Skull did, and I didn’t want to leave the pack. For now though, I’d enjoy my time here. And maybe one day we could come back.

An overripe fruit hit the back of my head with a loud splat, and a sour smell filled the air. With a snarl I looked behind me and just saw a few of the children running away, cackling with laughter. I grinned, shaking my head and knew my little break was over. I got up to my feet, running after them while making growling noises and snapping my teeth, while they shrieked and laughed.
In my heart, I was happy here. Maybe, one day…
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."