Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 12:18:15 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 103
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69
69 Guests, 0 Users

New Beginnings

Started by Mazguul, June 19, 2009, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazguul

Once again it was dusk, Mazguul's favourite time for contemplation. Truth be told it was the only time she really had to herself. Unless there was a tribe meeting of course, or Osan was around. Dusk was normally the calm before the Hunt.

In her arms was a sleeping little mass of black fur, the little pup that Morgeth has presented to her, and behind her was the ever-faithful Bryaugh who was doing a wonderful impression of a back rest. His silver tail swept round both Mazguul and the tiny wolf.

Ravage, on the other hand, sat staring at Mazguul across the small fire that separated them. To the cat the She-Orc's eyes had turned from brilliant blue to purple, due to the red hue of the flames. The translucent beast cocked his head to one side at Mazguul in curiosity, or that's what it seemed. The beast's stare was blank as per usual and Mazguul snorted at the cat in quiet amusement - an action that caused her nose ring to twitch ever so slightly. She had not even looked up at the cat as she seemed transfixed by the little wolf.

"Don't give me that look" the She-Orc growled at the cat, though her tone of voice was not completely unfriendly. "He'll be safe enough with us three" Mazguul glanced up at the giant cat "I think he'll enjoy coming with us on the hunt, it be in his nature... if he wakes up. But don't you worry, we'll find someone to look after him and Bryaugh while we go to the desert. You be right, it be no place for them if we can be helping it." For a moment Mazguul frowned "I still be unsure what the Chieftain meant by 'concentration' though, in the way it relates to a desert, but if he think it be right for my training for the Path of Spirit then I won't argue. Still... I not be looking forward to getting sand in me boots..."

Mazguul took her eyes away from the cat and stared down at the precious little creature that had been entrusted into her care. That Morgeth had given her such a soul meant more to Mazguul than she cold ever express in words - something small to love to ease the, now admittedly waning, pain. Morgeth was a true sister and friend.

The She-Orc lay a shaking hand on the pup, and ruffled his head affectionately while wishing she could feel the fur beneath her fingers. Her scared hands lacked the nerve endings for her to feel very much at all. With a frown of annoyance Mazguul lifted the hand to examine it and words shared with an Orc that was especially close to her heart came back to mind. Osan was been right about them, it was time to see a Shaman about the spasming digits. Truth be told she had no idea if a Shaman could do anything at all but unless she grit her teeth, bit down her pride and actually asked, then she knew she would never know the answer. Trouble was there was only one Shaman on the whole of Azeroth she would even remotely consider letting near her hands: Norviskrall. But she had no idea where he even was.

Another idea popped into her head, this time not her own, and she peered over to the swirling mass of spirit cat that sat on the opposite side of the fire.

"I'm not going to start 'orc' hunting" she grumbled, shifting uncomfortably at the notion "not yet anyway, so drop it... please" she added, remembering that though Ravage was a huge great cat that she was also of the Spirit world and as such needed to be treated with respect. Suddenly Mazguul smirked and turned her full attention to Ravage, it was as if the cat has 'said' something highly amusing. "That's just wrong" Mazguul smirked "Amusing but still wrong. I can't hunt Shaman in a Bonding Hunt. Call it 'killing two buzzards with one stone' if yer like but I still think it be a little sick. Osan agreed to that old tradition and so we're going to do it properly, when he and I be having the time to spare o'course."

And so her thought's turned to Osan proper while she absent-mindedly stroked the wolf pup. As simple as Osan was she enjoyed his company far more than any of the rest of the Tribe. With an existence as hectic as hers she found Osan so very comforting and as corny as it sounded he lifted her spirit, he made her smile, with his wonderfully simplistic mind. He spoke no words of double meanings, there were no 'strings' nor 'catches' - only pure honesty. She adored him, her sweet Orc, though this she had not as yet said to the gentle, kitten-like warrior.

A pained expression crossed her face as she remembered accusing him of only wanting her as a pup producer. Had her past tainted her so much that she she subconsciously thought the worst of folk to protect herself? The answer appeared to be yes. But he had spoken of things that had hurt her so much and she had instantly gone on the defensive. The thought of holding her own little green pup once again had wrenched at her heartstrings - this she craved more than all other things and this was why she was going to force herself to wait just a little longer. Running into such a great responsibility just to claw back what she had lost from the past seemed cruel to her, not only for the pup but cruel to Osan too. No, she would deny herself, and Osan, a pup of their own until she was ready. If he would wait for her then truly he was the Orc for her.

Mazguul's train of thought was interupted as the wolf pup sneezed in his sleep making Mazguul laugh softly with delight. This was a time of new beginnings: a new mate, a new wolf, new teachings and new hope. For once, Mazguul was rather looking forward to her future... all she had to do was find Norviskrall to see if it was possible for her to have 'new hands'.

"Now we just need a name for you" she said tenderly to the little black wolf pup "but this may take a while... what about... Nipper? No?"

Ravage gave Mazguul a pained look and continued to look distraught as the She-Orc's list of possible names got steadily worse and worse as the evening wore on.

(( Another 'episode' of Maz - Musings. Short one this time though. I'm sure these are more for my benefit - else I'll loose track of everything! :P Anyway, hope you enjoy. I think the next one will be a Maz - Blast from the Past. I miss writing about her and her Troll Shaman friend.
Osan - if you disagree with anything let me know and I'll edit *nod nod* ))
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Morgeth

((Loved it, as usual! Mazguul's one of those very interesting characters, that each line with which you learn more, is a good one. Prawr! More!))
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Drevan

I respond to Sakareth and Azuril too.

Osan the Orc

Me and ma chicken am goin downtown to da drag! We gunna buy mead and corn.