Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 449
  • (September 22, 2024, 02:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127
127 Guests, 0 Users

Old Tauren Stories

Started by torkahn, May 24, 2009, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torkahn

It surely be interesting hearing da Tauren tell their old stories. Allthough we sometimes see them as cattle, their culture be old and their roots in de Earth deep. Their stories be sometimes funny to us but sometimes have deep truth in them. Maybe there should be place in da Ogrimmar library for a collection of their narrated stories...

A young hunter was making an arrow out of wood and stone. He made it with so much care that it became the most beatufull arrowhead he had ever made. Full f pride he decided to make a kill with that arrow to celebrate his acievement and to make an offer to the spirits.
He went hunting on the Mulgore lands. Suddenly he saw a swoop through the branches of a tree. For those who have never been in Mulgore, a swoop is a large, agressive bird similar to the roc of Tanaris. The hunter put the arrow to his bow and fired: the arrow flew whisteling through the branches... but missed. The hunter saw how the swoop took off and flew away. He decided to climb the tree to recover his arrow, but he couldn't find it. He looked for it until dusk and went back to camp.
At the camp he spoke to his uncle, the shaman of his tribe. He told him the story of what happend that day. His uncle listened carefully. When the hunter was finished the shaman said:''I have a story aswell. Today I was gathering pineapples when you mistook me for a swoop! Here is your arrow''. And he gave the hunter his arrow back.

((Feel free to add any Tauren story you like. It would be nice to create a collecton of this kind of stories))

torkahn

Long Ago two brothers went hunting in the Barrens. When they got tired they sat on a stone to rest. Suddenly they heard a voice:''Shall I tell you a story?'' it said. The two brothers looked arround but saw nobody. ''Shall I tell you a story?'' it said again. The two brothers where very suprised: the voice came out of the stone!
Carefully they answered: ''Yes please, tell us a story''. The stone started to tell stories about the begining of time and about gloriuos and dark ages. At Dusk the stone stopped telling.'''Go back to your village and rest. Come back tomorrow and take the oyher villagers with you'' the stone said. The two brothers went away and the day after they came back with the whole village. The stone started to tell stories again.
It continued to tell tales till dusk. ''I have told all my stories'' it said ''Some of you will remember everything I told, others just parts, others nothing at all and will forget. Tell these stories of ancient wisdom to anyone. Be hospitable to anyone who wishes to tell you a story, and be gratefull because these stories are a gift. If anyone gives you a story it might be polite to give him a gift in return.

The stone can still be found just west of Camp Taurajo. It is a sacred place to druids...

torkahn

The Earthmother is the creator of all things. One day she decided to make of the Tauren an immortal race, like the Night Elfs used to be. She summoned the Kodo and told him to deliver a message to the Tauren. ''Go to them and tell them I have decided that they will live!'' She said. The Kodo obeyed and started to walk to the Tauren. On it's way he encounterd the Cougar. ''Where are you going?'' it asked. ''I am going to the Tauren to tell them the Earthmother has decided that they will live!'' the Kodo answered.
The Cougar ran of to the Tauren, much faster than the Kodo could. ''I have a message for you!'' the Cougar said to the Tauren: ''The Earthmother has decided that you will die!'' When the Kodo came he saw the Tauren were living a harsh life, and they were dying. They had become a mortal race. And when the Kodo told the Tauren that they would live, nobody believed him...

torkahn

Long ago, Tauren lived like animals. They slept outside and ate their meat raw. One day a joung Tauren was looking for swoop eggs in Mulgore when he got lost. He encountered the Wolf who was hunting with his bow and arrow. ''Will you accompain me during my hunts and be my hunt buddy?'' The Wolf asked the Tauren. The Tauren agreed and the Wolf took him home. The Wolf had a tent with a fireplace in the middel. The Wolf gave the Tauren a cooked meal: the first time a Tauren had ever eaten something cooked.
But when the Wolf left for some business and the Tauren was left at home, the Wolf's wife threatend the Tauren. The Tauren took one of the Wolf's spears and killed the Wolf's wife. Then he took a burning branch out of the fire and fled awy from the Wolf's wrath, back to his old Tauren herd. There he learned them how to make fire, tents, spears, arrows and bows, and how to domesticate animals like the way the Wolf had domesticated the Tauren.
When the Wolf came home and saw what happend he lost his mind of pure fury, and he forgot for ever how to cook, make fires and weapons.