Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 449
  • (September 22, 2024, 02:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214
214 Guests, 0 Users

Application - Balgoth

Started by Balgoth, January 15, 2016, 09:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balgoth

Name: Balgoth
Class: Mage (former warlock)
Level: 50 (still leveling)

Tell us something about your (role) playing experience:

I've been role-playing for about 9 years, both tabletop and LARP.

I was so lucky to study at the world’s first role-playing school. Østerskov Efterskole.

To be honest I haven’t tried WoW RP’ing before but I know a few people who play regularly.

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:

Balgoth was always rather skinny for an orc, back in Shadowmoon Vally he was inspired by Gul'dan, an orc of lesser strength but great power, to study demonology.
During his years of study he ended up giving in to his anger towards his fellow orcs who had made fun of him for being shorter and physically weaker than them. This caused him to seek revenge which ended with him killing many of his fellow clan members. It was dismissed as an accident but the guilt would forever haunt him.
One day Balgoth learned that some mages had unlocked magic that could allow them to manipulate time, this seemed like a way to right the wrong that haunted him so he turned to Arcane studies in hopes of finding a way to learn time magic.

PS. I’m Nerhgash’es roommate.

Rhonya

Hello Balgoth!

Welcome to the forums, first of all! I've taken a look at your application, and I'd like to ask some small things to be added to it!

Firstly, I can't really see from your application is Balgoth is from the 'old' Draenor, or from the 'new' one that was introduced with WoD.
If he is from the original Draenor, I'd like to see a little more about his background, what he did up to now, during the more influential happenings like Burning Crusade, Cataclysm, etc.
I'd also like to see a reason why he would join the Red Blades in particular! We're not exactly a 'mage' tribe, seeing that arcane is still a pretty new concept to orcs, not many practise it, though we do have some around of course. Also keep in mind that time bending magic is up to the level of bronze dragons, so as a goal it is fine, but I wouldn't really advise actually being able to use it ICly. Same goes for portals in our case, in RP we take it to be a bit more difficult to make than just the spells that are casted OOCly in a few seconds.
You can simply edit your application or write the additions in a new post, and then bump this up again so someone can take a look at it once more!
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Good luck! :D
~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Balgoth

Hey Rhonya,

Thanks for the feedback, I have rewritten Balgoth's backstory to be a little more detailed just for you. :)
Here it is:

All throughout his childhood, Balgoth was mocked by other orcs for being shorter and weaker than them, his father was very sick so his mom spent most of her time tending to him so with no way to stand up for himself and no one to turn to for protection he became very lonely and would often seek solitude. One day the chieftain of the clan Ner’zhul was replaced by another orc, Gul’dan. As Gul’dan started to assimilate the horde and offering power to those who wished it, Balgoth didn’t hesitate to accept, believing that his life could not get any worse. As Gul’dan and his shadow council grew in power one of its warlocks decided to conduct an experiment where he would take orcs from a very young age and bind them to demons in hopes of making much more powerful warlocks. Balgoth was among the children in this experiment, and although he didn’t like being forced to do anything he did find the lure of power too great to resist. There was only one problem in his mind, the other children, if they proved to be better suited then him he feared that he would be discarded, so he did what he had to do, he killed every other child in their sleep so only he would be chosen. His cruelty and conviction proved to give him what he wanted; he became a powerful warlock.
As he grew older and the horde had moved to Azeroth, his past deeds began to haunt him, in his dreams he would see the faces of the children he had killed and hear them choke on their own blood as the life left their eyes. He grew to deeply regret his actions, he journeyed across Azeroth in search of a way to sooth his grieving heart. On this journey he heard of a place where time can be changed or erased, where bronze dragons can alter time as they saw fit, so he went out in search of this place hoping that they would help him change his past.
Years passed but eventually he found it, the Caverns of Time. As he approached the massive cave entrance he was stopped by a huge bronze dragon who told him to leave at once. He plead his case to the dragon but it refused to help him saying that he had chosen his destiny himself and should pay the price for it.
He left the Caverns of Time with great sadness in his heart, but he did not give up there, if they would not help him then maybe he could learn to do it himself. He began looking for books, clues, texts or anything else that talked of magic that could alter time. He abandoned his warlock magic and took to studying the arcane arts instead, hoping it could lead him to his goal but also because the connection between warlock magic and his past was too much for him to keep. Even though Balgoth has been alone most of his life, or perhaps because of it he knows that there are things one cannot do alone, he seeks to find a place where he can truly belong, to experience what it feels like to not live a life of solitude.

Character concepts:
Balgoths long term goal of learning time magic is probably never going to come true, it’s meant to be a motivator for doing stuff if nothing else.
Balgoth was introduced to the Orcs of the Red Blade through one of its members named Nerh’gash, whom he met one day in Orgrimmar. They found common ground in their past as they both where subjected to experiments conducted by the Shadow Council.
Personality-wise Balgoth doesn’t have the best people skills but because of this he always tries to fit in as best as he can, since he hasn’t experienced much acceptance in his life so far.

Rhonya

Hey again!

Yes, thank you, this tells me a little more of Balgoths past and the choices he made!
Consider this application approved. All that's left now is the IC interview, which is basically just a short IC RP session to get your character to meet the Red Blades and be introduced to them.
Poke any of the names on this list ingame to ask if they have some time to do the interview with you!: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.0

And of course you're always welcome to come by for some RP, even if there isn't any officer or senior member around to do the interview with you. We're currently stationed in Razor Hill.

Hope to see you soon ingame!
~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Azolg

Accepted, dissected and interrogated by none other than MAKAROTH LORD OF CHAOS AND HERALD OF THE BURNING LEGION.