Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 06, 2024, 03:35:20 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 215
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90
90 Guests, 0 Users

Akiruu Slitherblade (Re-invention due to time out!)

Started by Akiruu, June 03, 2014, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiruu

History: Childhood

An Orc born in the internment camps, she has been an orphan since birth. Her mother died giving birth and her father killed for rebelling against the humans a few months before hand. Growing up in the Orphanage in Orgrimmar until she was old enough to fend for herself she has no real home or loyalties other than to the Horde and the Orphanage.

Chapter 1: This is not what I signed up for!

From 15 - 17

On my fifteenth birthday Tosamina came to me, Sitting on the bed beside me she had a small cake on a wooden plate. “Happy birthday” she said, her voice sounded both happy and sad at the same time. “Thanks” I replied, looking at the cake almost knowing what was coming next.

“It’s time Akiruu” Tosamina smiled at me “Time for you to stand up in the Horde, Make your ancestors proud!” She placed the cake on my lap, a comforting smile on her face she stood up and pointed to the door “Now eat up, Time to get out there and make somethin’ of y’self.” I smiled at her and took a bite of the cake while using a spare hand to gather what little belongings I had into my bag and got ready to leave the orphanage and stand up tall and proud in the horde.

Looking around the city there was posters for the Kor’Kron guard on trees and walls all over the city. They was recruiting any and all able bodied orcs still loyal to the Warchief for the war effort. As the Kor’kron recruited, more and more people seemed to leave the city. I was homeless, scavenging to survive until I stole of the wrong orc. He was a recruiter for the Kor’kron and slammed me into the ground.

“Thief!” he scoffed, mocking me with a rude gesture while grasping at his blade. “How dare you steal from the Horde? I should punish you right here and now.” I recoiled trying to get away he swung his blade at me repeatedly, Somehow I managed to evade each swing until he managed to get the blade stuck in a supply crate. “You got some moves girl…” he said, the disgust in his voice was clear. “I got a better idea” he grinned with a rather ominous smile as he grabbed my arm and dragged me up out of the dirt.

Dragging me through the streets, his strength was much greater than my own, he took me to the nearest training post. He threw me into the dirt at the feet of the overseer. “This one is quick and agile, weak… Teach her how to fight and get her a weapon…” He looked down at me, his expression was cold and heartless but full of rage and disgust at the same time. “You will do well to remember… Girl” he scoffed “Hellscream’s eyes are upon you at all times!”
My training began, the overseer was brutal… He was instructed to train me as a scout, a tracker of sorts to be used outside the city gates. For every mistake I made he would strike me with a staff.

“If your enemy caught you, you would be dead… Be thankful I am showing your mercy”

About six months’, several broken ribs and countless bruises the training was complete and they assigned me and another recruit to scout the coast line. As some of the ships came and went I began to hear horrifying stories.

A few months had past, The Kor’kron guard was reinforcing the city and the order was sent for all Kor’Kron to return to the city in preparation for an imminent attack. Over the months I had heard more and more about the “victories” Garrosh had attained in Pandaria and was beginning to realise the Horde I knew was no longer the horde I fought for. I began to try and find ways of getting out of the imminent war looming on our doorstep.

On the next scouting assignment me and my scouting partner was sent to check on the growing number of followers Vol’jin had accrued over the months. As we got nearer to the camp I saw my opportunity, and I took it. I laced his water with a mind numbing poison and as it took effect I struck him on the head with a rock. I ran… Deserting the “Horde” and fled into the night running south for as long as I could.

Chapter 2: Blood, Bruises and Bounty-Hunting!

From 17 - Now

I travelled as far south as I could, using my training I managed to avoid followers, looking back over recent events they just didn’t care but I kept going. I eventually got to Gadgetzan, A goblin that went by the name of “Dr Dealwell” approached me in the tavern.
“You look like you can fight, you win any fights recently?” he grinned, it reminded me of the orc that caught me all those months ago.
“Once or twice” I answered, eyeing up the goblin fight promoter while drinking from my mug.
“I’m, gonna cut to the chase here doll face” the goblin dropped a bag of coins on the table. “I need fighters for the cage!”
“And?” I scoffed putting down the mug
“And…” he spoke with a deflated tone “You look like you can kick some ass! Come on… Don’t make me beg Doll Face”
“How much?” I asked
“10% of the profits each time ya win” he answered quickly, he was obviously desperate.
“10%...” I jeered at him drinking from my mug again.
“Fine… Fine… 12% but that’s my final offer! Got mouths to feed” he said, a smile on his face realising I was about to accept.
“Deal” I said offering to shake his hand. He looked at my hand and laughed taking out a piece of paper and a quill. “Sign on the line” he said still chuckling. I signed my name and crossed out the 10% replacing it with 12. As I did, Dr Dealwell’s smile sunk a bit… “Smarter then you look” he sighed, muttering some words under his breath he rolled up the contract and put it in his satchel. “Let’s go then!”

I started to fight in the arena, was pretty good too. My speed and size was key. So many of the fighters were large, drunk and swinging ferocious punches. Easy to avoid seeing as they was drunk. I built up my reputation and even got a name, “Slitherblade the Snake of Gadgetzan”. Over the months Dr Dealwell and I got to know each other and as he learnt of my training with the Kor’Kron he took me out of the cage every now and then to track down and collect on the bets he was taking on the fights.
I tracked one of Dealwell’s accounts to the speed barge in Thousand Needles. I heard some people talking about Garroshs fall and the liberation of Orgrimmar and decided it was time to return home. I got the money, with gentle persuasion and pick pocketing… Headed back to Gadgetzan and packed up my belongings.

“Slitherblade… Akiruu…” Dealwell exclaimed as I walked away “You can’t leave”
“I’m off home Dealwell” I answered, not turning back “Don’t try and stop me”
“Come on Doll face! You’re the best fighter I got!” he shouted “15%... 20%... Ya killing me here!” he continued to yell as I walked out of Gadgetzan and back towards the speed barge.
Took me a while, But I made it back to Orgrimmar, I went back to the Orphanage with my stories. It was there that I heard about the Red Blades. How they had stood resilient against Garrosh in the rebellion. So I went looking… Found them too…

Chapter 3:  Into the Wild Blue Red Yonder!

Coming soonâ,,¢

<<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>

Hope you enjoy the story, Sorry if its a bit long/boring my short story writing skills leave some what to be desired!

Akiruu!

Edited: Added a second Chapter, Altered format and hopefully improved it all round!  ;D

Rhonya

Very nice story!

Seeing you're already accepted into the guild yesterday, I'd suggest just posting this into the story section, seeing you don't need to apply again. :)

Good to see your enthousiasm though!

~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Kozgugore

Moved to the story section for other people to admire, so I'll leave the thread open for just that! Welcome to the tribe, and well done on an interesting background story that was both fun to read and informative!

(And while we're at it, let's give you access so that you can actually see said forums.)
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade