Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 10:40:07 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Let's Discuss

Started by Lomrak, September 07, 2012, 12:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lomrak

Hello! As I've mentioned both tonight and last night, I have a YouTube channel. I've been meaning to get back into my Let's Plays, but I'm too much of a lazy bastard to spend the time rendering and editing and shite, so I had a new idea. I've decided to gather a group of people together (five or six) and discuss with them an agreed upon topic, record said conversation; and then post it on my channel. Depending on the number of people interested and free-time- etc, I would record two of these a week, though one is fine. I'd like to know who would be interested in doing this, as aside from the TGS thing that someone mentioned earlier I've not seen much of this sort of thing done before.

I would like to make three things clear. Thing one: This is NOT an excuse to get involved so that you can 'bash' something. I will refuse to allow people to join in with the recording sessions and be nothing but negative. You WILL be banned from attending if you're purposefully a bastard.
Thing two: I understand that when you have a group of people discussing a topic where there are many opinions being shared, said people can take offence or become upset with what someone else has said to them. Obviously I would like to avoid this if at all possible, but also please remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions and to not get so butt-hurt because someone questions what you think. (This mainly applies to a particular discussion I intend to record at some point.)
Thing three: The more the merrier! Just because I say that each episode of Let's Discuss features me and five/six people, that does not mean that those people will always be the same. Depending on who's interested, I would set up a rotation system of some sort whereby everyone gets a chance to be in an episode. This also means that people can submit ideas for topics of conversation and if I pick their topic, they will of course be in that episode. If you have alts in other RP guilds, I would be more than happy for you to tell your other guildies about this.

Now all that's out of the way, I'd like to make one final thing known. You will not be able to take part unless you have a microphone, and Teamspeak or Skype or something else of that nature. I plan on having a session tomorrow evening, probably around 18:30pm or 19:00pm. Let me know here or via my skype (Sergeant_White) if you are interested or have further questions. ^_^
A wise orc will not try to spread his wisdom amongst monkeys.

Kozgugore

Sounds like fun. Depending on the subject, I might consider it sometime. Good luck!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Thurgaz

This seems like a brilliant idea frankly, and something I feel deserves all the support we can muster.

Feel free to ask me if I'm interested in such a thing, I have a Skype under the name "krovennan" (thats pretty much my main Internet alias nowadays) and my webcam has a mic built-in, so I can join in on the conversation.

And no, I'm not particularly picky when it comes to subject, there are very few subjects I'll not want to talk on, and thats usually from admitted ignorance on the matter at hand. Otherwise though, I will happily voice my opinions on something. Fair warning though, at no point do I promise my views will be popular or not laced with copious amounts of cynicism (think of me as TB from TGS, except Northern irish and with more hair).

Lomrak

I've been dark a few days concerning this, because of time constraints and other what-the-fuckery. Mondays are days I watch my grandfather, so I will be hoping for a  scheduled recording on Tuesday. Let me know who's interested on attending, and I will try to finally get the bastard ball rolling on this thing.

Thurgaz

As I said, I'm interested in doing this, my skype is in my previous post, just add me and I can join whenever.

Also, any idea on a topic for the recording? I'll discuss just about anything but I will stay away from certain topics for reasons of ignorance on the subject or because I don't want to discuss it for whatever reason. Thankfully, there arent too many subjects I feel uncomfortable in expressing my opinion on (just be prepared, I give no guarantee it'll be the popular opinion).

Lomrak

First topic concerns gaming in general, why we game, what we hope to see in the future of gaming etc. Favorite games and what-have-you.