Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 367
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96
96 Guests, 0 Users

Warcraft: A Silver Thorned Rose

Started by Srakesha, March 31, 2010, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srakesha

Hello everyone! Sra here!

Well, as you all have been noticing, I haven't quite been as active as I promised and would have hoped. This is mainly because:

a. My school project is nearing a close and I have been working day & night to get it optimal for presentation.
b. The above has me very tired, causing me to either read a book or watch tv to unload from a day's work.
and finally (and most importantly) c. I am practicing my writing skills when I do manage to find some hard to find spare time (not to be confused with b).

Recently, I had decided to start on a new fanfic, currently titled "Warcraft: A Silver Thorned Rose", which follows the story of the noble and proud, yet slightly cold female human paladin Ilvyana Vaykirian (my in game paladin), the determined though somewhat arrogant orc rogue Srakesha Bloodshrike (dont have to remind who she is ;) ) and starring my best friend's mage as the charismatic, though cunning and cruel villain Lord Nuzinaz Pyros. Here's a small rundown on the story:

Our villain has found evidence of a powerful jewel (known as a Dragon's Eye) that can grant substantial power to whoever wields it (socketing it) and needs someone to claim it from the frozen north and depths of Azjol-Nerub, where it is rumored to be. most of the people he has in mind are either too weak to fight or too difficult to manipulate thus making it hard for him to find a suitable candidate. His eyes eventually rest on the blue blood paladin knight Ilvyana (with whom he shares a "scratch your back you scratch mine" relationship), who proves difficult to sway as well, but has an addiction to gems and jewels. Knowing full well that the lady has the potency to betray him as well, he plays into her obsession for jewelry and manages to persuade her to go on her way. A good week after she leaves for Northrend, Lord Pyros pays a visit to Booty Bay to hire a cunning and dangerous assassin to take out the paladin and recover the jewel from her person after she is dead, should Ilvyana become a problem.

The mage lord makes it difficult for the paladin to head for the north, as he manages to subtlety sabotage key moments in her journey, whether by alerting alliance forces to a potential "traitor", send a crew of pirates after her or tricking the cult of the damned in northrend that her actual goal is to take on the cult and dismantle it. Knowing that foul play is at work, though uncertain who, Ilvyana is without choice and continues to set sail for Northrend and the jewel, unaware that her footsteps are shadowed by a very eager yet duty bound warrior. Ilvyana's trip is not all bad however, as she learns that love comes from peculiar corners, loyalty is not always bought and that trust is hard earned.

I won't spoil the rest if you're interested :D And maybe if I feel like it, I might post up chapters on these here forums if it's appreciated.

Well that's it for now. Just wanted to let y'all know what's keeping me (or slowing me down at least) and I hope I can interest you guys in reading the novel once it's done. Hey, maybe I'll add the ORB in the novel as well ;P

See ya on the (WoW) flipside!

- Sra

Kozgugore

Sounds quite fancypants to me, I'd say! I assume these are actual, in-game characters? (as in, players) Good luck on your write-up, at least! Though I do wonder, with a novel you mean like big enough to contain it in a book? Or just fanfic that's to be written in chapters on the internets here? In either case, do feel free to post it here, should anything be completed in due time!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Srakesha

Ayep. The main protagonists (Ilvyana & Srakesha) as well as antagonist (Nuzinaz) are in game characters, the former belonging to me and the latter belonging to my best friend. If any members fancy their character in the story, I wouldn't mind at all as I can always find a spot for you.

Well, normally, a fanfic is indeed internet material, however, I am planning on writing a full fledged novel (thinking around... meh 30 chapters total? With at least 7 pages a chapter, exluding the prologue). Publishing will be hard as the material I'm using wasn't mine to begin with, but if people enjoy what I write, then I'll post a notic on the WoW RP forums and who knows? Maybe Blizz will notice :P (big hopes I know, but nice to dream).

When I complete a chapter, I'll be sure to post here, piece by piece until its finally finished!