Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 01:00:58 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133
133 Guests, 0 Users

War begins (15/03)

Started by Norv, March 13, 2009, 03:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Pact of War

In the Thunder Bluff inn, where a blood elf mage, old friend of his, had helped him get in no time that night, Norvis reads again the call and grits his teeth. He adds a title to it: "Pact of War". Then his gaze shifts from the parchment on the table, at the tabard on the back of the chair in front of him, and back again at the title that seems to be attracting his eyes.

"I cannot do this."
"I CAN do this."
"But I should not..."
"Rank will not dictate me what I believe to be my duty. Though... No."
"But Chieftain's orders..."
"Not even Chieftain's orders, if orders they were."

With a sudden decision, Norvis stands up, takes the parchment, and goes to the mailbox to post it for the Tribe. Then he starts his usual late night training in Thunder Bluff, started when Ach ... when was that? He cannot remember, and he doesn't try too long. His mind comes back again stubbornly around the same thing that was making his hand tremble when he wrote the Call to Arms.

"To hide behind a rank, when action is needed. Is that required of me?!"
"But orders should rather be obeyed."
"... My arse!"

(( Or, short version:
   RP WPvP event, Sunday 15th, 20:00.
   with Horde side: ORB, SGE, Mistrunners, Ebon Hold, Frostblood, 60x
   and Alliance side: Kingdom of Arathor, Dwarven Rifle Squad, Disciples of Light.

--- initial gathering in Alterac Mountains, Gallow's corner ))
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

gatsnorg

uhm... if I don't lvl my arse of I won't be able to do anything, just die... but we'll see

Norv

Last night in Hillsbrad, we made it a battle to remember. For those of you who missed it or missed the outcome of it in the heat of the fight, please let me explain.
The united Horde forces have attacked the fortress of Dun Garok, because troll "foreseers", but also reports from Tarren Mill scouts, had indicated that a large Alliance army was slowly being built up there. It has proven true, an already gromdamned growing army was garrisoned in Dun Garok. It took several charges to manage to get them out of the fortress. And with each charge, their numbers remained fewer. When they got out, starting to strike blindly in different directions, we united our forces once more and headed for the village of Southshore, now undefended, as most of its guards had been lured around Dun Garok. As it is easy to imagine, Southshore was quickly all burning.

We did not defeat that army, though. However, weakened as it is now, there is indeed not much to expect from them for a while. If we strike now on the other side of Azeroth, in Darkshore or Teldrassil, the night elves cannot really get much help now from the scattered human army, even assuming they would get along enough to call for them. But that still remains to be seen. Speaking of night elves however, they are getting annoying again. They almost burned down Razor Hill in a quick attack a few days ago, were it not for the Horde who happened to be around at the time. I do not see a good reason for mercy for them.

Aside from general outcome and further plans, the battle in Dun Garok also may have made visible an ... "interesting" detail. A Tarren Mill guard was talking, after a little quantity of Orcish ale, about those, you know, knights of Ebon Hold, who apparently did not come with the rest of Horde forces to raze Southshore. Instead, they remained at Dun Garok, and were seen ... wielding white flags, in an attempt to get to talk with the Alliance in the fortress! I am certain you understand that the talking of a drunk deadie is not exactly a report to lean on. However it sounds like a thing to investigate, for if it is true and those knights betrayed the Horde, then the danger of having them as insiders in the Northrend keeps will need to be taken care of.

(( In other words: thanks to all who came, it was an epic battle! Made some of us remember the good old of wow, those epic fights with lots and lots and some more players marching into yet as many of the opposite faction! We were more than fifty, it was nice, and yet they were more!
    Another one will be coming, probably against night elves, and of course that means another big-scale RP WPvP event.
    For all who want to see also other IC accounts of this campaign, please check: A Pact of War is born. ))
... Oh wait."

Norv

(( And more news! Knobbs filmed the whole event, and made a movie to remember!
    Please check out: The Seige of Dun Garok. Many thanks, Knobbs! ))
... Oh wait."

Greggar

(( the movie was nice :3 although a bit too long of an intro imo. And I kinda expected the music change when the fight started but meh ;D Nice work though. lol'led at the dead flat dwarf and the 'insert codename' with the thieves :P ))
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Claws

Sorry for late post.

Great event a good kick of to WPVP chain of events.
Well organized and a good turnout.
Well done Norvis for getting our side together for this. 
And dare I say it well done Shrogan for all your hard work.

There I done it my street cred is no more I thanked a Troll.  ;)

Thanks to all who turned up, if you did not make it you missed a good event.

((On  a side note the fraps was good although like Greg says bit long may be,
And I do think that you should have mentioned Norvis in your Credits for the Red Blades
he did all the ground work for the Blades))
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

gatsnorg

I had my own close up!!! (UD with purple dreads, 60x apple crumble!)

Osan the Orc

Damn it and i missed it all:(

Typical, I wait and wait for something to come about and it never does and as soon as I have one step out of the door BANG it goes without me ever knowing.

You lot better make this some long campaign so I can still get involved near the end! :P
Me and ma chicken am goin downtown to da drag! We gunna buy mead and corn.

Norv

((
QuoteYou lot better make this some long campaign so I can still get involved near the end! 

The plans we have for it look like it already. At least three other battles, and at least a week (with meetings or the like) between them. But I'll keep it in mind *chuckles* ))
... Oh wait."

Osan the Orc

*Sobs* but whyz three? why nots moar? MORE!! RAWR!!!
Me and ma chicken am goin downtown to da drag! We gunna buy mead and corn.

Norv

(( For Osan: actually there will be more :)
   This is the second battle: Burning down Feathermoon.))
... Oh wait."