Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 103
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50
50 Guests, 0 Users

The Great Spring Hunt

Started by Norv, March 25, 2009, 09:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

(( Copied and pasted from Covenant forums ))

Since time immemorial has the Echeeanshe Tribe celebrated the coming of spring and the rise of An'she, their keeper and protector, with a great ritual of hunting. The white-furred tauren would wash and decorate their An'she Kodos, put on their ritualistic clothes, ask the Earthmother for guildance and protection and head out into the wilds to hunt the beasts.

This ritual is meant to praise the nature, the coming of spring and the great circle of life where the shu'halo are just a creature among many others, chosen by the Earthmother for looking over the nature and the wildlife. All the members of the tribe, as well as best hunters from other friendly tribes were invited for participation.

The hunters would fight the beasts in an honorable fight, one-on-one and using their simplest wooden bows and primitive iron swords. They would then collect trophies from the strongest beasts they have slain, like hooves, furs, horns and tusks, and bring them to the gathering of the Tribe, where the chieftain would count the trophies and look for the best and biggest among them. The hunter with the most trophies would then be declared the Hero of the Great Spring Hunt. He would be honored in the name of An'She and the Earthmother, and would receive gifts and rewards from the tribesmen, uncluding the best goods of nature collected by the tribe. All the hunters who took part in the ritual would also congratulate him and share the trophies they acquired with the Hero.

It has been long since the tradition was forgotten, and the Echeeanshe tribe existed no more, its members spreading over the vast plains of Kalimdor and abandoning their past forever.
Now, within the great Mistrunner Tribe, striving to unite all the shu'halo that seek guidance and a home, the tradition will be reborn. Once again will the hunters roam the wilds, this time in the snowy plains and savage forests of Northrend.
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

Norv

(( Copied and pasted from Covenant forums ))

((All the friends of Mistrunner Tribe and anyone who feels this suits his character IC are invited.

The OOC idea behind this event is hunting selected beasts of Northrend for some of the grey items they drop. The hunter who is the first to bring a certain amount of those "trophies" back to the camp or another starting point will be the winner and will receive the trophies of all other participants (which should sell for a handful of gold) as well as some very nice items usable in-game, and will be praised by everyone.

While this is an attempt to incorporate game mechanics into RP a bit, it is still RP first of all, and so all 80-level participants are encouraged to used their RP gear and simple weapons, not to zerg the animals by grabbing everything around, pull the beasts only one by one and so on. Everyone of level 70+ is invited, and those that are lower than 80 are encouraged to use their PVE gear to balance them out with 80s more or less. Still, participating is always more pleasant then the victory itself!

The event will take part next Sunday at 18:00 (I hope no one minds doing it instead of our meeting), in either Grizzly Hills or Borean Tundra. The specific beasts you have to slay and the number of "trophies" you have to gather will be decided on the spot, based on the number of participants - so that we do not wipe out everything in the zone and still don't have enough "trophies" if we are too many.

And remember, if your RP gear is the same tier 7, please bring something crappy along! Otherwise you will be forced to undress or wear some level 10 leatherworking items I will do for you!))
... Oh wait."

Norv

(( We are invited by the Mistrunner Tribe to The Great Spring Hunt,
      an event hosted by Scyepogg,
      Sunday 29.03 at 18:00, Grizzly Hills (as of late). ))
... Oh wait."

Norv

(( All levels will be welcome, as it's supposed to be a celebration as well as the hunt itself. ))
... Oh wait."

Gruulg

And so another spring has come according to tauren tribe tradition.
The orcs were allowed to join upon this feast of hunting the wilds.
And as the Great Spring Hunt ends the orcs and the taurens celebrate the hunt with a campfire and strange tauren drinks.