Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 05:02:44 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37
37 Guests, 0 Users

The Question Thread

Started by Sadok, May 16, 2015, 03:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugluhk

Elevator. I'm way to unfit and lazy to take the stairs.

What is your favourite piece of furniture?
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Umaua

Furniture? My chair, the one I use on me computer. Its my favorite because it is so important.

If money isn't an issue. What decorative/furniture item would you buy to your house?
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Therak

A really nice and big bookshelf

Paperbacks or hardbacks in your bookshelf?  And why?
Think, assess, act.

Kogra Windwatcher

Hardcover. The problem that I found with softcover books is that they tend to get damaged quicker than the hardcover books. Also from what I've noticed, hardcover books tend to be bigger than softcover books. Whilst people might think they might be too big, I think that it only contains more stuff for myself to read. That being said, I have nothing against softcover books in general, I'm just more a fan of hardcover.

What is your favourite fantasy setting written in a book?
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Okiba

Quote from: Kogra on October 29, 2015, 02:27:50 PM
Hardcover. The problem that I found with softcover books is that they tend to get damaged quicker than the hardcover books. Also from what I've noticed, hardcover books tend to be bigger than softcover books. Whilst people might think they might be too big, I think that it only contains more stuff for myself to read. That being said, I have nothing against softcover books in general, I'm just more a fan of hardcover.

What is your favourite fantasy setting written in a book?

That is a tough one, but I can say with certainty its the world of a Song of Ice and Fire. Mr. Martins work is so vivid and real that you almost forget its about the undead, magic, dragons and such.

When you was... lets say ten, what did you want to be when you grew up? (as in, a job, homeless or drunk are poor answers.)
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Therak

A scuba diver, a soldier or an astronaut.
I'm certified for scuba diving, I'm part time in the army. .. still want to go to space.

Asked before, but if you were to recommend a book.  Which one?
Think, assess, act.

Umaua

Its actually series but Quantum Gravity by Justina Robson, starting with Keeping it Real.

If out to the test to choose. A traincart coming and going to smash 3 persons on the tracks. And you have a choice of pushing a very large person onto the tracks so he would stop the cart and so, save those three persons.

Which one you'd choose? Push one person infront of the cart or let the card kill three other persons? And NO, those are the only two options, no other fancy stuff is possible.

Azolg

Quote from: Umaua on October 29, 2015, 03:17:22 PM
Its actually series but Quantum Gravity by Justina Robson, starting with Keeping it Real.

If out to the test to choose. A traincart coming and going to smash 3 persons on the tracks. And you have a choice of pushing a very large person onto the tracks so he would stop the cart and so, save those three persons.

Which one you'd choose? Push one person infront of the cart or let the card kill three other persons? And NO, those are the only two options, no other fancy stuff is possible.

Push, obviously! Thats basic logic, save two people instead of letting all three die?

Love or lust?

Rhonya

Love.

Straight hair or curls?
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Umaua

Straight, if possible...with a ponytail.

Tall or short?

Therak

I'm pretty happy being tall, I can reach the top shelves.
If you mean my preference in women, I don't really have one.

What's your weirdest experience?
Think, assess, act.

Kogra Windwatcher

Writing this on my phone so spelling mistakes inbound: one time when I was playing Dota whilst being on teamspeak to talk to some friends. After a few hours most of them left and I essentially forgot that I was still on there. Basically what happened, during my game I started to hear strange noises and after time progressed I started to pay more attention to it. When I fully paid attention to it, I heard moaning and groaning and came to the conclusion that there were some people revelling in adult actions. This... Was... Awkward as fuck.

This is why you don't put your microphone on voice activation or open mic.

Now for something more pleasant and less awkward, what was the main source of inspiration for the main character that you have in ORB?
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Therak

Originally Therak was an attempt to prove that chaotic evil didn't necessarily mean mean to everyone. His alignment has shifted a lot though. He also had a lawful good twin who was quite an asshole to complement it.
I didn't have any real inspiration for him other then that. I guess a bit of a spy story attempt with him.

Passing the question along!
Think, assess, act.

Umaua

Having a character that always has a reason to talk to someone. A character I don't need to think some cool way of approaching someone, I just can do it and make an odd comment. I also like to play characters that are cheery.

Passin' it along as well!

"Now for something more pleasant and less awkward, what was the main source of inspiration for the main character that you have in ORB?"

Kozgugore

Originally, I just wanted to make an orc that adhered to the whole stereotypical "tenets of the New Horde"-thing, since I noticed there were a -lot- of Warhammer-inspired and "simpleton" orcs around at the time that I was making Koz up. So I suppose Thrall played a very big role in that regard, since I loved his depiction of a noble savage in WCIII. Other than that, the character Fitzchivalry from Robin Hobbs' the Farseer Trilogy played a decent role in inspiring me in regards to some traits and character history. Add to that a mixture of warrior cultures, native American culture and a few historical figures and you've got yourself a Koz-cocktail.

While the question itself probably deserves a thread of its own, I'll just pass it right along until someone does so!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade