Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 06:29:50 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176
176 Guests, 0 Users

GoT Season 6 Anticipation Station

Started by Sadok, March 09, 2016, 12:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

Premiering April 24th 2016! What are you looking forward to? What do you think will happen?

(Book spoilers, if they still exist, in spoiler tags please. TV show spoilers fine.)

Lars

Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Wornag (Kronnor)

Everyone dies!
Anyway, there are some photos from the set that give us some hints.
Spoiler: The North remembers • show
There's going to be a battle at Winterfell involving Ramsay, Jon Snow and a fking giant. How awesome is that?

Lars

I always try to avoid spoilers. I stop visiting any places where they regularly post them.

Groshnok

I haven't watched since season 2, but I've read all the books. I can honestly say I have no notion of picking up this show, mainly because of the big diversions it takes from the show.

From what I've heard of the show, Daenerys is approaching Westeros now? Book spoilers below.

Spoiler: show
No Jeyne Poole with Ramsay? Aegon not being there at all, along with Lady Stoneheart not being a thing (that for the life of me I have no idea why they didn't bring her in, would've made the fans go crazy). Jaime Lannister is now with Cersei instead of giving up on her in the Riverlands like the book, which seemed to be a good turn for his redemption story. In fact, from what I've heard of Jaime in the show, they've completely fucked up his character. Raping Cersei next to Joffrey's body instead of the sex scene in the books was a completely stupid move. Dany in the books had a fairly boring story for most of ADWD (oh no Khaleesi, something's going wrong, we have to leave), so I give credit to the TV show for moving away from that. I'm going to guess she's going to replace Aegon's story from the books. Still, the ending of ADWD with her being found by Khal Jhaqo seems very intriguing more so than the Westeros Conquest they're doing in the show.

Rhonya

I love the show, even though I read the books. Just gotta see it as two different things! :D It's still really, really enjoyable.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Gashuk

Yeah, you really do. I think the creators of the show and more importantly George R R Martin hated the idea of the readers being ahead of the watchers and able to spoil it, he wanted the show to be it's own entity and that's why it deviates so much. It's not to annoy, it's purposefully done to keep everyone on the edge of their seat.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Groshnok

I understand that, but when you see characters acting completely different it just gets irritating. I think I'd just get annoyed if I watched it.

Rhonya

Thats what I though too, but I actually really enjoy trying to find all the differences haha xD
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Sadok

Poor the Hound. I still miss him and Tywin, those magnificent bastards.

Groshnok

Rhonya

Spoiler: show
Some of the rumours go that the Hound isn't dead though, and was saved by a traveling Maester after Arya left him behind, and that he'll return this season. ;) Seeing the actor who played him was spotted at the set!

Wornag (Kronnor)

Quote from: Groshnok on March 09, 2016, 05:15:04 PM
I understand that, but when you see characters acting completely different it just gets irritating. I think I'd just get annoyed if I watched it.

That's how I felt while watching the Hobbit after reading the books. There's no Legolas or dwarf-elf romance going on in the book. And most of all Azog was already dead when the company of dwarves started their journey towards Erebor. But still, I enjoyed the movie.
It's hard to make a movie that's 100% accurate with the book, especially since in GoT most characters are underaged. :)

Lars

I see it as two different retellings of a single legend/myth. They won't be the same every time. That's how I accept it.

On another level I know why since including the full cast of characters from the books would have been impossible. I get 100% why Jayne Pool wasn't in Season 1 (Or well, she was. Just as unamed Winterfell girl #XX for the party in episode 1). I've heard people complain about the amount of characters as is.
Same as some things are possible in a book that isn't if visual. It's easier to hide a character we know on the page than on the lens since we'll recognize a face super quickly instead of just being suspicious based on descriptions etc.

Then we ad that GRRM started writing it from the basis of "This'll never be able to be made into film". So he wrote it in ways that'd be hard to translate...

There is only one thing I've issues with with production. Changing of some names. Either because characters shared them, or they were to "similar" to other names. Bullshit reasons all of it! (Specifically Robert "Sweet Robin" Arryn being just Robin Arryn, and Asha Greyjoy becoming Yara).
Since who the lemoncake doesn't know people sharing a name? I had 3 Fredrik, 2 Martin, 2 Marcus, 3 Christian, 2 Charlotte, and 2 Louise. In one class. One of the Marcus was also named Lars as a secondary name (my name) and shared my birthday. Whom a third person in our class shared. And that's what I remember, I'm unsure if we had two Daniel or not, we might have had.
It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves with TV. Always with the unique names. While I sort of get it in one way. People are used to dealing with it so you almost always know which one is talked about in context.
Add to that how we've never had as many unique names as we do today, it used to be worse! (Look up how many Danish kings named things other than Fredrick or Christian the last 600 years).

All in all, looking forwards to season 6, as said. Been trying to keep myself spoiler free and avoid "SEEN ON SET!" things. Read all the books, annoyed with some things (Mostly about Jamie and Littlefinger). All in all like it. Want book 6, and thanks to how different things are in the show and the book not all that annoyed with the split.
It's good TV.

Sadok

Quote from: Kronnor on March 10, 2016, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: Groshnok on March 09, 2016, 05:15:04 PM

That's how I felt while watching the Hobbit after reading the books. There's no Legolas or dwarf-elf romance going on in the book. And most of all Azog was already dead when the company of dwarves started their journey towards Erebor. But still, I enjoyed the movie.
It's hard to make a movie that's 100% accurate with the book, especially since in GoT most characters are underaged. :)

In regards to the Hobbit, it's also because it was originally written as a children's book with talking animals, songs and a lot of silliness, before everything became rather more serious and dark when Tolkien decided to write Lord of the Rings. He even had to rewrite the Riddles in the Dark chapter, since it made no sense in the original version -- Gollum voluntarily offering the Ring of Power to Bilbo as part of the riddle-game's wager, for one.

With the benefit of hindsight, three films was too much for the Hobbit and one film would have probably been too short (when you consider stuff like Dol Goldur and the Necromancer, which was a worthwhile addition to the story but only indirectly alluded to in the book).

Two films would have been the sweet spot, but I have no issues with the Hobbit movie-universe itself -- it was as much nostalgia bait for the LotR films as it was a prequel, so giving Legolas, Galadriel and even Frodo little roles was nice, and brought it a little closer to the Middle Earth of the films. And hey, we still had one or two songs and some talking animals, so it's all good.

Not that any of this is relevant to GoT though. <.<