Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 250
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127
127 Guests, 0 Users

Elder Scrolls Online

Started by Ragaresh, January 09, 2013, 11:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragaresh

Your thoughts?

Also hello, haven't seen you guys in awhile. When i read about ESO i thought about you folks immediately, eventhough i haven't seen you in almost a year. I suspect you have a place in my heart when it comes to these sort of things.

What is it for those who dont know: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/11/07/watch-the-introduction-to-the-elder-scrolls-online-video

Kozgugore

Keeping a close eye on it. I shall be there, tapping orc butts!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Grogok

I cant wait. If it just half as good as they make it sound, it will be one of the best mmorpg games

Revax

Perhaps a Orcs of the Red Blade faction will rise somewhere within? :)

Regorn

I can see it in front of me

A large amount of people saying it will be awesome
The developers saying how much they are doing to make the game different from other MMO
Hype is going up, up and up
Fans of the Elder Scrolls series join the hype, some people from different MMO's joins the hype
and then...

....and then we get a 3 faction WoW Clone
....and we find a new head on a stick outside of WoW's MMO Cave (bonus if you know were I am references this from)

I am calling it
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Kozgugore

The way they've been describing it, it hardly comes across as a WoW clone to me. The combat and the quests (two of the most well-known things to be "copied" (even though WoW copied it in turn as well)) are significantly different already, so I wouldn't call anything just yet. I've been careful in keeping a close eye on other MMOs ever since I briefly left for Age of Conan, and I'm starting to feel it's high time for a change after Mists of Dailies-ia has proven a bit of a disappointment gameplay-wise. Only thing keeping me here is the RP for a few years now, which is not how a game should work.

Having said that, the matching system of RP/PvP/PvE seems quite interesting from what I've heard of it. Real curious to that one as well.

Revax

Aye! Really interested in how the mega-server grouping thing will pan out, of course there will always be trolls but imagine playing with people that watns exactly what you want from the game, like RP and such.

Read previews!

http://acolytesguild.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/elder-scrolls-online-preview/

Regorn

it's probably just me not being that very optimistic about new MMO's  ;)
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Revax

Well I feel the same usually, I had my hopes up for WAR, Age of Conan, SWTOR and god knows how many other mmo:s I've left WoW for but always came back to WoW. But eventually, at some point someone has to come a long and make it just right, something that (sorry for the blasphemy) pulls players from WoW and KEEPS THEM OFF IT!

Perhaps ESO will be just that.

Also, read this article. Talks about synergy of mobs and players and it just seems awesome.

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2012/10/22/finesse-synergy-and-you-how-it-all-fits-together-in-elder-scrolls-online-3/

Lars

Nothing will ever "pull" players from WoW. Unless WoW drops in standard. Which it likely won't.

People who want other MMO's are gonna have t accept that +250'000 players is good for an MMO, and that above 1M s crazy. And just be happy if the game is good and suits them, find new people to play with etc.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Revax

It has dropped in standard, people want to leave but only if there is something better out there.

Like Koz said, a lot of us stays only because of the RP and guilds.

Many many many players are fed up with all the dailies, and its too easy to raid with LFR, and the pvp is what it is.

WoW players are greedy, and the greed has made blizzard make everything too easy.

People thought DaoC would last forever, it didnt. People think WoW will last forever, it most certainly wont, its still a game.

Kozgugore

The thing is, ESO won't even have to be humongous in its player base in order to "feel" big. It's all going to be on one server, and if there's too many to fit into one instance of it, the game will automatically select what players get to share in the same instance as you via a certain priority list, like friends, guild and then the kind of playstyle you've select to prefer (like RP). That alone is quite a neat concept in my eyes, not to mention that it seems to be playable as a singleplayer-esque game as well.

The only thing I'd be slightly concerned about is the pay-model. Though I hope they won't make it a monthly fee (or worse, microtransactions), I still fear it'll be present upon launch. So long as it isn't utterly expensive as WoW is, I'd be fine with it I guess.

As for what WoW is nowadays, let's just say I have plenty of points I could personally whine about, if I felt like it. Doesn't feel like the right topic for it though, but needless to say I'm quite excited to try a different scenery as well, even if it's just temporarily.

Grogok

I feel it exactly the same way koz,,,with the Rp is the only thing keeping me playing it. I know that if I didn't have you guys to Rp with...I wouldn't bother paying for this game really.

Vezara

Being an Elder Scrolls fan since Morrowind, I am keeping my eye out for this game myself.

My reasons for wanting to play this: (for those who might care :P)

1. Every class can use all armor and weapon. How cool isn't that? I can play a Battlemage!! Hell yeah! Also, it'd be nice for RP.

2. As Koz mentioned, because of their server system, no matter when you're online there will always be people on to play with! No more "awh, it's in the middle of the night so I can't do a raid" because everyone from (I assume) all over the world will be able to play with each other. It'll also be good for PvP I'm guessing.

3. The combat is more action based, which in my opinion is something I'd like. The WoW stat based dodge/block/parry/hit is getting old.. it's more fun having to aim, dodge and block yourself. :D

4. The Enviroment. Bethesda was always really good at making epic forests, mountains and cities.. as seen in the vids that are out there already there are really delivering on this in this game aswell.

5. It's Elder Scrolls.. I know a fair amount of lore, so I won't have to feel left out (like GW2 >.>) and it'll be easy to get into the RP.

6. NPCs have been made more intelligent. If you're in a dungeon and there's this huge room with lots of mobs spread around.. and you aggro 1, it's not going to be like all those other MMOs where he just runs towards you and attack while the rest of the guys in the room don't notice a thing. He's gonna yell for help, and they're gonna come. They're also programmed into taking orders from cetain npcs.. and this npc can order them around.. he can tell one to stand behind a pillar and heal the melee if needed, or he can tell the archers to shoot at a certain target etc. Also not every mob uses the same attack pattern against you every time.. if you see the vid below there is an example being mentioned there.

7. Three factions! Not sure how this will turn out, but it does -sound- cool at least.

Also, Mr. Jesse Cox tried the alpha a while ago and made a little review about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&feature=g-high-rec
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Revax

Aye Vez, exactly what you said :D

about your second point, north america and europe will still be separate servers unfortunately, but all of europe will share one server!

And Vez, have you heard about Dark age of camelot? One of the first and a very successfull mmo (WoW actually stole a lot from that game) had three factions and it worked out really well!