Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:24:05 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69
69 Guests, 0 Users

Another plan, another fate

Started by Kozgugore, December 10, 2007, 04:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

(( Reposted. ))

â€œLet them cowards be. Drive a political war with each other instead of a good, fair fight against a human,” the orc grumbled, aimed at no one in particular as he sat on his wolf overlooking the tree with the daemon Mannoroth’s armour attached to it, slain by his warchief Hellscream. He followed Hellscream all his life, and is still convinced he should have been the only leader of the Old Horde. Those were better times. No divided orcs and not dependant on the other races but the orcs themselves. The Old Horde was a Horde of unity and combined strength of all clans. An unstoppable force that was bound to conquer every corner of any known world. Not unlike now, when every individual has his own ideas of how to achieve victory.
   He pulled his wolf-mask down a bit to cover his face better. He wasn’t happy the way he ended up. What used to be a simple scout and grunt of the Warsong made his way to an Overlord of a tribe of an old, orcish clan. A proud tribe, that much should be said, but lately cursed with inner conflicts and a lack of real battle. He grumbled as he sunk deep into his thoughts.
   It was a mistake of him to allow any of those orcs to lead their own rabble with their own ideas. Now he had to pay the price. They were all attending their own matters, no doubt unaware of this orc’s intentions.

He slowly strode to the city’s main gates. There he was welcomed by his worg, who was already waiting for him alongside what looked to be a slender orc, though ready to travel to the end of the world, by the looks of it.
   â€œThey have become ah group of lazy tailors who fight with their own shadows instead of the real enemy,” the slender orc said as the wolf-masked orc approached the gates, greeting his worg with a piece of red meat. “I go back to the warm”.
   â€œThey are like elves,” the wolf-masked orc replied. “Too occupied with their own greediness instead of working for the Tribe. Too busy trying to set up their own rabble to overthrow us, no doubt. Fanatics make unreliable friends.”
   The slender orc nodded in agreement. “Let them be. See how they do without anyone to lead them for a week or two.”
   The wolf-masked orc grumbled, but still gave in with a nod. “That is the hard way to let them know this is serious. I do not want to get my head on a pole for burying my axe into some disobedient orc’s skull, so only this remains. Give orcs a free rein or let them become too individual, and they are bound to break up and divide. The storms of fate will decide the outcome. Lead on Claws.”

They both walked out of the gates. Not with their heads down, not with their chest proudly aimed forward neither, but as simple orcs. The kind that knows its purpose and goal. Wherever it may lie in the fresh, unconquered lands of Kalimdor. Whatever they may be searching for, no doubt they might come back unspoiled and with new ideas, or never again.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Kozgugore

After many hours of silent travel Kei turned to Koz.
Removing her wolf helm strapping and letting it fall to her back, she let her long silver white hair flow out behind some thing she had not done in many a year.
“Ya know what Koz I could get use to this traveling with others who have the same purpose, a united Horde once again under new banners”.
Koz stopped his powerful mount and turned slowly to Kei,
“I never thought I would hear ya say that after all your time ya have spent with em, all ya personal sacrifice all ya own goals put to one side for the tribe”.
Kei slowly rained in her mount and jumped to the ground removing her pack from the lean wolf, she fell in to deep thought.
Before she even realized they where sitting in front of a roaring fire pulling of strips of meat.

“Why Kei” Koz said in a low voice not looking at Kei “Why did ya never push for the tribe leadership, you were before me and many others who have taken on the mantle”.
Kei let out a grunt, “Is it not obvious to you Koz even in your time here”.
“Because Koz old friend I know my place in the great circle I do not have ideas above my station unlike others who have come and gone, I would rather work from the inside looking out seeing the enemy come towards me, not waiting for the stab in the back”.
“I say what I think is right and be dammed with those who disagree with it, uniformity that is a luxury that the Overlord does not have and that would not sit well with me, I have enough enemies with in the tribe with out adding to them”.
Koz grunted.
“As Overlord you are the right hand of the Matriarch and you do her bidding, you must be seen as strong never letting your inner self out in case it makes you look weak”.
There was along silence.
“The tribe has never been as weak as it is now and it does not sit well with me Koz, no matter how hard we have tried to unite them, giving them what they asked for, no demanded, there own say in matters of the tribe then they throw it back at us with barb’s”.
”With the opening up of the old lands with new plunder to be found they have become greedy and only think of there self’s the whole idea of the tribe is to rely on your brothers and sisters, to lay down your life for them if need be, as they all have sworn with there own blood it means nothing any more”.
“They say that they are ready to take on the mantle but fall at the first jump like wounded pups blaming all for their short comings, they are not ready and never will be if they do not put there difference behind them, and embrace there brothers and sisters again for all there differences”.
There was a quite silence once again.

“You have an old head on ya shoulders she Orc you speak truth plan and simple a truth that many have forgotten and do not wish to hear”.
The Worg sitting at Koz side let out a long and loud howl which made Kei jump to her feet her hands over her blades.
There was a deep mocking laughter which seemed to make the ground tremble Kei looked down to Koz holding his sides and his helm rattling around on his head like a lose fitting bucket.
She had never heard him laugh and it made her also burst out with laughter a laughter that once again cleared there dark thoughts away.
“Come” said Koz “The moon is once again high in the sky and me pet says it time to hunt”.
“Aye” shouted Kei jumping back on to her mount, “I’m now Kei, Claws is at rest for now”.
“Aye I could get use to this unless them Orc get there minds set, well we will see”.
“Oy slow down lass, what about packing up camp”.
“Bah to the abyss with it let some other souls have use of it come on we are not getting any younger lets live for our selves for a short while”.
“Aye lass lets ride until we are called back to set this once great tribe back on course, let them see for there selves that we need unity again and that what we do now is not a hollow Troll threat to move on with our lives and purpose”.

Kozgugore

Kozgugore snarled his teeth at the wind that was trying to knock him over. Nothing could be seen except for a dense, dark fog and the rain drops, which seemed to hit him like rocks with the hard wind backing them up.
   â€œGrom-damned, Kei! I will admit I love hunting flower-blood with some suitable weather, but this is damned outrageous!”
   â€œStop ya grumblin’ an’ keep up!” the female orc walking in front of him yelled. Or trying to walk anyway. The wind seemed to increase by the minute. Not to mention the fog was getting thicker as well. They must be getting close to the sea. Even though Kozgugore could not hear any sea yet because of the wind thundering in his ears, he could already smell it. To the northwest.
   â€œJust a bit further onwards! More to the right, lass! I bet me boots it is nearby!”
   â€œKeep ya boots, Koz! Too clumsy for orcs like this one!”
   Onwards they kept going, fighting against the wind and the rain slamming them in the face. Kozgugore grumbled again and tightly held his wolf-head as to not send it flying. He peered over his shoulder. Yes, Shrewd is still there. His hackles were wildly flowing along with the wind, making him look more like a prairie dog with the face of an aged, grumpy wyvern than a worg. An amusing sight, if it wasn’t for the wind nearly knocking Kozgugore off his feet. Another agitated grumble.
   As he turned his head again, he noticed he couldn’t see a single thing in front of him anymore except for some snapped trunks in front of his feet.
   He can’t yell out for Claws here. Elves can be everywhere in these parts. He just had to follow his nose.
   Onwards he went, still trying to navigate his way through the fog and the wind and the rain. Only relying on the smell of the nearby sea to guide him.

After what seemed to be at least an hour to the agitated and wet orc, it seemed the ground started moving upward. After a bit more snarling and grumbling at nothing in particular except for trees, branches and a lost squirrel, he found himself on the top of a small ridge. As the fog seemed to slowly fade away as he kept his gaze focused forward, a scene slowly unvealed itself to his eyes.
   â€œBy Grom's axe. Them elves sure feel like dying today.”

Claws

“Well here we are again Koz are we going in?”
Koz let out a low rumbling moan his great wolf mount seemed also to be on edge.
Above the two Orcs stood the massive wood gates which lead back in to there home of Orgrimmar.
“You still of mind to turn away from your adopted home and the tribe then Koz?”
Again a deep rumbling moan came from Koz.
Kei sat in silence for a sort time looking at the gates.

“Has this last week been for nothing do ya not feel any different towards them?”
“They are lazy self centred and un-loyal to the tribe Kei, there only care is of new plunder not the bounds of the old tribe that made us what we are”.
“Aye they are all that and more Koz, but we can not just pack up and go we are to loyal to the tribe and what it stands for”.
“We are the caretakers until such time as the Matriarch returns at least, they would be leader less and would fall easy prey to others that have axes to bury in their backs”.
Kei let out a long sigh.
“Bah it was an easier life just being a Blade, now we are back at the gates it is as if the weight of them gates are back on our shoulders, trying ta keep them lot from cutting each others throats have we done the right think Koz by giving them what they asked for, there own power base to work from, or have we slammed a wedge into the side of the tribe only time will tell”.
“Aye lass time will tell, I bet ya ah weeks worth of grog we have not even been missed”. Koz replied.
“Ya know I have not removed my tabard for many a battle but it does not sit with me to wear it again Koz”, Said Kei with a look of sorrow and dejection on her face.
“Humpf” was the only answer Koz gave.
“I will not put my tabard back on until the return of the Matriarch or I can once again wear it with pride”.
“Umm not sure that would be right Kei it is our badge to be worn at all times”.
“Aye Koz but to wear it at this moment does not stir any thing in my blood”.
Koz turned his head too the ground and his shoulders dropped.
“Aye lass but you are officer and ya must show others the path and what message does it give to go against our own laws I do not want to have to force ya to wear it but the law is the law”.
It was Kei turn to grunt her reply.

There was a loud cough from one of the large city guard which flanked the gates as he stepped forward a mighty war axe easy carried in massive hands.
“Greetings Blades good ta have ya back with us”.
“Oh and why is that”, grumbled Koz “Do I owe ya gold or some fink?”
A wicked grin spread across kei’s face as the guard took a step back from Koz.
“Nah nothing like that, you have been away a while haven’t you”.
“Ya not heard those pink skins and there hell spawned alliance is moving on one of our base camps in the flappy forest and we have been ordered to drive them back”.
Kei turned to Koz and saw once again a burning light returning back to his dark eyes.
A knowing smile spread across Kei’s face.

“Well Koz do we go in and see what awaits us it could be glory or it could be a death worthy of a Red Blade”.
“Do we continue the battles with in the tribe and knock the lazy peons into shape or die trying?”
“Aye lass we do that I got a battle to get sorted” Koz slapped his gloved hand on the side of his battle wolf.
The wolf reared on its hide legs nearly knocking a party of Troll’s over as it pounded forward.
“Oy ye Blades fink ya own the road”.
“Aye,” shouted Kei “and don’t ya forget it”.

“Come on Kei work to be done”.
“Yes Overlord work to be done”.
They both charged into the city gates cheering and shouting like demented blood crazed wolves.
They were back home.
For now.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.