Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:15:59 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207
207 Guests, 0 Users

Land of old, Land of cold.

Started by Kogra Windwatcher, November 27, 2014, 12:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kogra Windwatcher

The dawn of battle
Long had the night been before the assault. Kogra had been twisting and turning, the simple thought of those that were around her dying had prevented her from getting much rest. That and the feeling of hot iron burning into her forehead.

When the morning dawned Kogra had already been awake, herself being seated on one of the nearby hills overlooking the camp and their surroundings. Her own wolf for once not being near, she had not wanted to wake it for she would need her own rest before the charge. The dying breath of a stick of incense lingered in the air as the last puff of smoke came from it. The soothing aroma still surrounding the area.

The Frostwolf had looked at her hand, it was still shaking. The sheer thought of death being so nearby had frightened her even though she didn’t want to show it to the others, she didn’t want to show that she too was afraid. After this day she would not be able to see many of them again, even if they succeeded, there would still be others on Azeroth that she would not be able to return to. Members of the tribe, members of the clan but most of all, her family. The only one that she would still be able to see, if they did succeed, would have been the one she had been around a lot lately; Sinami.

The orc stared at the camp slowly coming back to life, seeing the members of the tribe and their allies turn to their morning rituals and their final preparations before the battle. Some of them had somber faces, others had embraced their fate and greeted the day with a broad grin upon their face. She had wondered… She had wondered what others would have done in her stead, others of her own family. Her eyes closed until they were shut as she thought of this. Her tongue absent-mindly running over her parched and cracked lips to rehydrate them.
What would they have done… The thoughts lingered in her head before she started to visualize. Her father, Khadba, would have gone in order to bring those of his clan honour and glory, showing that the Frostwolf were ready to sacrifice themselves for the greater good. Her younger sisters, Markara and Nikera, the twins, would have not been able to do anything, they were of age just long enough to understand what was good and what was bad. Leilany, Her younger eldest sister would have probably accompanied them to make sure everyone would be alive just long enough for the others to make preparations for their plans. As for her youngest brother, Cark, he would probably not go through the portal but rather stay behind to make sure everything on this side would go correct.

Kogra let out a deep sigh, her ice coloured eyes opening as she looked over the red expanse, looking at heaps of the red sand being swept up by the wind and be carried further down the parched lands. A smile was brought onto her face as she saw a white blur move in the corner of her eyes. Her head adjusted and her gaze shifted to, what she thought would be, Snowstalker. Her head tilted to the side as a white wolf had laid itself down next to her but to her surprise, this wolf was transparent rather than corporeal. She had known this wolf, yes… It seemed familiar. A hand moved over to brush though the white ghostlike fur but all she felt was the absence of the real deal.

It was not long before a gush of wind swept through her own hair, no… This was not a normal wind. when she looked up, she saw a ghostly orcish hand ruffling her head, its motions send her hair moving as if caressed by a breeze. The smile that was already upon her face grew slightly when she had traced the hand back to its owner, A male who’s bare chest had a scar running from one end to the other. Two ruby like eyes stared at her from underneath a wolf mask, thick pitch black braids cascaded from underneath it.
“Have you come to help me get to the ancestors?”, the she-orc had said, her head turning back to the ghostly wolf beside her.
“A mere visit as of now, you seem to have the need of company. Or would you rather have me leave?” The male responded, his mouth forming into a grin as he retracted his hand from the head of Kogra and now folded them in front of him.
She sighed, her hand still running through the thick ghostly fur of the wolf beside her. “Why have you two come here? Why now?”, Kogra had spoken softly as if she didn’t even want the others to hear.

The male had grunted in response, his head tilting to the right causing the thick black braids to dangle in the wind. “Don’t try to act so tough now, there’s no need for it. It is only us here, no one else, sister.” Aghan had said and upon that moment Kogra had stood up to face her taller brother. Her blue gaze contrasting that of his. A trembling hand moving up to try and remove the wolf mask of her brother but once more did she just grasp the thin air. “I’m afraid… I’m what will happen if we do not succeed. I’m afraid of what will come to the family and my friends… I’m afraid of what will happen beyond the portal. Spirits had shown me that we would get through but they had not graced me with the knowledge of what comes after. Aghan… I’m afraid.” Kogra had said, a lump forming in her throat as tears welled up behind her eyes.

“Not all should be known. Knowing is a good thing but it Is boring. Ye can influence that which ye have the knowledge off that will come but ye will no longer have anything surprise ye. As of what will happen with the family, they will stay safe as long as ye succeed with yer mission. I know what ye want to ask and to answer that, I would have done the same what ye did right now. Fear is a natural thing, it shows that ye care which is a good thing. Those who do not fear become reckless and when ye become reckless, ye will stop looking after yerself.” Her brother said, making long steps as he strode to stand next to the wolf, a hand moving out to scratch him behind his ear it, in response, letting out some sounds of satisfaction.

Moments of silence passed, nothing but the sound of wind brushing against the nearby surroundings. The female had moved a hand over to rub the bridge of her nose, her gaze still set upon the ghostly presence of her brother and his wolf. She shook her head with a soft sigh coming from her being. Her gaze had glanced to look at the camp for a moment before looking back at the place where her brother stood only to be met by an empty space.
It would seem the spirits would not be able to aid her any further, not the elemental nor the ancestral.

A cold wet nose she felt prodding against her hand. She looked over and saw that Snowstalker had moved next to her. With a slight scratch behind the ear of her wolf she formed a smile upon her face.

At least not all spirits had refused to give her aid. The spirit of the wild was still with her.
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Kogra Windwatcher

A bloodied banner
Evening had come and the banners had assembled. The nights sky had had swallowed the clear light that once was. Those present only being illuminated by the moon and nearby torches. After the plan had been explained and understood by those participating, it had been Kogra that had gained the honour to bear the banner into battle. A harness strapped over her white furred armour. The banner snapping in the wind as the assault commenced.

It had taken the combined force a few hours before they had weaved themselves through the fray and reached the massive stone slabs that formed the base of the dark portal. A moment of rest was granted to the force and a few last words were spoken before they had yelled their mighty battle cries, once more on the move to face whatever lies beyond the dark portal. Blood pumped through the legs of the she-orc, its rhythm becoming irregular and faster with each step she took upon the large stairs.

She had stood before the portal for a few moments, letting others pass by. Her gaze trailing the gargantuan stone frame of the portal. Never had she liked the portal, the idea of it shutting down behind her and cutting her of from her family had been one of her great fears. Ironically enough, this was exactly what was going to happen this time. Reluctantly she had taken steps forward and moved through the veil that hung in the middle, feeling the cold touch of the void shivering through her body. The fear of it shutting down whilst she was passing through and thus getting her missing in the twisting nether rising. She had not liked this moment at all… But she could not show it, she wouldn’t want the others to lose morale.

The darkness had lifted, the expectation of her meeting the red wastes of the hellfire peninsula proven wrong. Instead she was met with lush green lands reaching as far as the eye could see. Had the portal malfunctioned and brought her somewhere separated from the rest? No, she could see the rest of her comrades charging down the steps. A multi-coloured wave clashing with a cold grey and brown one. Balls of fire flying beside her as catapults had opened fire upon the invaders.

The icy gaze of the young shaman had scoured its surroundings, looking for familiar faces, looking for the chieftain and her sister. She was tasked with staying with the chieftain yet this simple task she had already failed. She had walked into this space recognizing everybody’s face yet there was no one there she knew

Her form brought low in order to avoid one of the flaming balls blowing her head off. It, instead, crashing behind her. Seismic activity vibrating through the stone as it landed right behind her. Her footing lost and body tumbling down the stairs. Sharp pain felt whenever her body made contact with the stone slabs that were the steps.

A groan came forth from her as she pushed herself up. Total chaos had erupted within the fighting. Giant orcs were seen making their way through the banners vanguard. She looked around and caught a glimpse of what she thought was her tribe. She ran over to them but noticed they were on the move themselves making their way towards the docks.
Blood pumped through her veins, she could feel the beating of her heart and the acceleration of breathing as she tried to catch up with the others. She was to slow… She saw the others depart from the shore on one of the battleships. Two orcs whom she knew jumping after it, marking that they would be the last passengers to board it.

Quickly she looked around to find a way out, the wood of the docks beneath her feet. She spotted several brown skinned orcs closing in upon her location and another ship further up that was manned by some grunts from Orgrimmar but that was still I port. It would have been a cakewalk for her to get there if it were not for the group of orcs separating them. 
She knew her only way to safety was to get on that ship and get out of there. With a battle cry that had burned upon her lips for so long she had darted forward. “Lok’tar Ogar. For the blood of the tribe!” the words were lost within the chaos around her but it gave her the feeling she would be able to pull this off. Long strides were made as she closed in upon the group of brown skinned orcs. Her grip tightened around the leather wrappings of her axes upon spotting the first swinging his two handed axe at her. She had been able to sidestep the large weapon, he had been wide open after the swing and kicked him backwards into one of his companions.

A second orc was met as she darted onward, she did not aim to win this fight but merely to escape it. A hammer raised in the air before it was brought down in an arc upon her. She had but barely been able parry the blow and redirect it to make sure it did not hit her. Steel met steel as it had made impact upon her axes.

Only two remained between her and the open field in between the ship and the group. Whilst she was busy with parrying the blow, another orc had stepped forward to bring down his weapon upon her. It would have been a clear hit if it were not for Snowstalker jumping upon their adversary and ripping his throat open, life-force spraying all over the place, painting the wood red. She couldn’t have been happier to have her wolf by her side now.

The last orc that stood in between was equipped with the same set of weapons as she had. She had never liked this setup, fighting a mirror match. It was good for her however that she did not have to fight it but merely escape it. She had brought her own weapons up as she charged the orc. Feinting her attacks. It worked, the other had raised his weapons up in defence whilst she had darted past his side.

A feeling of relief had overcome her as she would be free and not die this day before cold steel had sliced through her side, ripping her flesh open. Her head but briefly looking over her shoulder to see that the orc she had darted past had brought his axes in her side. Her left hand dropped one of her weapons and instead clutched to the freshly created wound. Legs still running as she saw the ship getting closer and closer. Allies had stood there with ranged weapons, firing at the orcs behind her to cover her retreat.

Once she felt the wood beneath her swaying from side to side, she knew she would be safe and fell upon her knees. Taking a quick moment of rest before tending to the wounds.

"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Kogra Windwatcher

A tale of Ice and Water
Four days had passed. The weather had grown colder since they had escaped the jungle. Not ever once had they been threatened by anything more dangerous than a few high waves and the occasional chimera-like creatures flying over. Had circumstances been different, the voyage might have been idyllic, if not for the fact that ships and the shaman did not go hand in hand. All the days had her stomach been twisting, her freshly consumed rations cast back upwards and eventually into the sea. Her gaze was blurred, the world around her turning, her balance had been non-existent on this ship and her ability to hear had lessened to the point where she was not able to converse anymore on a normal level.

The company she had found herself in consisted of horde members, none of which she really knew. Some were of the banners, others were just grunts of Orgrimmar that had found themselves into this mess. She had known none before the ship had departed. She had hoped to have at least someone with her that she had known for a longer while but alas, that was not the case. Perhaps for the better. Now no one would be able to take the pish with her about how great she had been on this ship. If one of her own had seen her like this she would probably never be carrying the banner again. Who would want someone that can’t a little bit seafaring to carry that which symbolises their unity?

Days had been calm and that was probably for the better. In her current state, she would probably not be able to be much of a help anyway. Her world was spinning and she had none of the spirits react to her calling… No. She was alone in this. Except for her wolf, Snowstalker, she had been with her all this time. Only the spirit of the wild had been with her.

Kogra had moved to the side of the ship to empty her stomach contents within the sea for the third time this day. Her gaze looked down as she stared at the drifting vile green and yellowy liquid. Why did she even continue trying? She shook her head and lifted it, her vision shifting upwards to look at the horizon. Her mouth dropped as she perceived something she had hoped to be an illusion. A blockade of armoured ships had lined up in front of theirs. Orders were bellowed behind her be she had not been able to comprehend them. For her it sounded like everything was heard from underwater.

The Gosh’kar had tried to walk over to the others but her body refused, instead of walking her being had collapsed next to the side of the ship. No matter how hard she tried, she could not get herself to stand up or even sit properly. No, her face was destined to be ever connected with the deck. The feeling of prodding against her side had joined, her wolf had tried to help her get up again but even with the joint effort they did not succeed.

A sound broke through her hindered sense of hearing. From the blockade she heard multiple sounds similar to that of raw thunder, they had opened fire. Within moments she saw the, once so stable, army she had been with stumbling all over the deck and falling over the side. Bits of wood sent flying through the air, the floor tearing holes within the ship. Screams of agonizing pain rising, orders barked but lost within the mass screaming.

“Spineless cowards!” was all she could mutter before an explosive force from below deck had ruined the rest of the ship. The last she could feel was the colder air breeze through her hair before she was met with a cold wet bath.

Kogra Windwatcher

The broken one.
Bound.
Bound had my body been when I came back to consciousness. Bound as if something had strapped me together with the floor. My muscles ached to be used. A blinding light shone through the narrow slits of my eyes as I opened them, bright light radiating from the sun I could see through the flaps of the tent. When lifting my right hand to protect my eyes from the sun, I couldn’t help but notice this estranged green hued hand. It was mine, this I knew but it didn’t look familiar.

My hand moved to my head. Once in contact, I could feel tightly wrapped pieces of cloth covering my head and left eye. Perhaps that is why I have problems with my depth of perception. Pain seared through my body, I let out a groan in response. Trying to lift my left arm but it did not respond, when tilting my head and looking down I saw it was cast in a sling across my chest. I used my right hand to push myself up and sit straight up. This did not go without effort. Pain jolting through my body once more but at least I sat now.

My gaze shifted to look down at the crippled form below. There were only a few spots that were not wrapped in the cloth and those spots that weren't had hideous burn marks. A frown had been brought upon my face as I looked around the unfamiliar hut. wooden beams had been placed here and there to give it a form. Hides were draped over the wooden frame to protect those within from the cold that was outside. Similar hides like those that lay scattered on the floor.
Next to me lay a bag made out of white fur. beside that stood a battered harness, from its back a pole was erected and a torn banner cascaded from the top. I couldn’t help but think that these were my own even though none of it seemed to bring forth any memories.

The sound of the flaps of the tent opening had reached my ears. I turned my head and saw that a brown skinned figure had entered. He had furs draping all over him and some white snow had covered parts of him. He had looked at me and nodded somewhat contently.
“You’re finally awake then? Good, I thought you wouldn’t make it. Now I can finally ask the questions that have been burning upon my lips for the last week now.” He had said, stepping closer towards me and eventually seated himself in front of me.
“Tell me, what were you doing with this?” He had reached for a burned white and blue tabard as he spoke. Upon the blue field an embroidery of a white wolfs head was displayed.
I reached out to take it within my hand. It felt soft like wool and somewhat familiar but I couldn’t place the memory of it.
“I.. It is mine.” The words rolled off of my tongue but it felt heavy.
The male had raised his eyebrow in an inquisitive manner. I felt his stare burning upon my skin. After a short pause he grunted and nodded. “Tell me stranger, who are you?” He had asked.
I blinked and opened my mouth to answer immediately: “I, I am…” my mind raced to finish the sentence but no matter how hard I thought about the subject no result would come to mind.

Who am I?