Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:47:47 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103
103 Guests, 0 Users

Death Knight - Yes or no?

Started by Halnok, December 23, 2007, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halnok

Oke I'll cut to the chase.

Do you think implementing the Death Knight for all races or to WoW at all will work or destroy the RP/Lore?

From my point of view (and keeping in mind the basics of the lore i know) if they do it correctly  the Death Knight might become a boost for both the RP and Lore of the Warcraft story.

1) How can they make the Death Knight's break from The Lich King 'realistic' or correct to the lore?

Well I've thought up something like this.

Blizzard could make a faction of Rogue Death Knights in Northrend, available to both Alliance and Horde of course, where one of The Lich Kings previously most powerful Death Knights rule.

How did he end up as a rogue Death Knight?
This Rogue Death Knight hero might've done this. Gotten the news about Kel'thuzads' defeat. A Lich that strong defeated by puny Alliance and Horde scum? This is one of many proofs that the Alliance and Horde (players) are growing stronger.
And then in Outland, Heroes of both Alliance and Horde, vanquishes Magtheridon, Vashj, Prince Kael'thas AND the very powerful Illidan Stormrage, who almost destroyed Icecrown once.
Perhaps he is doubting the power of Ner'zhul and belives that either the Alliance or Horde could defeat The Lich King if they tried.

After this he starts to train his mind, to try and become more resistant to the communication between his mind and Ner'zhuls', but also the brainwashing. A while after he's done this training he start working on a spell to break his will and soul from The Lich Kings' control. Once he succeeds (not saying it would be easy) he tries to recruit some of the lower ranked Death Knights to his cause, as it would not arouse as much suspision as going after a General Death Knight.

2) Why can all of the races become Death Knights?

Well here's my opinion.

There's a huge amount of different individuals in the various Nations (races) and, would it be strange if some had a lust for power with no worries about the cost? And wouldn't the ultimate power be to serve The Lich King Ner'zhul in the form of a Death Knight, the Scourges most effective warriors and commanders?

I really can't see why there wouldn't be a Tauren whom abandons his Naturistic/Totemic culture they have lived in, in search for power. And on second thought the Tauren is a very powerful race, and durable. Why wouldn't The Lich King want to add some pure brute force to his ever expanding army of undead?

3) The player quest to release the Death Knight from Ner'zhuls mental shackles.

Well, the first quests could be some gruesome deeds. And after you do this maybe your hero starts hearing his old personality and moral like a small voice in his head stating this is wrong.

After 1 or 2 quests this 'Hero' of the Rogue Death Knights might contact you somehow, requesting you to bring him some reagents ( or perhaps something that reminds you of who you once were ) so that he can cast the spell to break the bond between you and Ner'zhul.

Once the spell has been cast, it would be fitting you'd have to fight your way out of the place you're in (seeing as it's most likely filled with a small plutoon of Scourge soldiers) and visit this 'Hero' and he sets you off to your old Faction without your old Death Knight gear, as this would be seen as to frightening and not very friendly for the citizens and heroes of Azeroth.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Might add more. Also going to add this as a topic on the WtoLK forums and see the responses i get over there. Perhaps a blue response ^^

Was really fun writing this actually :D

Claws

Ahh sorry lost me. ::)
But good writing.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Moggrash

I understand what you says, but haven't Blizz said something that you will serve under Ner'zhul, somehow.
Anyway, the real question is (if you ask me). Shall we allow Orcish Death Knights in the Tribe?
The Hat-Lord

Gharkfang

From what I understand, all deathknights will be human; at 80 you can do an quest that unlock the death knight thing, then you create an -new- char that is an death thingy so you have ex, in my case your shaman still.
Quote from: Moggrash on December 25, 2007, 06:35:52 PM
Talk to the Hat! The face ain't listening.

Moggrash

That means that we will have a lot of humans running around in Orgrimmar  (or Northerands "Shattra City") :/
The Hat-Lord

Kagmosh

I thought Blizz confirmed really early on that all races would be allowed to be Death Knights. Definitely not human-only at any rate. And I'm all for Death Knights in the Blades. If you squishy-minded Seers and Sythegores don't want 'em, the Darkwolves'd be more than happy to keep them away from you, anyway.  :)

Gharkfang

Kag, my point was that each "death knight" will be human, though to get the class-death knight you can be any race.

Gharkfang

Quote from: Moggrash on December 24, 2007, 02:17:35 AM
That means that we will have a lot of humans running around in Orgrimmar  (or Northerands "Shattra City") :/

Dalaran  ;)

Halnok

From what I've read you might be able to create a Death knight if you have a character of 60+ or something similar. But to continue lvling your Death Knight after the starting area, you have to do a quest line that breaks your bond with Ner'zhul. So yes when you start your Death Knight you will be serving Ner'zhul but afterwards you wont.

Moggrash

So... When you make a DK char, will you start in Valley of Trials at level 1 then?
The Hat-Lord

Muruga

no DK's will start high blizz say's 55+ at moment and you can only create 1 as well.  Also that you can't get a death knight till your character is lvl 80, but then again seing as WotLK, won't be out till next winter at earliest, i see many changes yet

Drevan

I can't wait for World of Death Knights to be released.

/sarcasm - hurry up War.
I respond to Sakareth and Azuril too.

Moggrash

So... I guess that there will be no /LF Tank <Northerend Instance> since it will be atleast 50% DK running around in the lowbie regions.
The Hat-Lord

Kagmosh

Quote from: Azuril on December 24, 2007, 10:56:05 PM
I can't wait for World of Death Knights to be released.

/sarcasm - hurry up War.

Meh, in fairness the same thing was said about the Belves prior to TBC getting released, but they're not exactly swarming everyone to death.

Muruga

Quote from: Kagmosh on December 25, 2007, 02:26:36 AM

Meh, in fairness the same thing was said about the Belves prior to TBC getting released, but they're not exactly swarming everyone to death.

its cos they got such a crap mount, helped alot too.