Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 12:14:58 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 228
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204
204 Guests, 0 Users

Age of Conan

Started by Griesh, June 24, 2008, 02:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griesh

Hi thar,  just wanting to know who all from here are playing this "fabulous" game?

I know Koz, Akesha and Vlog, along with me.
So, anyone else?  ;D

Nergul

''I can smell your fear''

Tirnak Lynxclaw

Vlog Ironblood

Griesh, roll on Aquilonia RP-PvP server.
Roll cimmerian and join me in a MacRovick Clan(http://cruelflash.com/macrovick/)

High Blade

Griesh

I am on Aquilonia and I am a Cimmerian already.
A Bear Shaman named Krut, poor and lonely without a mount.  :(

But I dont have RP background whatsoever. 

Nergul

Still level 13 with ym bear shaman, im sick of tortage!
''I can smell your fear''

Kozgugore

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s148/Lemonpie39/Ramcroy_picture015.png

Last picture I took of my Aquilonian Guardian (54 or whatever). Yes, he's ugly. And yes, he's supposed to be. As I think I said before on the forums though, I rolled on the Aquilonia server first, then switched to Corinthia because, imo, Aquilonia was too filled up with pre-release-made guilds and some OOCers who didn't bother to look at the server type. Corinthia's obviously the underdog though, with a lack of random RP (or RP at all) and in all of the so-called 18+ guilds I've been in, the quality of RP was pretty darn poor (never understood why people feel they nessecarily have to set an age limit).

Anyway, I've cancelled my account for now (think my trial period ends somewhere during these days) because of that and the big, fat nerf my class got. That and not being in the mood to level yet another toon (levelled three chars to 20 already), some annoying bugs, the overhyped (and failed) city sieges along with other promises they failed to deliver so far and the imo crappy state of (melee) PvP made me quit at least for the time being. I might return again later when Funcom actually manages to sort the flaws out, but I'm not keeping my hopes up anyway. For now, I'm just enjoying games I didn't have the chance to play during my time in WoW and the great weather outside.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Griesh

Har..

Enjoy Tortage while you can.  ;D
You'll be running a craploads when you get out of there.

And yeah, the game is buggy as hell, sadly.  :-\
The occasionaly UI vanishing, zones not loading, going through all the houses and structures..

Claws

Quote from: Griesh on June 24, 2008, 08:27:31 PM
Har..

Enjoy Tortage while you can.  ;D
You'll be running a craploads when you get out of there.

And yeah, the game is buggy as hell, sadly.  :-\
The occasionaly UI vanishing, zones not loading, going through all the houses and structures..

Yes the running from zone to zone for quest are long winded.

Bugs :'(
It’s great when falling through the world and landing in a lake looking up at all the rest and you have just used your astral portal, so you log out only to come back to same place.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Vlog Ironblood

These are my feelings from the game so far (i`m lvl 39 now):
I`m Cimmerian so i went to Cimmeria after Tortage(starting area)...well, at the first town I came across > noticed RP in the tavern....to the left were sitting 3 whores(yeah, there is a RP guild like that) and were talking with each other(RP)...to the right a couple was sitting and RP`ed too... I was impressed and it really looked nice...
I play a rogue archetype and some missions were really interesting. (The last one(lvl 36-38), i had to infiltrate deep in to the enemy territory and kill a merchenary(The quest was called "Cimmerian Style" ;D, on my way back i killed a general of the army in the war camp)

I so much like the game and environment in it.
Lots of things which help to RP...i.e.: tons of nice emotes, you can basically lean to the wall and fold your arms, when you dance - there are different combos you can use so you’ll make some tricks in addition to your basic dancing. (Cimmerians are the best dancers imho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CcfH-GhKX4&feature=related

RP going on in the taverns, drunk brawl ("You Stygian dog will not sit together with Cimmerians")...and community is growing, usually have at list 3 different events during the week (server events).

There are lots of different things which make you love this game. Small things here and there which improve the RP(tattoos, all the items you put on could be seen(even chains, bracelets)) and make you feel the in-game atmosphere.  If its in-game night, its much easier to stealth around or even go in to stealth near NPC`s (if you’re running away from someone for example). I went to the blacksmith and saw there was a ladder in the corner, jumped on it and there I am â€" first floor. What waited for me there? Yep, a chest.(Enough climbing skill were required of course and not everyone could find the ladder in that workshop)
The moves of your character are made from the moves in RL, the fight looks like a proper fight since you need to see what combo to do and where to hit. And oh boy â€" these fatalities!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6ef8dTryw&feature=related

P.s You start to get the feeling of the game at lvl ~25-30. Building your own town…damn, we are small guild of only Cimmerians, but all of us wait to get enough members to build one and actually live in it and RP.
Of course there are bugs(the game is very young), but Funcom are constantly adding patches (which downloads really fast, max speed) which add fixes. And I don’t really get upset about them, because I know they would be fixed.

High Blade

Vlog Ironblood

Quote from: Griesh on June 24, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
I am on Aquilonia and I am a Cimmerian already.
A Bear Shaman named Krut, poor and lonely without a mount.  :(

But I dont have RP background whatsoever. 

Join us!!!
High Blade

Griesh

Gal'Bash

/yawn

What a sick game this is...looks wierd just like oblivion or Two Worlds...and the horse...Exscuse meeee...what is this? Also...Roman armor is way too Fail...sorry to say this...but this game just SAVCKZ...

/yawn
Fire mission battery! TRP 005! Pointe fussed! Pointe fussed! Firing for effect! Firing for effect! - over -

Kozgugore

The game has its flaws, but to bash it due to personal flavour? Nah.

I personally love roman armour, and I have to admit that even though I quit, I love the models and textures in the game. It's why I chose a soldier class in the first place. Looks a LOT better than the ridiculous sci-fi stuff WoW's currently got. As for the graphics, I don't see what's wrong with it. It looks pretty darn real, even on the lowest settings (and mind you, my screenshot was taken on pretty much the lowest settings). Guess it's hard for those who got used to WoW's cartoony style to get used to the real thing. I liked the graphics of Oblivion for instance.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Dogar

Hmm, a lot of people don't seem to stick around in AoC very long. Anyway, decided by now, after having read and seen alot about it, not to spend my money on the game, just doesn't seem worth the money. But yesterday I pre-orderd WotLK and I bought the Warhammer pre-order kit, which garantuees a spot in the open BETA. Combine that with Call of Duty 4, and my online gaming is assured for the coming few months at least.
Xaryah Stormward.

Formerly known as Dogar Stormward, Chieftain.

Nahe ~ Coach of Team Tof ~ Blood Bowl (online) <DoW> season 1 ~ Pink yet deadly!