Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 02:29:42 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209
209 Guests, 0 Users

Tomorrow's Burdens

Started by Kozgugore, May 27, 2015, 03:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

'You can't change circumstances, seasons or the wind. But you can change yourself. You can take responsibility. Know that it's you who will get you to the end of your path - no one else. That is the price of freedom.'
- Karrash Waterwatcher, former Warsong shaman after the liberation of Durnholde

Tomorrow's Burdens

It was a lonely night atop the hill of razors; an equally lonely formation of rocks jutting out from the landscape, overlooking the settlement that was its namesake. Down below, orcs had been sharing campfires and drinks all night long. Even as all had gone quiet now, he could still hear their voices of merriment lingering in the drums of his ears. Merriment that failed to pierce his ears any further into his own mind, which was beset with a haze of doubt and pain instead. He hunkered down beside the large worg that lay beside him, who appeared far more bored than any healthy worg should ever aspire to be. In what almost appeared to be a demonstratively lazy roll on to his flank and an exaggerated stretch and yawn, the beast pushed his paws against his orcish companion.

You will have to face them sooner or later.

“Be quiet.”

The words were not spoken, left only for the spirits to hear like whispers in the winds. Instead, they were exchanged between the two. Not through words formed, but by the gazes in their eyes. By the images coursing through their very minds. One mind, tranquil and collected. The other, dark. Clouded. Conflicted.

Stop distressing. You poison today’s ease, reaching for tomorrow. You learned this once. But this ‘king’ foolishness has faded your clarity. You fear for your pups’ judgement. You fear for your pack’s safety. You fear for the chains of the bonds you forge to be broken. You walk forward today. Not tomorrow. Nor can you feed yourself today by thinking of killing rabbits tomorrow.

“Easier so is a life lived absent burdens. For a wolf who does not know the burden of having decisions made for pack and family. You always speak of how simple life should be. Yet it is not. In this life I now live once more, tomorrow owes me the sum of yesterday. My days of carelessly chasing rabbits through the forests are behind me. Once again.”

The orc’s heavy cloak began to be slowly picked up by the wind, the foreboding signs of Durotar’s first razor winds since their fresh return from a tour of duty through the perilous lands of an alien Draenor for so many months. He welcomed the breeze, raising his chin to the eastern winds. Something strangely familiar was coming his way.

If you cannot bear the burden of bonds and family, be a lone wolf and take the stars for your companions. They will not complain at you, nor judge you for the wolf that you are. You should stop pining after she-wolves if you fear more pain. To bond is to know pain. And a life lived without pain sounds far more comfortable to me.

“It is not that simple.”

And why is it not? Do you think that to bond or not to bond is for you alone to decide? So typical it is for you two-legs to think you can influence all that goes around you. Have you ever tried to forbid the wind to stop blowing over your den while you sleep? It is just as futile to fight the winds as it is to fight the storm that is fate.

“Fate can be cruel. Which is why orcs are taught that sometimes, it is better to forge your own path, rather than to wait for the spirits’ favour. And that nothing is impossible when heart and mind are set towards it.”

I hear some call it stubbornness. Have I ever told you what happens to dogs who cannot stop giving chase to their own tails?

“You… talk too much. As always. Why do you not go and find someone to coddle over you? Clearly you have more of an aptitude for it than I.”

You fear of being hurt once again. Yet as you sit here, you are already laden with pain. I tire of feeling it myself, as if they are my own. And I tire this inaction. You fight for your family, or you crawl back into the den your mother once bore you from. The hunt calls me, brother. But before I go, use those clever hands of yours to scratch inside my ears. My claws would only leave lumps, as dull as they are from all this lethargy.

The orc heaved a ragged sigh, scratching his fingers into the worg’s ear who rolled his head to the side with a pleased expression. The beast savoured the moment with a satisfied huff, but as he gave the air a brief whiff, he rolled to his side, and then on to his back. He paddled his paw vaguely at the air, like a little pup begging for satisfaction.

“I am not falling for it.”

I am not asking you…

Behind them, the shrill voice of an excited child arose, swiftly reaching closer with hurried, little footsteps.

“Dada! Shrewdie!”

Kozgugore closed his eyes and gave a deep sigh. Shrewd wagged his tail.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Therak

Think, assess, act.

Srelok

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Sinami

Sinami Swifthowl
- Huntress of the Redblade Clan - Mate of Kozgugore Feraleye - Devotee of Akala and Kavara -

Bamm

Nice story yey for shrewdie!

Okiba

Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."