Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:50:16 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194
194 Guests, 0 Users

Northrend: Call of the North

Started by Morgeth, November 13, 2011, 11:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgeth

Call of the north

"The vast, cold north; lands filled with darkness and disease. There an orc's spirit is easily lost. If you go there, do so boldly, and without hesitation. Its harsh fjords are littered with the frozen corpses of the weak and doubt-ridden."
- Gruktak, kor'kron overseer.

_________
I. The tribe meeting:

At the tribe meeting of the longest night in Feralas (13/11) the chieftain announced that the tribe had been called upon and would move towards Northrend. With such a future ahead of them the tribe was made aware of that preparations would have to be made: furs, food and courage needed to be gathered.

The tribe ended the evening by departing to Shadowprey village, where they'd plan out their strategy towards pushing further north. The village, it seemed, would provide with shelter, warmth and perhaps even some fishing for the time being.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "Northrend. All that place spells for me is cold and death, but Kozgugore's wisdom is greater than mine, and I trust him. We'll all die on the boat to that miserable place, but at least we'll do it together".

_________
II. Moving back to Durotar:

From Shadowprey Village the tribe left with more supplies than they had first arrived with. Having attended a local fishing contest, several orcs of the tribe had not only aquired prizes, but also a vast amount of fish. The fish was added to the supplies deemed necessary for the tribe's coming venture into Northrend. Together they made their way back to Durotar, where the chieftain assured them that the sight of their known, dried out homelands would make for a nice memory to hold onto before they'd enter the harsh north.

There was also talk about snow and cold, and needing to prepare for the journey. Looming ahead of the orcs was a war training, that the chieftain supposedly planned to take part in Winterspring, known to be one of the coldest areas within Kalimdor.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "Everything smells of bloody fish. My clothes, my wolf, my mate. It's a bit sickly. But then again, even their slimy meat make for some kind of feeling of fullness. I just hope it'll be enough. The news that not only Talonslayer and Highblade Sharpeye are with child, but Frostwalker as well, worry me. How will they fare in Northrend? I have faith in the strength of my fellow orcs, but we better make sure they have a nice layer of fat on them before we shove them into those cursed lands".

_________
III. War training in Winterspring:

The tribe headed into Winterspring, where the chieftain tasked them to split into two groups and endure gruesome trials within the unforgiving climate of one of the coldest places in Azeroth. Braving snow, bears and other beasts the tribesorcs were tested and got a taste of what was to come, as the coming travels to Northrend drew ever closer.

Once the trials were over the chieftain announced that the tribe would remain in Winterspring for some tribe. This to try and see how well the orcs would cope with the harsh climate, as well as giving them a somewhat secluded spot to plot their plans further.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "I'm cold. So very cold. Winterspring is all slopes and cliffs, and angry beasts. I remember coming here a long time ago, with Crude. He loved it here. Then again, he was always a bit of an idiot. We suffered through Kozgugore's trials today. Cruel orc, but I suppose he is so with necessity in mind. My group had Sadok and Orok in me. Both orcs surprised me with how well tehy worked together. Despite our differences in other contexts, I can count on them when it really matters. A reassuring thought.

When we came up against some kind of elementals, however, I could not stop myself. Despite all the promises I made about the fel, I used it. Several times. Got a bit of a nosebleed from it, but I do not think I raised any eyebrows to such a degree that they will tell Kozgugore about it. Might as well keep quiet about it. It was a one time thing, and if I don't do it again for a while, then hopefully the temptation will wear off. He has to understand that he can't throw me into situations where I have to protect myself and other orcs and expect that I won't do.. those things.

It's too much a natural part of me, woven into my spirit. No matter how furiously I deny it, the fel is in my blood.".

_________
IV. Journey back to Bilgewater:

After enduring the cold of Winterspring, the tribe had prepared itself as much as it could for the unforgiving could that awaited them in Northrend. They made ready to venture back to milder climates, in order to prepare for the inevitable journey north. Their destination: Bilgewater Harbour, Azshara.

Once there, they were greeted by a representative of goblin merchant, "Truthteller". Though she, as promised, had a ship ready and lying in the docks to be used at the tribe's leisure, it was heavily neglected and in dire need of repair. Haggling with the chieftain, eventually lowering the price, the orcs agreed to harvest any necessary materials to finish the remaining repairs during their stay in the Bilgewater Harbour.

_________

An excerpt from Kozgugore's notes: "Some of the orcs be getting edgy. I recognize the look in their eyes, the impatient demeanour. It feels as if we go to war, but all we do here is sit and wait until we can depart for some simple expedition, unfit for a tribe such as this. Perhaps we are all expecting some kind of trouble in the northern lands still. Whatever it may be, it can't be any worse than these goblins we have to put up with now. I have to remind the orcs not to sign any papers whatsoever. You never know when goblins come back to bite you in the arse with that. Perhaps it is a good thing not all of them actually know how to write.".

_________
V. Clearing  a path:

Since the contracted ship had proved faulty and in dire need of repairs, the orcs amassed under the leadership of chieftain Kozgugore, who had agreed to help the goblins to gather the materials necessary to complete any repairs on the ship. A group of orcs was sent out to deal with the naga on the nearby beach. After having located the apparent leader of the naga, the orcs desposed of the scaly creature, only to uncover several tablets with written texts of the highborn. Several were brought back with the orcs, who were then called upon to approach a furbolg encampment in an attempt to free up some lumber in use for the ship.
The furbolg proved hostile, and the tribe answered in turn, cutting its way into their den where they wreaked havoc and left their mark in blood. Amongst the furbolg the orcs also spotted several kaldorei, who were equally eager to attack, and equally fast to fall. Returning to their chieftain, the red blade orcs had made significant progress towards repairing the ship intended to bring them to Northrend.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "The boat is supposedly going to be repaired now, and we’ll soon be on our way. To say that I’m excited would be to lie, but all in all, there are bright sides to these times. Devilstep has returned to the tribe, and this in itself is a good thing. Another is that he brought items with him, supposedly retrieved from a warlock facility in Shadowmoon. I confess myself intrigued and since they were left in my care, I have taken the liberty to study the grimoires. The writing is horrible, obviously in some kind of advanced demonic that I have very limited knowledge in. But there might be ways to amend that. The curse that afflicted both Sadok and Grek’thar was channeled into an item, left to me by my sister. She trusted me to care for it with caution, but what if I used it to aid the tribe and further our knowledge of the enemy and the texts they use? Surely there can’t be a fault to that.. ".
_________
VI. The Blessing Hunt:

Under the spiritual leadership of Highblade Thur'ruk Mazguul Sharpeye the Red blade tribe participated in a ritual to grant them the favour of the spirits for their travels. The ritual itself called for a hunt, and divided into two groups, the tribe hunted down a seal and a hippogryph for Sharpeye to read the entrails from.

The entrails spoke of travels to come, and whilst Sharpeye did not delve into detail, she made the eerie statement that a head would be cut off. Exactly what that meant, no orc could say.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "I will never understand the spirits, or the shamans. Reading entrails of sea creatures. I trust in the visions of my sister, because she has aided me in the past, but I can not help but feel like most of this life is up to ourselves. When it comes down to it, all orcs are alone, unless they make the choice to bind themselves to each other. I have my tribe.".
_________
VII. Departure:

Having given the goblins a chance to mend the boat, the Red blade tribe finally set out to their journey towards Northrend. Spirits remaind relatively high, despite the hardships that would surely come. To pass the time on their long and somewhat tedious travels, Gosh'kar Sadok Sharptongue held a moot in regards to wheather warlocks should be excluded from higher power and not. The discussion proved an engaging one, and the tribe as a whole seemed pleased with a chance for something else to do than watch the idle waves go by.

The water was starting to grow colder, however, making it obvious what kind of place they would arrive at when next they saw land.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "I have bid my children farewell, and we are now on our way. I have not been able to translate any further from Krogon's texts. Too many orcs around. Instead I spend my time watching my dinner float away in the sea as it spews back from the depths of my stomach. I hate ships. I am not sure if Kozgugore pities me, or if he misses our children. Either way I do not mind, when he wraps his arms around me at night it is a comfort greater than any other.

I worry, though. What if Sharptongue's moot has made the orcs doubt my position, my rightful place among them. As long as Kozgugore is not in doubt, I can remain relatively safe. Should that change I will take action. I am just not sure what action."

_________
VIII. The crash:

As the cold of Northrend began to seep into water and wind, the tribe made good progress in their journey, but once they reached the treacherous outskirts of the frozen lands, a strange mist enveloped them. The mist itself was so thick that one could hardly breathe in it, and moreover it seems to have disturbed the spiritual connection between the members of the tribe, rendering it useless.

If it was the mist, or something else, that led to the ship crashing, one can not safely say. But the ship did crash, and the orcs plummeted into the icy embrace of Northrend's chilling waters. There they lost most of their supplies, and a lot of their personal affects. Furthermore the entire senior group of orcs, ranging from the chieftain to his High blades and his Varog'Gor, disappeared in the crash. Some believe them to be lost forever, whilst others cling to the hope that they are alive somewhere.

The survivors of the tribe made their way to a nearby cave, where they began warming themselves and trying to look for ways to orientate and perhaps move towards a Horde base. The looming thread of nearby alliance made some wish for a more hasty retreat, but hypthermia and shark attacks provided enough distraction for the tribe to remain inside the cave for the time being. In order to survive, however, they would most likely have to retrieve more supplies and move away from the vulnerable position of the cave.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "[blank]"
_________
IX. Getting out alive:

Leadership amongst the orcs got divided between Sadok and Karak. As Karak set out to investigate the position it fell upon Gosh'kar Sadok gather the orcs and lead them out of the cave that would undoubtedly be the place for their demise, should they decide to linger for too long. The ice cold water proved a challenge to most orcs, but eventually all made it out. Even the somewhat mentally unstable Ragaresh was dragged along, and when the tribe reached land they set out to scout the nearby area.

They were met with the sights of shoveltusk, vrykul and a few giants. Amongst these they were also able to locate a small forsaken camp, which refused them any take of supplies, but pointed them in the direction of Vengeance landing. The tribe gathered up, and set out to seek shelter in the main forsaken base. Sighs of relief were heard when they could finally consider themselves to be under the safety of a Horde banner, but many grew uneasy in the company of these forsaken individuals. For now, at least, they would be able to gather their strength.

_________

_________
X. Cutting a deal:

Asking the forsaken for aid proved just as difficult as before, but insteda of denying them any help what so ever, the forsaken saw fit to instead enlist the orcs to perform a number of tasks. One would be to attack the nearby alliance settlement which had vexed the forsaken stronghold for a longer period of time. Along with this the tribe was also tasked with retrieving the heads of a few of the leaders within the camp. Bravely they set forth to venture into hostile territory, seeking the means to liberate themselves from the somewhat awkward position the crash had led them into.

The orcs managed to perform their tasks well, and even found a captive apothecary within the alliance encampment. Bringing him back to his commander, they now requested that the forsaken share with them any information of supplies that he could. As such the tribe learned that the forsaken themselves had picked up a few pieces of gear, amongst which one could recognise a dagger belonging to Kozgugore Feraleye, the tribe's chieftain, who had gone missing in the crash. They were also told that more orc-like equipment had been washed ashore further north within Howling fjord, and as such - some orcs argued - that could be where their lost orcs could be found as well. With this new found hope, as well as a lingering disgust for the forsaken, the tribe set out to venture forth and found some rest within the wilderness. On their way, a few set out towards a nearby camp, which they initially believed to be of other orcs, but that instead turned out to be the temporary home of a pair of vrykul, that held not only a strange looking scroll, but also several pieces of the orcs' gear. Thus some members of the tribe managed to retrieve pieces of their beloved armour, and could once more feel like wolves, instead of naked dogs, as they made their way over the harsh fjords of Northrend.

_________

_________
XI. A head found:

The tribe set out to, under the leadership of Nag'Ogar Karak Dirgesong, reach the small taunka camp known as Winterhoof. There they established contact with the locals and learned of difficulties with some nearby dwarves. After having sabotaged a nearby dwarven digsite, the orcs reunited with a set goal: one of locating their missing orcs. They had already, upon arrival in Winterhoof, been greeted by Orok Felbane, who had been missing since the crash.

This inspired new hope within the orcs, and they divided into groups, before setting out to search for their missing Chieftain, Highblades and Varog'Gor. It was Yondurosh who finally found the missing orcs, who had been keeping themselves hauled up within a cave in an attempt to escape Northrend's cold. Highblade Thur'ruk Mazguul Sharpeye had suffered a grievous injury to her leg, which made all orcs eager to return to Winterhoof. There they shared in a campfire and despite leadership being restored to the chieftain, the tribe could only compliment on the excellent efforts of both Sadok Sharptongue and Karak Dirgesong, who had proved invalueable in providing safety for the tribe in absence of its true leadership.

There was still, however, the issue about mising gear.. and vrykul..

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "Never travel by boat again. Ever."
_________
XII. A first assault

Having gathered the entire tribe, the orcs regained some of their strength through the means of meat and drink, but soon enough set out to attack the nearby vrykul settlement of Skorn. There they found some of their stolen gear - most likely salvaged by the vrykul from the wreckage of their ship - which gave the orcs reason to feel better prepared for the north.

Come nightfall after the attack, however, something happened. Gosh'kar Sadok Sharptongue was taken, kidnapped by vrykul that were most likeli out to claim some kind of revenge, or simply knowledge about the orcs.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "The vrykul took Sadok. I've had Groshnakk scout for tracks. We think they may have taken him to the keep. We'll kill them all."
_________
XIII. Destroying the keep:

Not wanting to leave anyone behind, the chieftain ordered the tribe to set up a search after Gosh'kar Sadok. Having determined that he had to be either in the keep or one of the nearby villages crossing over to it, the orcs gathered all of their equipment and strength to set out and mount an assault upon the vrykul. Having used some cloak and dagger technique to get themselves closer to the keep, the orcs split into two groups that ventured into the keep to find their missing kin.

Alas neither group found Sadok, but they were able to retrieve information that lead them deep into the keep's own catacombs, where the gosh'kar was finally found. Having endured the vrykul's torture, Sadok seemed relieved to find that his tribe would not forsake him. Before leaving the keep and their horrid catacombs to their fate, the orcs managed to retrieve an artifact from one of its bottom rooms as well.

In the end they returned to camp Winterhoof, content with the outcome of the day.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "We located and found Sadok. I'm relieved that it all went according to plan. I am not doing as well. This sporadic spellcasting is eating away at me, and it's becoming increasingly hard to resist the simple resorting to the fel. I sometimes wonder why I even try to resist. The temptation will never leave me, and I even doubt the shamans of the tribe would raise their voices against me. If they would, I'd deal with it accordingly."
_________
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Morgeth

_________
XIV. Restoring Balance:

Having found their missing orcs and also their own strength, the orcs were finally led by Highblade Mazguul Sharpeye to the top of a mountain in a mission to once again awaken the spiritual bond tying them together. On their way up the slopes, the orcs were told to retrieve the heart of one of the nearby yeti.

Once the heart and the orcs had found their way up to the hill, they were presented with an altar, upon which the heart was placed. There a ritual commenced in which the orcs reaffirmed their bonds to the tribe and to each other. Invigorated by the blood oaths shared between all present, the spirits once again granted the orcs ability to communicate over vast distances.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "I hear voices again. Grom's arse, I think I can hear Gruulg farting in his sleep. Thank you, spirits. Really."
_________
XV. From Winterhoof to Oneqwah:

The time to leave Winterhoof behind had come, and the chieftain ordered the tribe together to move out towards Grizzly hills. As a final favor to the taunka, the orcs promised to escort one of its caravans over to camp Oneqwah. Upon reaching Oneqwah the orcs formed a small scouting group. That group, and individual orcs who took it upon themsleves to adventure, discovered a nearby wolf den, as well as the oddity of humans wearing wolf masks. An alliance presence was also noted. All in all, it seemed like the orcs had ventured from one danger straight into another.

_________

Added into Morgeth's personal diary: "Bah. Fell behind when we were traveling, so had to go with a later caravan. Am at least using it to squeeze every last bit of sympathy from Kozgugore."

XVI. To be added

Gruulg

Morgeth

This is a topic that's made for the Northrend event that'll be a long, story-line driven number of events that'll hopefully expand over a certain time. It'll be updated with the happenings of the tribe and I've added some small, personal reflections upon Morgeth's part. I'll bump it every time it's updated, so nobody misses anything. Feel free to let me know or add yourself your own persona IC reflections, or OOC for that matter. I hope everyone will have fun with this.

Ragaresh

((Glorious stuff, can we add our own point's of view ?

Edit: read your second post after posting... duh! ))

Morgeth

Updated again, and it looks like I'm writing more and more into Morgeth's diary.

And aye, everyone's free to either want their own input added into the first post, or just post it in the thread itself. :)

Mozrogg

I feel left out of RP due to work hours :( waah

Mazguul

A neatly written letter.....

Bloodmark,

I wonder if any of my letters ever reach you, but still I write in the hope that they do.

Winterspring is not as I remember it. I recall nights of running through the snow with Bryaugh when he was still young: the air crisp, the ice glittering in the moonlight, the feeling that the wild would shelter me in the blizzards. He was so white I'd loose him in the snow! Now all I feel is the ever creeping feeling that life is hanging on the edge. The air is thin, I find it too cold to breath in the darkest hours, even the campfires in Everlook bring me no comfort. Hunting brings no joy - I wonder if it is because I still miss my beloved wolf or if there is more to it. It is almost as though his spirit walks with me no longer. I have not heard from Ravage for weeks. Is it yet another sign? I hope not.

We head soon for Northrend and I long to hear news of you before I leave. Time is running out, I fear the Frozen Wastes will be my tomb. Will you ever meet your sons I wonder. Even the entrails I read speak of some tragic event. I wish I had the sight to see more but the spirits grant me no visions, the elements do not answer my questions. I should not be so self centered as to assume the omens are about me, though I can't shake the feeling that I should listen to instinct.

The Tribe seems to be well, despite us still lacking a Rrosh'tul. I trust the Chieftain, the Tribe, with the life of your pups but Kozgugore must be tired. If I could take the weight from his shoulders do you think he would be a taller orc? Northrend will be a test for all I think, many in the Tribe have horrific memories of the place. I pray this time around none have to endure more hardships. I will try to keep Tribe spirits high, tempers in check: their needs outweigh my own. Do you think we shall see those lights in the sky again? Such a perfectly beautiful thing in the skies there even if  they do haunt my dreams.

Roankth and Morgeth did not want me to go, but I cannot bring them with me. They are struggling with the idea that the pups in mum's tummy can go to see snow but they can't. It broke my heart to leave them at the orphanage again - they still ask for you. They long to return home, for things to be as they were, but good things do not happen to us it seems. A family together but forever apart. They called me 'fat' you know, so I told them it was your fault and they have asked you to feed me less.

But enough of my doom-saying, what news of you? Are you well? How are your companions? Will you ever return to us or will the Firelands keep hold of your for eternity? Please tell me you are alive at least.

The Tribe shall be home soon, I am sure of it and I will write you when we get to Northrend.

With all my love

Sharpeye
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Mazguul

Another neatly written note....

Bloodmark,

I know I said I would write to you once we reach Northrend but it seems we must spend time in Bligewater harbour. I've already had some things stolen from my bags. Perhaps I should resort to burying my bags instead? It works for worgs and bones! Until they forget where their bones were buried. A treasure map would be needed, and even then I'm sure that would be stolen from me. All pointless.

A New Blood told me I should not be doing heavy lifting in 'my condition'. How dare he treat me like a cripple just because I'm a little tubby! Damned orcs, trying to tell me what to do. Well I'll show him! I shall do twice as much as he and cripple myself that way so at least I have a reason to be 'mothered' a little. That he is right doesn't matter, it is the principle of the thing. Sometimes I wonder if I should ask the Chieftain if it is seemly for a High Blade to break orc's noses when it suits me: I think he would disagree, so I shall see about talking my sister into it. Two against one is perfectly fair I think.

Did you know I have not seen my sister use the fel for what seems like an age? Do you think she has truly stopped using it? I hope for her sake she has. I could not bare to see her deteriorate or loose her mind. Who else would keep me sane?! Not the others orcs it would seem. Honestly, some of them have the most interesting ideas. One even though the spirits to be benevolent. Well some are, but the elements are not. Fire demands 'payment'. I have never seen an orc react so badly to the idea that nothing in life is free - something I hope my beloved sister remembers. You really need to stop disliking her you know, she's a good orc. As for the other orc, I feel for him, I really do. If I could take all the pain from his heart I would, as foolish as it sounds.

Nightmares still haunt me, a looming threat but I cannot figure out what it is. Perhaps it is simply guilt from leaving my orclings behind? Or maybe Ravage is trying to tell me something: I still have not seen her, but then she hates goblins and their machines. I hope she comes to Northrend, without your strength I am lost without her.

Still I wait longingly for news of you. Are they feeding you properly? Is it hunger that keeps you from replying? I'm sure if you asked me I could send something to you for you and your companions. Please, I hope you are safe.... and that you know I carry your pups, I still do not know if you even know of their existence.

Forever yours,

Sharpeye
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Gruulg

Kozgugore

IV. Journey back to Bilgewater:

After enduring the cold of Winterspring, the tribe had prepared itself as much as it could for the unforgiving could that awaited them in Northrend. They made ready to venture back to milder climates, in order to prepare for the inevitable journey north. Their destination: Bilgewater Harbour, Azshara.

Once there, they were greeted by a representative of goblin merchant, "Truthteller". Though she, as promised, had a ship ready and lying in the docks to be used at the tribe's leisure, it was heavily neglected and in dire need of repair. Haggling with the chieftain, eventually lowering the price, the orcs agreed to harvest any necessary materials to finish the remaining repairs during their stay in the Bilgewater Harbour.

_________

An excerpt from Kozgugore's notes: "Some of the orcs be getting edgy. I recognize the look in their eyes, the impatient demeanour. It feels as if we go to war, but all we do here is sit and wait until we can depart for some simple expedition, unfit for a tribe such as this. Perhaps we are all expecting some kind of trouble in the northern lands still. Whatever it may be, it can't be any worse than these goblins we have to put up with now. I have to remind the orcs not to sign any papers whatsoever. You never know when goblins come back to bite you in the arse with that. Perhaps it is a good thing not all of them actually know how to write.".
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Grekthar

A page from Grek'thar's journal.
"Grom damn it....just a little longer..I can hold out a little longer. Already I can start to feel the Spirits of the Dead starting to batter against my mind....wanting in...there's not too many of them right now that I can't handle it...
But if we don't get this rusted down tub up to Northrend soon, I think I'm going to go stark raving mad as more and more Spirits press down on my mind.... Grraargh. Why did the zeppelins all have to be taken by Hellscream for his blasted war with the Alliance? Spirits....just hold on a little longer... I just hope that whatever trouble awaits us in Northrend, that it's something that can be easily dealt with...
"

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Mazguul

A hastily scribbled letter....

Bloodmark,

It's gone! My sire's blade, all I have left of my past aside from memories, is now missing along with a few other trinkets you have given me. Those horrible goblins took it, I'm sure of it! It is strange, it sat so well in my hands and yet I am such a novice at wielding it. That I won't be able to use it properly is worse than having to miss breakfast. I shall have Devilstep return it to a usable condition so that I might learn when I get it back. I won't leave here until I have it, it must be somewhere! He is back you know, Devilstep, he's been hunting demons. Once day I fear he will take on a battle he cannot handle. He expects too much from himself I think.

Sometimes I wonder if I expect too much from the orcs aspiring to be Thur'ruk. Do you believe it is because I consider myself unworthy for the task still? No matter, the Tribe needs Thur'ruk now more than ever, I cannot continue alone. But how does one test a Mage? To test a shaman one must challenge their spirituality, to test a mage must I challenge their beliefs? I will consult Kozgugore and Morgeth - I value their opinions.

Opinions. Such funny things. Black and white thinking is all very well but few understand the beauty of grey. It is there we differ the most I think... but it is also a reason why I love you. A safe island in a chaotic storm.

I received word from the Orphanage. Morgeth and Roankth are slowly settling in though the Matron seems to think Morgeth has been stealing from the stores. I hope it is not to feed her brother - he's a growing boy I know but still she should respect the rules, or at least have the sense to cover her tracks properly! I think she'll listen better to you on the matter. When we return home would you speak to her for me?

A few close companions have been trying to convince me you will not return. I cannot believe that. They do not know you, they were not there when you were with the Tribe more frequently. They are wafting other 'candidates' under my nose - nice ones too! You'll come back. All will be well again. You'll prove to them that you are not one to abandon me. I know you never would. I hope.

Surely you cannot be in the Firelands still. I wonder where you are. That you still have not replied probably means you cannot for revealing yourself might bring disaster. Is there no way you could just send a little sign?

We set sail to Northrend very soon, too soon. Fortunately it is not yourself and Krogon steering the ship so I do not need to fear for us crashing and sinking. But I do fear our destination. The forsaken are as cold as the Frozen North itself.... or I assume that is whom we shall be staying with. Perhaps Kozgugore will be kind and let us go to Warsong Hold instead. At least it smells nice and it's WARM!

Be strong, my love

Sharpeye

P.S. Is Ravage with you?

Morgeth

Very happy to see so many posts here! I updated the main one with the progress from last nights event :)

(Love those letters, Maz <3)

Mozrogg

A roughly scribbled letter

"Bah, it appears i am not as formidable as i once was, these months standing around idle have led to me growing soft, but no longer. I shall step up my training and be a force to be reckoned with once again. Challenging a Blademaster and being sent back with my tail between my legs like some pathetic whelp... Things will change soon enough, the fire in my blood bubbles once again, i can feel it."