Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:19:25 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 228
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 205
Total: 205
205 Guests, 0 Users

A New Dawn: Discussion

Started by Sadok, May 11, 2015, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

Quote from: Gashuk on June 09, 2015, 02:59:31 PM
QuoteI don't personally feel like Zhakiri was ever made to feel unwelcome from an OOC standpoint, and from an IC standpoint, while my character specifically dislikes trolls (this goes back years), I can still recall him at our campfires in Frostfire and Nagrand.

Zhakiri was around as much as I could make him, it fitted his character concept to be a bit of an outcast and a wanderer which meant I could feasibly roleplay an evening with the Tribe rather than the Skulls but this came at a huge expense and affected my relationships in both groups. Whether it was seen or not, felt or not, I know that it was difficult maintaining any significant relationship with the Tribe when I was not actively a part of it; and was part of my decision to make a re-draft of what Gashuk had become because I missed it, a hell of a lot.

I am sorry to hear that, at least. I can't rewrite the past, but in future if Zhakiri is ever a thing on AD, just poke us and we'll be able to make your life much easier on an OOC level -- calendar-invites to our events, etc. We've done this for other unaffiliated members including Moneyfix and Luciouz.

I like to think that we've never made it a policy that you have to be in OotRB to hang out with us or attend our events, so if there's anything in future that we can do to make that easier for others, just let us know.

Umaua

I am relatively new to this guild, I know next to nothing of it before when I met you lot in Gorgrond.

And this talk of elitism? Seclusion? Taking shit on other players?

I am either blind, or understand those terms very differently.

I came from another server, knew two people in the guild. Yet I was welcomed by people all around. And so far I have seen all newbloods welcomed into the guild, officers going their way to integrate them in. And I do have an examples! Latest being on the ritual hunt where Sadok told me to do his job while he chatted ICly a newblood up.

Secondly...only idiots don't get into this guild. We are open to people who don't know all about orcish lore, people who just mainly show interest, get in. And we accept them on more than just application level! We welcome them in! -Talk- to them, interact with them.

Some hordie walks into our party and we tell him not to bugger off, but to stop haunting there and join!

I have not seen any hints of elitism. Hell, I show tons more elitism when I comment on the applications considering the lore, than any officers have shown so far!

Seclusion comes naturally when you actually want to do something more than sitting in a tavern somewhere. Its periodical. And since especially DB random RP is what it is, it isn't that great a seclusion as people/guilds would be either looking for us or not know we exist.

We have been insular as that's whats guilds do when they don't have a choice. When they are not welcome/wanted/not able to be in one location or with certain guilds.

Thats my view on this.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Lars

Quote from: Sadok on June 09, 2015, 02:48:44 PM
Believe me, I'm looking forward to AD Horde being large and varied enough to where there's not this massive pressure on us to deliver things for 'the community', and we can kick back and play a hands-off role. As someone that's been in an officer role in OotRB for over three years on and off, I actually hate making events and organising these huge initiatives myself. I don't do it for an ego-boost, I do it because it generates RP for others and gives them enjoyment. So being able to make fewer events and letting others do more is gonna make my own life significantly easier.
This post is mostly off topic. But highlighted area is why you are ever so fucking unbelievably awesome.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Sadok

DB to AD themed migration song from the Little Mermaid!

"Look at this AD, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think their community's complete?
Wouldn't you think they're the realm
The realm that has everything?

Look at the hubs, adventures untold
How many wonders can the Argent Archives hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, they've got everything

They've got Frostpaws and Blackjaws aplenty
They've got Rotgardes and Irontusks galore
You want belf guilds? They've got twenty!
But who cares? No big deal,
I'm an oooooorc

I wanna be where the RPers are
I wanna see, wanna see them emote-dueling
Walking around on those
What do you call 'em? Oh, mounts.

Casual RP on DB don't get you too far
People are required for active roleplaying
Such as sitting down in a
What's that word again?
Tavern

Though there'll be drama, though some will whine
I'm sure if I stay away from Goldshire I'll be fine
Roleplaying free
Wish I could be, part of that realm

What would I give if I could move
From my home-server?
What would I pay to spend a day
As an observer?

(£17.00 for a realm transfer)

Betcha' on AD, they'd understand
Bet they don't reprimand those demonstrating initiative
Bright young RPers, sick of the toxic remnant of DB
Ready to migraaaate

And ready to laugh at some wacky forum threads.
Reading their questions
And also some answers
Why's AD Horde RP dead :( - what's the word?
Oh, lol.

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that realm up above?
Out of DB
Wish I could be
Part of your reeeeeeeeeeaaaalm~
"

(Oh wait, I moved here yesterday. Great!)

Therak

I can to a degree see how us not getting as involved with other guilds can be seen as elitist, though I'd use the term isolationist instead. We didn't avoid others because we were better then them, but because we wanted peace and quiet. A lot of times in the last years interacting with others have brought a whole lot of drama. Some IC and some OOC.
We've tried organising things for others, and been told we're taking too much control. We've joined others in their endeavors, only to have them not show up for the planned events. Or even asking us to do their planned week instead.
If we did not do anything for others in too long, that too was wrong. I think it's largely a case of our size, and how we were expected to do things, but also one key thing.
People love complaining.
I remember sitting down with a bunch of the Falling leaf, trying to interact with them only to have them all walk off. When I stealthed around beforehand (yes, I do that when I'm waiting for my food to finish, to see what's going on.) they were quite talkative about random things.
It might be hard as an outsider to come in and join a conversation in progress, everyone is guilty of that. And often, the focus will be on those you interact with a lot, rather then someone who does show up rarely. Probably because that someone does only show up rarely. It could be argued that it should be the other way, but in my experience it's not.

We have usually been very welcoming of newbies and new bloods. Those that doesn't feel as welcome are usually the ones who haven't put anything back in the RP, who you need to drag every word out of.

I've found the tribe to be generally welcoming, and quite willing to interact with others. Most of the time, but there's times when there's been too much of it. And we want to be among ourselves. Maybe the tribe in itself is more like an introvert? :D
Think, assess, act.