Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:20:38 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218
218 Guests, 0 Users

The Inanna Saga

Started by torkahn, February 21, 2009, 11:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torkahn

((As I told a few tales about the hero Inanna, and I wil tell more, I think it might be a good idea to start writing the told stories down somewhere...))

It was just after the First War that the Dragonmaw Clan was sent to Khaz Modan to try to take control over the dragons wich lived there. The Dragonmaw of Zuluhed, was called that way long before the capture of Alexstrasza... Maybe Ogrim chose this clan for the task just because of the name!
Not the whole clan went on the move at first: Zuluhed feard that Doomhammer might take to much power in his clan wile absent, so he ordered Nekros Skullcrusher to form a 'hunting party' fot the quest. Nekros was given the Demon Soul, an amulet with enourmous power that should be able to inprison the great dragons will. Allong warriors and hunters he also took a lot of blacksmiths with him: the chains that would have to bound Alexstrasza were much to heavy to carrie on the long journey, so they would have to be made on nearly on the spot. I was there too... as a cook! *laughs* I was sent as one of the many reinforcements from the Shadowmoon clan to Doomhammer, and he sent me as a little token of support to the Dragonmaw.
The journey to Grim Batol began. The way was quiet as Khaz Modan was Horde occupied territory. But a few dys of travel from Grim Batol, the first dragon attacks started: they knew very well what the Orcs plan was! Nekros ordered one of his officers, Inanna, to try to capture one of the attacking dragons to learn more about how to inprison them. Inanna was a joung, unknown female warrior at that time: it was this quest that made her legend...
Soon it became clear that the best chains the Orcs had, were not strong enough to withstand the strength of a grown dragon, so surely they would snap under the powers of a great matriarch as Alexstrasza! The search for the Dragon Queen became more a serch for a way to keep her under control, as the enterance of the den was in sight and the dragon attacks became more than just dayly. It was then that Dark Iron Ore was first discovered by the Horde, and it was with those chains that Inanna first captured a dragon.
Nekros was no fool: he wanted to capture this dragon to make sure he knew how to use the Demon Soul on one before risking his life with Alexstrasza. He tried the amulet several times and it became clear that the amulet had to be put around the dragons neck before it had any effect. Even for an Orcs heart courrage started to sink...
Then the day of the attack on Alexstraszas den came. As it is always dark in a cave, Nekros decided to attack at dusk, under the cover of darkness and after the last dragon attacks (dragons prefer daylight to fly in). We stormed the cave without much dragon resistance as no dragon was allowed to pass the night with the mighty queen.And there she was: The immense dragon was colored a deep, rich red that seemed to shimmer and dance before our eyes. The noble head, slender and graceful, seemed to regard us with a curious and inquisitive air... All that was interupted with a large explosion of fire: she was far more powerfull than we had expected! Our shields couldent protect us much as they melted uder the immense heat of the dragons breath! The den was filled with flames, screams and the smell of burned Orc flesh. Every futile atempt to attack Alexstasza was repelled as flies from someones meal!
As suddenly as it all started it all ended. We opened our eyes and it took some time before our eyes ajusted to the reborn darkness after the seas of flames. Between the rocks and burned corpses lied the great Dragon Queen, the Demon Soul arround her neck and Inanna on her back. Nobody ever saw how, and she took it as a secret to her later grave I think, but Inanna managed to capture Alexstrasza. That was the day she became legend!

torkahn

Between da capture of Alexstrasza and da second war, a small warparty had gathered around Inanna, atracted by her legend! Me had da honour to be one of dem: not as a warrior, but still... Allthough loyal to da Dragonmaw Clan, Inanna and her warriors were pretty indipendent and they often undertook individual actions 'For Da Horde'! One of dem was da exploration of Da Vale. Due to da jungle, da Vale was unknown territory inhabited only by hostile jungle Trolls: not much has changed *Torkahn laughs*...
Inanna was quick in finding ways to make friendship with some of da Trolls. Often this only meant that ya had to declear war to some othar Trolls. But there was one enemy all Trolls feard: Hakkar da Soulflayer! An ancient, evil god deep in da ruins of da old Gurubashi capital, Zul'Gurub. No Troll deard to venture even close to da ruins. Inanna realized that defeating Hakkar would mean eternal loyalty from da Jungle Trolls: a great boost for da Horde. But who was to be so foolish to fight a god in his own home? Nobody... exept Inanna, strengthned by her victory on Alexstrasza...
So, in a foolish act, she went alone! Me was orderd to go with het until da gates of da ruins: if she haddent returned after dusk, me should warn da clan of her missin.
She knew she had to spear her forces for her great battle against da Soulflayer so she decided not to fight da Gurubashi guards she encounterd on her way in. In stead she decided to bribe them: it ain't difficult to bribe a Troll ya know *smiles*. Every guard that wanted to stop her was bribed: one with a beautyfull dagger, an othar with an earring... Da deeper she ventured in Zul'Gurub, da more equipment she lost and da more she realized she would stand unarmed in front of Hakkar. There he was: Hakkar da Soulflayer! Completely naked she stould in front of him and she realized she stood no chance agains this evil. Hakkar laughed end took her prisoner.
Dusk had fallen and me realized somethin was wrong. As ordered me went back to camp and warned da clan. All da warriors seemed to accept 'her death': ''there be nothin we can do''...
Only one young warrior stood up: Ereshkigal! Certainly not known for his fightin skills but his tongue was sharper than his axe. Only he answered Inanna's call and went to Zul'Gurub with me. he ordered me to stay outside.
Grom knows what manipulative words were used, but after a wile Ereshkigal and da still naked Inanna merged out of da ruins! Hakkar had agreed to exchange Inanna for an othar Orc: they had until dawn to bring da new prisoner or da Soulflayer would take revenge in da Vale. Sounds like a hard decision but we Orcs were under da Blood spell back then and thus not so moral... and Ershkigal da Talker knew what he be doing.
Back at camp they saw da clan had already been taken over by Inanna's old rival, Caen. This token of total disrespect for her dissapearence became fatal. He was sent into Zul'Gurub and never seen again.

Norv

(( Ah, nice! I remember Torkahn telling this story to orcs, the saga continues ;) ))
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it!
... Oh wait."

torkahn

((Yeah... I don't question you remembering stories of naked women warriors :D))

torkahn

Who was Inanna? Where did the fearless warrior come from?
She was the only sister of seven brethern, but her six brothers and her father had all died in the wars on Draenor. To protect her from violence and her mother left the clans with her and went to live in some remote place. Thet is why nobody knows what clan Inanna originaly came from. It must be a clan that suffered much in the old days of war against the Draenei and eachother. Inanna grew up in the wild, but one day she saw the armies march to the Dark Portal. She was so impressed she decided she wanted to join them.
She went to the Dragonmaw Clan where she asked if she would be accepted as a warrior. One of the greater warriors, Caen, laught at her and said only Zuluhed himself could make a Dragonmaw of her, and he denied her request to meet him. She left but just before she did, she saw how Caen was beating up two Goblins, just for fun. Goblins were our sworn allies and Inanna decided that she would join the Dragonmaw and that this insult to our allies would be revenged.
Inanna realized she didn't have much skill in battle as she lived her short life as a forager and occasionaly as a hunter. She found an old orc who told her she could follow lessons in weaponskills at Cahrloy the warwitch but also that if she did she would never have to ask her questions about things she did not understand.
She thanked the old orc and went to see the witch. The witch seemed friendly and she was accepted as a student. In Cahrloys cave, Inanna saw an old, rotten chopped orc head on a plate. She asked herself what that meant but, as she was told, she did not ask about this thing she did not understand...
In just a year, Inanna became the best student the warwitch had ever had and she decided to leave to become a Dragonmaw. She knew a meeting with Zuluhed would again be denied so she decided to make sure it would be Zuluhed himself to summon her. She went through the Dark Portal to Azeroth, where the Dragonmaw Clan was in battle during the First War, and she started hunting for enemies of Zuluhed. This meant she hunted down local human autorities, but especialy other orcs as in those days the worst enemy of an orc chieftain was another orc wanting to take over power. Every time she defeared an enemy she did not kill him: instead she made them swear they would go and kneel in fromt of Zuluhed to ask for forgiveness.
Many enemies of Zuluhed kneeled in front of him begging for forgiveness and each time they mentioned being defeared by Inanna. The Dragonmaw Chieftain became curious, took Caen with him and they went looking for her. One day, at dawn they found her resting under a tree. She was supprised when she woke up and, in a reflex to defend herself, she beat up Caen and Zuluhed realy bad. That was why Zuluheds helmet had one broken horn!
The Chieftain was beaten up but impressed and asked her to join the Dragonmaw Clan. As she had already broken Caen's nose she decided the insult on the Goblins was revenged and she joined.
Later on she was asked where she had learned to fight so well and she told about Cahrloy. All the orcs were suprised.''Don't you know the chopped Orc head in her cave belonged to your father?'' they said. Inanna was furious, went to Cahrloy and killed her on sight. Nobodey was ever again trained in the arts of battle like Inanna and she became a Dragonmaw. And there her real adventures started...

Kozgugore

(( Starting to love these random stories. Keep up the awesome work, Tork! Nice to be greeted with a fresh story every now and then, especially at a campfire! ))
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

torkahn

((thanks, the storytelling has become a fix ritual when I am there :), I hope to stimulate or inspire someone else aswell to do the same... ))

Mazguul

(( Totally brilliant stories as per usual Torkhan  :) Hope to hear more of them soon :) ))
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

torkahn

((As you knew when you notived you missed the story, Koz, you will be able to read it now))

Alexstrasza was not the only creature beaten by Inanna and her warparty...
With the capture of Alexstrasza da Horde had assured itself with supremacy in the sky for the coming Second War. But Still they did not control the Great Sea: that was the realm of Kul Trias, the seafaring kingdom. Allthough the Horde had more vessels, Kul Trias sailors were experienced and knew the waters very well. Kul Trias Mariens were unmatched warriors in combat on ships. And another advantage Kul Trias had was a powerfull and dangerous creature of the deep: Azsarah, the Sea Serpent!
Azsarah was not friendly to Kul Trias or the Alliance in the whole; Kul Trias sailors simply knew where her hunting grounds were and how they could avoid the ship smashing monster... the Horde did not, and many ships never came back from the simpliest recces on sea. No one in the Horde actually bothered much anyway. The Orcs were all gathering and training for a great landwar because most clans did not live close to the sea and even Inanna's own clan, the Dragonmaw, was far more busy building up defences in Khaz Modan as they were the first defence line. Only the Stormreavers based in Stormwind Keep (Horde territory back then) had real harbours and their leader, Gul'Dan himself, had great interests in what could be done at sea. Nobody back then knew he was aiming at the Tomb of Sargeras...!
That is why he sent a message to Da Vale where Inanna and her 'gang' where exploring. Known as a great dragonhunter (allthough we only have proof of one dragon captured back then) and honored to be asked for the job, she packed her belongings and moved to Stormwind City with her men... and me offcourse. The plan was simpel: we had dark iron chains with us, of the same type used to chain Alexstrasza. We would just lure her to shallow water and battle Azsarah! Arrived at Stormwind, Inanna chopped off an ox's head and put it on a hook too use it as bate. On the beach we threw the batein the water and we waited...
We waited all day but finaly, at dusk, our patience was rewarded: or sort of as we found out.
When Azsarah's huge head came out of the water we realized that as long as the Sea Serpent was in the water, shallow or not, we where no match for her incredible power. And she knew it! Her grin was pure evil and she smelled and tasted the fear in our souls. And she liked it! She was held company by a dozen of big sharks: obvious her minions.
Inanna just wanted to give up when Ereshkigal, her dearest friend steped forward into the water. Ereshkigal was a warrior better known for the sharpness of his toungue than that of his axes. Azsarah's eyes followed him amused. He kneeled down and bowed his head in respect and said:''We were tasked by our Chieftain, Zuluhed, to come and capture you. But now we realize this task is impossible. Please let us tie you up with these chains. You will easely brake them and we will go back home and show the broken chains. Please, spare us''... Azsarah looked amused and conspicious. She smelled the chains and grined. ''Okay'' she said ''I will spare you. Tie me up and I shall brake those puny chains''. And so was done, Azsarah was tied up. Ereshkigal spoke:''Please mighty Serpent, free yourself''. Azsarah started to move and most of us started smiling, when suddenly... the chains broke as a spiderweb! We were all speakless and with the humiliating laugh of the dragon in our ears, we went back to the city. There Inanna spoke to Gul'Dan...
He said maybe something could be done and asked us to wait. He locked himself in Stormwind Keep and left us to live on the streets. Three weeks had passed before he summoned Inanna to the Keep. There he gave her a rope! "This in no rope" Gul'Dan said:" This is the unbreakable Greshym it contains demonic powers beyond your immagination and the most rare materials like the steps of a cat, the roots of a mountain and the breath of a fish..." Inanna took the rope and rolled her eyes: Gul'Dan was a serious fool she thought, but they would try anyway.
The following morning a new ox head was used as bate and again, at dusk, Azsarah appeard. Again Ereshkigal went in the water and spoke:''our Chieftain was still not convinced and ordered us to try it again, and he completely lost his mind as gave us a rope this time!'' and he laughed. The other Orcs laughed with him. Azsarah grined. ''Again I shall spare you because you are so funny, and I shall lower myself to break a puny rope, but I don't trust you... why try with a rope when chains of dark iron broke?" She summoned one of her sharks. Slowly it swam to Ereshkigal. Just a yard in front of him it halted and opened it's jaws. ''Put your hands in his mouth: if this is a trick and I can't free myself, he will snap his jaws and you will lose both your hands. As a token of trust!''
Ereshkigal looked at the other Orcs. They were doing there very best to keep the lie off their faces. Inanna looked worried at him, but it was clear she trusted his judgement. Ereshkigal stretched his arms into the sharks jaws. Azsarah was tied. ''Now I will free myself'' the monster said and she started to move. As soon as the shark saw the amused face of his master change to anger he snapped his jaws. Ereshkigal was very fast and saved one hand, but that became the day Ereshkigal lost his right hand and his allready poor fighting skills with it.
Azsarah was taken to Stormwind were it was kept prisoner. During the Second war it was released, nobody realy knows why and by whom. Rumor says sometines you can still catch a glimce of her when traveling through the tunnel between Stormwind City and Ironforge...