Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:46:50 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92
92 Guests, 0 Users

Bootcamp and/or Training.

Started by Gor, August 10, 2016, 12:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gor

So, I've been wondering about this idea for quite some time.

Let's say. Your character is this bom-bad hexweaver, Runemaster, Necromancer, far-seer.. whatnot. Whatever suits your imagination.
There's this amazing event, and the enemies' defence is an amazing 10!
Easy, right? Especially if it concerns some imp, boar.. or something else. It couldn't be possible that your character would gain a hit from said bo-
WRONG! You gain a minus 1 HP! How could that have happened? Surely, your character must have been distracted, or have some kind of personal issue.
But what if you were to change that..

Jokes aside.
I'd planned on hosting a bootcamp or training session with people within the guild. And I say guild on purpose because, let's face it. Should there be a cross-guild event, we don't want to appear all Sargeras on their asses. We want to be concidered experienced people, who know that our characters can be hurt. We know they can die, but that's the thrill of the RP.
So, taking that into account. If events are hosted, but people can actually influence it by IC-actions, that would be great.

My initial idea is; do a boot camp/training session.
For example; Rhonya, Kogra, Makaroth, Mozrogg and Rashka would attend this training session. It would look like the following (no bias)

Mozrogg                          Makaroth
                 Rhonya
Kogra                             Rashka.
An "X' formation, in this case. We'd train IC-ly with it.
Succesful attendance (means being there with the event) would mean a MAXIMUM of +10 to roll(s) for the next event, be it offensive or defensive.

The major problem is, most likely, people not sticking with their formations.
Example;

Mozrogg           Makaroth         Rashka
           Rhonya             Kogra
                         Koz

The formation has changed, therefore the training would be nullified. It would lead to problems, -especially- in cropped places!
So, we'd train with various fomations, which would be best suited for -your- character.
To put it in terms; Ranged DPS, to the back. Melee DPS / tanks, to the front. Supporting/healers, to the mid
Your character's role would be the dominant factor for your position within the formation.
We could practice with 3-man teams, 4 man.. 5man, etc.

AND THE MOST ESSENTIAL PART!
If the training/bootcamp is hosted and completed, one of the attendees must notify the DM before the DM's event starts.
Example; Drakada hosts an event. 10+ people attend. We could divide it into two separate groups, or we could notify Drak of our training so he would take it into account before the event starts.
Admittedly, this may put a lot of strain on the DM. But that's why the ones leading/following the event have to inform the DM, so that the DM can take note of the bonus to rolls before the event starts.
Let's say... we host the training on thursday, but the 'major' event is on following tuesday. The ones who attend have the responsibility of informing the DM before tuesday, which gives attendees a whopping 4 full days to inform said DM.

TL;DR.
Formation training to improve your rolls. Formation within events is essential to be succesful.
Would improve your rolls on your char by a simple event, but not drastically as to not make -your- team too OP.
Various formations can be used. Inform the DM beforehand or NO BONUS.

I'd like to know what you lot think about this! So. Shoot! :)

Edit: Right. So it may be a bit confusing after having read it for a third time.
The basic idea is to use formations to our advantage in major events.
Cross formation / Triangle formation / Phalanx formation / Diamond formation.
These could be used to protect an IC-ly weaker character, or a more important character.

So let's say we use the triangle formation. It would put a character like Drakada up front, but Sadok and Siyah would remain on the hind two points.
                    Drak
                   /      \
                  /        \
                 /          \
            Sadok-----Siyah
The point of this formation would be to put someone in the triangle who would be most beneficial or less strong. For instance, Rhonya as mender, Gor as brain-damaged zombie, etc.

How would this work in an event?
One of us yells out 'Triangle formation!'
Those that attended will immediately know what is meant, and it is up the players to form one, two or perhaps three different groups.
Drak would receive a blow from an incoming felguard. Rhonya as the mender is able to immediately respond to this and mend the meatshield, whilst Siyah and Sadok fling an amazing spell or spells at the felguard.

That's the emote part, now for the rolls.
So, we'll take the same team again; Rhon, sad, siy, drak
They've chosen to team up for that certain fight. You could give the group a +5 roll for everyone within said group. They are being given a minor boost to their combat power.
An example would be;
Felguard (50-65, 3 hp) and an imp (20-30, 1hp)
Drak has 9/10 hp, Rhon 5/6, Sad+siy 7/7
Drak rolls 38
Rhon rolls 86
Sad rolls 61
Siyah rolls 87
When in a formation, you would count +5 to all rolls, leading to
Drak's roll modifier does not have an effect, so it basically stays the same. He chooses to throw his axe at the imp (-1 hp, killing it)
Rhon is able to save Drak / mend him and herself for +1 hp
With Sad's roll modifier, he would be able to hit the Felguard. dealing -1hp
With Siyah's roll modifier, he would gain a critical hit as the felguard would be focused upon Drak who stands in front as line of defense. (-2 hp to felguard)

With this, it may be useful for people as they would get a wee improvement for their rolls.

I hope this clears it up a little bit, and if you understood the thing the very first time, goodie!

Rhonya

Eeh. The idea sounds like fun but.. I doubt it'll work in events. You never have the same people there, that came to your training. Or you'll have new people joining that have no idea what is going on and won't understand, resulting in that you'll have to explain it again and again, even if someone accidentally joins 10 min too late and needs to know too what is going on.
Formations, we've trained with them ,but they never stick really. Trainings with them is fun, but doing it in events, I don't think it'll work.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Bamm

Hmm nice idea but the red blade have never been soldiers or a warband. We wing it and hope. Plus explaining all that to new bloods, new members, occasional attendees etc should get tiresome. Nice idea though