Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:25:51 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197
197 Guests, 0 Users

Possiable Transfer Application

Started by sebastian, July 10, 2008, 02:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebastian

Heya, some of you may have noticed I posted on the realm forums asking of a possiable transfer with my Orc warrior (whos name shall remain disclosed for now).

So i read a bit about your guild and it seems from a glance to be something along the lines I am looking for, however i got several questions in relation to the guild.

1) I'm a bit spectical about the /g chat IC rules, how is it justified, does it work? Wheres the OOC channel, if i press space will it allow me to auto type or do i have to type /5 first ext. (This is my first time using /g for IC but normally i enjoy using it for OCC fun)

2) Hows the guild active-wise? Has alot been going on, or are things on the dry side, if they are will this be improved? (from the pictures though activeness looks awesome)(however like alot of Rpers, many fled to AoC which doesn't appeal to me, so a bit worried if this guild got heavily effect by it as well)

3) Are there any solid-raiding alliances? Prefeably within ZA/TL/SCC/maybe MH standards. If not if i were to work to sort one out do you think it would be realisticly possiable to pull off?

4) Ranking, what would be the fastest way to rank up within the guild? (if any). The orc i had in mind of creating in terms of character wouldn't like to be at the buttom for too long and enjoys boasting of wild adventures and getting praise and glory from lower ranks.

5) Has anyone else here transfered to thie guild from a normal 'hardcore' server? Have the regreteded it, did they miss anything, or is this guild soooo awesome it makes up for anything missed? (reason for this is that although i'm free now due to holidays, i'll eventually have to hit the books when i return to college if i want a good shot at getting into med school - therefore anything over casual raiding won't be possiable)

6) Whats are relations like with other Rp guilds, i'd would deeply enjoy being able to Rp with the other races (Taurens and undead in paticular).

Cheeky question: Although i doubt i would do this - simply because after two months i won't be able to raid as much anymore, say for example i join a raiding guild, but wish to be apart of this guild in terms of all its Rp events and encounters. Would it be possiable to do both? Or do i need to be a solid memeber of this guild?

Thanks for the questions guys and hopefully depending on the responses i hope to see you here soon!

Ps: I have a human on the alliance side on this server atm although things are getting a bit dry and doesn't seem to be as active from what the server apparently used to be. (i.e. councils ext)

Kozgugore

Although I can't speak for all the points you noted in your post, I'll try to answer them as thoroughly as possible. Though you might want to take some of it with a dose of salt considering the time. ;)

1) The IC guild chat is simply a way to enhance our RP. Since random RP is rarer on Horde side than on Alliance (we have no Stormwinds), I sometimes like to think of an IC guild chat as an alternative RP hub for random RP.

How people want to explain it is usually up to them, as we don't really tend to philosophise about *how* it works IC. It simply works, just like that. Though the usual explanation is talking through the Hearthstone or a spiritual campfire which every orc can join at any time through the oath he has taken.

If you don't find IC guild chats all too appealing, that's all acceptable for us too, however. Using the guild chat is totally optional and we have an OOC channel for random talk as well, which is optional too (so yes, you'll have to type /5 for example first, though you could try downloading an addon like Confab for that as well, which stickies the last used channel, if you're an OOC spammer ;)). So it's eventually up to you whether you want to use it or not.

2) As I said on the realm forums, most people are having a Summer break right now or are trying out different games (like AoC), so things have slowed down a bit compared to the normal days. Though that's the case in pretty much every guild right now I reckon. Despite that, we're still well active and got at least about two to three events a week. I myself came back from AoC about a week ago. So despite any hypes, we're definitely still up and running.

3) We're part of an IC raiding alliance called the Covenant (a link to their forums can be found elsewhere on the forums, though I think it's in the membership section). They used to regularly hold Kara, Gruul and even (rarely) some SSC runs. Though right now, I think it's pretty much the same case as point two right now. A lot of people aren't around, among which some of the people who used to organise the runs. Last I heard, the raid planner is still up and running though. So it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to try and get a raid up and running, given there's a proper amount of interest.

Though even despite that, I noticed there're some random LFG calls on the Covenant channel every now and then, and I know some of our members raid individually with other PvE guilds. I'm not all that into PvE myself though, so you'll have to ask them instead.

4) Our first rank (New Blood) is pretty much a trial rank that most orcs keep only for a week or two at most, until he's taken the oath. After that, it will be up to the orc himself to decide whether he'll try to gain in rank or not. Ranks such as Nag'Ogar (there were descriptions of them on the wiki but it appears to be down atm) are gained by participating in certain events and being active and friendly enough.

However, as for storyboasting, there should be enough oppertunity for that. Mhokdor tends to organise some random campfires every now and then which are open for anyone to join and share stories at.

5) Can't say anything about that. I know I'm having fun anyway. ;3

6) As I said before, we're involved in an IC alliance called the Covenant. Although this alliance was mostly about organising PvE raids for the RP guilds, it is regularly used for WPvP events or random RP as well. The alliance consists of several RP guilds both big and small, and they all have a certain connection to each other. So it usually ain't too hard to get an event or whatnot running inbetween them.

As for you cheeky question: We had some orcs in the past who left us because of PvE. This is totally acceptable and up to them to decide, though you'll have to realise that you of course won't be able to follow every single business going on in the guild, like awareness on certain events or random RP. Although you will be tolerated to attend open events if you've proven to be a proper friend of the guild, you might still miss out on a lot of stuff.

Though it did indeed happen before, the guild is no toy you can just pick up, play with for a bit and throw away, only to pick it up again later because you're bored of some other toy - if you get my meaning. This did happen in rare cases before with orcs constantly leaving and rejoining to feed their PvE lust, but it's generally not encouraged.

Anyway, hope I answered most of your curiosity like this. If you've any more questions, feel free to ask either here or ingame.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade