Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:30:15 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187
187 Guests, 0 Users

Wind and Water

Started by Rhonya, January 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

Seagull sounds filled the air, the sloshing of the waves against the ship, the salty wind blowing and carrying the scents even below deck where one female looked even greener than normal as she twisted and turned in her bunk.  Her form was sweaty, black long hair sticking to the sides of her face as she gasped and suddenly opened her eyes. At once her form sat straight up, eyes still unfocused, lost in a dream that was quickly fading again in her mind. Rhonya blinked a few moments to focus and remember where she was, though that did not help her situation much. Her stomach churned and she lurched herself off the bunk very ungracefully to reach the bucket that she had put there, emptying her already empty stomach some more. She disliked ships so much…

A soft sound from behind her told her Grek’thar was still sleeping,  which was not a surprise in the middle of the night. As soft as she could she picked up the bucket and made her way barefoot towards the deck, perhaps some fresh air would do her good. She wore a simple outfit in bed, just a simple top and long linen pants. Though, most of the tribe only saw her in kilts, so the very few that were still awake at this hour send her some strange looks when she passed them by.  Her growing stomach was already very visible under the thin shirt, even though she still had a good amount of months to go. She felt some envy for the two small pups in her womb, floating around peacefully, not bothered yet by the outside world that they would have to get to know soon enough. For now, Rhonya rather kept them safe inside her.

Slowly her bare feet made their way over the outside deck and she emptied her bucket over the railing, sitting down against it shortly after, just looking up at the stars, the movements of the rocking ship not making her feel any better. She closed her eyes with a deep sigh and placed the bucket on the ground next to her, before wrapping both her arms around her stomach.

‘Your big brother will be so curious to meet you two…’

The thought filled her mind with a stab of pain in her heart. She had not seen her other son for several months now, he was safe playing in the snowy fields of Winterspring. He would by now already have learned to walk, even talk maybe a few words… would he still recognize her when she came back, having missed so many important moments in his life already? She knew it was best for now, especially with this exile the tribe brought upon themselves, but it hurt her deeply inside. She worried for their position now, wondering when she would get the chance to see her son again… in more saver times, she promised herself.

Rhonya just sat there for a while, thinking about the things that had happened, her training to Gosh’kar, she and Murrah barely saving the life of Sharptongue, her talks with Therak and what that had led to, Marshfang giving birth to a perfect little pup… But something nagged at her still. After a few moments of wondering she remembered. That orb… The orb they had found under Ogrimmar, that had so clearly send out a feeling of Fel magic. Doomhowl had not been able to pick it up, he acted as if it literally burned him when he placed his hand upon it, quickly having pulled it back again. She had picked it up instead.

The feeling she had felt send a shiver through her spine again, even now, thinking back on it. It had felt odd… but ever so familiar. Memories of the Demonfall Canyon had filled her mind again at that moment, memories of her time with the Blightskull orcs, her master, Morkosh… Holding the orb had felt familiar, somehow even good, as if it had promised her power, as if it had whispered sweet things to her of a great future if she should try to tap from its eerie glow. She had shaken the feeling off, but somehow that pull was still there.  She thought she was over it completely, having been accepted by the elements again even after all that time, learning her ways with them once more, having stepped from that doomed path she used to be following.

Opening her eyes again she looked down at her stomach now, rubbing over the bulge affectionately, a frown of worry on her face. Holding that orb, she had not even thought of what perhaps it could do to the cubs, the pull had been too strong… Grek’thar had taken the thing from her, but she had had trouble with handing it over, even though she did so after him mentioning the safety of the cubs. She knew now Sharptongue had the orb… Perhaps she would ask him later about it, what exactly it was. She needed to know. Almost at that moment she wanted to just stand up and go in search for the thing.

A soft wind caressed her cheeks then, accompanied by some salt water splashing over the edge of the ship, the droplets falling on her hair, her cheeks. A whisper filled her ears, words of comfort , calming hush, even though she couldn’t exactly make out what was being said. She relaxed again, leaning back against the railing, leaving herself to the whispers of the two elements most presented here, water who had always had the strongest bond with her, and wind, who she was still a little a stranger to. For a long while, she just sat there, not thinking of anything, arms wrapped around her stomach, enjoying the company of the two greater powers around her, making her feel  she’d be alright, things would work out…
For now, she believed them, but the future was never sure.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Grekthar

*snuggles Rhonya* Love it :)

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Azolg

Very good read rhon rhon :) always good to get an insight to our orcs minds :)