Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:30:08 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 53
Total: 53
53 Guests, 0 Users

Hello from afk-land

Started by Akesha, March 12, 2008, 12:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akesha

Well, I've given it a couple of days to let the dust settle. No doubt most of you know by now that I've left the tribe and left WoW for good.

There is no single reason why I decided to leave. Running a guild takes a huge amount of time and brings with it a lot of stress and pressure. As long as you are still having fun, then the stress and pressure adds to the game. One person can only really do a good job of this for so long, however. Personally I think I stopped doing a really good job some time ago. It's time for somebody else to take up the role and I know that Kozgugore will do a fantastic job.

It is also high time for me to get my real life back in order. Back when I was creating OotRB I was going through a difficult time. Throwing myself whole heartedly into the game was a real escape and helped to keep me sane. Now, I'm glad to say, my rl is fine and I'm now leaving my pc behind to go and explore afk-land again, meet new people and experience new things. I don't think I'll ever play another game as much as I played WoW, but I don't regret the last few years. I'll probably end up playing Age of Conan, but I intend to be one of those casual types, who plays like, once per week.

I couldn't possibly thank everyone who helped make OotRB such a success. The edited list would include people like Taktar, Madwulf, Kad, Rehbande, Vargukha, Oznack, Dogar, Azuril, Claws, Vlog and Kozgugore, but everyone who has ever attended an event or posted on the forum has played their part.

I'll take with me a lot of good memories. I'm optomistic that the next chapter of my life will bring new challenges and new rewards. I also leave knowing that you are all in good hands ... and when the day finally comes that each of you still there decides to leave, you'll leave with just as many happy memories as I do now.

Take care all of you. I'll keep popping by the forum to annoy you with my taste in music or to write another story.

Now, stop wasting your time reading this, and go kill some dorfs!

Akesha  ;)

Moggrash

Take Care in real life Akesha, you've earned it ;) :-*
The Hat-Lord

Talchar Bloodcry

there goes our great leader
*salutes*

Claws

I wish you all the best in all your endeavour's.
We have all had some great times and some not so great.
But it is the great ones that are remembered.

Oh by the way we have a new tribe rule.
NO SUGAR BABES ALLOWED IN THE FORUMS. :o

Claws.
AKA Carol (the thorn). ::)  :-*
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Rehbande

Akesha, thanks for all the good times in the tribe. Hope that you will enjoy RL now, and that you do visit the gardens of Chatsworth soon.

Stay strong!

Griesh

Take care!

Enjoy the life outside.  :)

Kozgugore

Quote from: Rehbande on March 12, 2008, 01:35:22 AM
Akesha, thanks for all the good times in the tribe. Hope that you will enjoy RL now, and that you do visit the gardens of Chatsworth soon.

Stay strong!
My undead was called Chatsworth by last name. You decide whether that's a good or bad sign. ;)

Anyway, thanks again for all the fun, Akesha. Don't grow bored of RL and good luck out there!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Dogar

I have said in on the realmforums and I will say it here.

You have truly been an inspiration with your views, visions and idea's on how RP should and could be in a game like World of Warcraft. Sadly game mechanics and peoples mentality didn't always facilitate those idea's, but you have truly done awesome things for the guild and I dare say for the entire server also!

Never will I  forget how you and Kad where fighting with each other in Feralas many, many months ago. Don't think there has ever been an RP moment in the game that made a bigger impression on me, then the two of you that day.

Thanks for everything, and goodluck with all that you may do!

Xaryah Stormward.

Formerly known as Dogar Stormward, Chieftain.

Nahe ~ Coach of Team Tof ~ Blood Bowl (online) <DoW> season 1 ~ Pink yet deadly!

Vlog Ironblood

Thank you for the guild and everything you`ve done for us.

May your life be easy and many good things will follow your leave.

I`ve got lots of good things to remember from OotRB and you in general.
High Blade

Greggar

Now I don't know as much of what you did as the others do but I do have the respect that you were able to create such an amazing history and story of the Red Blade clan and even made it real on the servers.

That truly is something amazing :)

Now goodluck out there and thank you for making this wonderfull tribe! which also has amazing people ;)

Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Kagmosh

Akesha! It's horribly sad to see you go given how much of a massive, massive influence you've been on the server for so long now. I can't throw enough thanks your way for how you've managed the Blades for the last couple of years, and for all the events, the recent experiments with the tribe that must have taken endless work, and all the amazing laid-back RP you've ensured we had going.

Good luck with everything else you've got going in life, and I hope I'll catch you about, somewhere.

Later!

Murdalak

Sad to see ya go. Haven't really been the most active orc since I got 2nd account + random announcement to me that I hafta start working early for couple of months.

Little did I see you in the WoW when I hanged around, but those few times I will remember well (Ride to Darkshire and Unveiling of the great wolf mask for instance). Hope you will enjoy the Real life and not miss us too much.

So, Cheerios, Laters, and thanks for the orcs.

Ugluhk

Even though you haven't been online at the same times as I have, I have really enjoyed the events that you did. Good luck in RL! May the almighty loot-Gods give you epic friends!

Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Gharkfang

Hmm.. all seems to be in order.. And Koz will do an awsome job. And btw, Akesha.. it WAR is comming and it will be gloriouse! ::) and, have a great time out there. I really enjoy my time out of wow. Life is working fine again =)
Quote from: Moggrash on December 25, 2007, 06:35:52 PM
Talk to the Hat! The face ain't listening.

Hakon

I remember that day when you took me in as a New Blood of the tribe. I was a pretty horrible roleplayer back then, and to this day I'm surprised I even ended up being accepted.

But I'm really glad I was. I've had a good time in the tribe, and I can thank you for player a major role in its creation. Like Greggar, I'm impressed by the stories of the Red Blade Clan that in the end shaped a tribe that feels very real - like a real part of Azeroth.

Be well in the real world, Akesha. You'll be missed! :)