Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:21:05 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219
219 Guests, 0 Users

Warlords of Draenor!

Started by Grekthar, November 09, 2013, 12:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grekthar

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Regorn

So...
Tanaan Jungle -> Hellfire peninsula
Nagrand -> Nagrand
Shadowmoon vally -> Shadowmoon vally
Taldor -> Terrokar Forest
Frostfire Ridge + Gorgrond -> Blade Edge mountain
That nameless island -> Netherstorm
Spires of Arak -> Blown up (some made to Terrokar)
The Half-sea -> Zangramarsh

The only thing I was disappointed of was it's small size, All the orcs are from this tiny place? But you do can see more land south east of the map
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Kozgugore

That geography is one big lorelol compared to how previous sources including official canon described Draenor all around. And then I haven't even started whining about the plot. As much as I like orcs, I can't say I'm a fan of this doo-doo. :-\
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Grekthar

Could just be one continent of Draenor? *shrugs*

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Grekthar

Thoughts on the Garrison? Personally, I'm really hoping thats a feature that makes it through to Live. Closest thing to player housing I think WoW's gonna be getting :P

And the fact that we can have same-faction players showing up in it as well... Oh god, WE have to have at least one Garrison in each of the Draenor zones :D

RED BLADE BASES :D

Regorn

So, the Player Character have destroyed hundreds of Alliance/Horde Soldier, Tracked down beast five times our size, Faced Elemental Lords, Great Horrors of the depth, watched in to the eyes of the Old Gods and lived with their sanity, Killed thousands of demons, stooped Kil'jaeden, halted The Titans envoy and guardians, went to war against entire kingdoms, slaughtered Dragons by the dozen, Took down the Betrayer and made the Traitor Prince pay for his sins

...finally our faction leader relies we are quite good at doing stuff and send us to put up a fortress
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Lars

Quote from: Regorn on November 09, 2013, 12:59:24 PM
So...
Tanaan Jungle -> Hellfire peninsula
Nagrand -> Nagrand
Shadowmoon vally -> Shadowmoon vally
Taldor -> Terrokar Forest
Frostfire Ridge + Gorgrond -> Blade Edge mountain
That nameless island -> Netherstorm
Spires of Arak -> Blown up (some made to Terrokar)
The Half-sea -> Zangramarsh

The only thing I was disappointed of was it's small size, All the orcs are from this tiny place? But you do can see more land south east of the map

Well, considering that you can WALK over the Eastern kingdoms in 2 hours.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Regorn

Quote from: Marogg on November 09, 2013, 05:04:36 PM
Well, considering that you can WALK over the Eastern kingdoms in 2 hours.
Azeroth is 4 continents
apparently, everything we know about Draenor happening on an island-continent about the size of Nothrend/Pandaria

meanwhile, the Third War on Azeroth affected 3 continents

Kozgugore

Official map from Beyond the Dark Portal, not to mention the many other references made of a vastly bigger continent in official lore prior to this garbage juice. And then I haven't even mentioned the lack of Farahlon, Hellfire Peninsula not being a Peninsula but a freaking jungle (it was previously described as being grasslands), and Frostwolves having their own area instead of being in Nagrand because... well, just because according to Blizzard, I guess.

And all of that is just from the top of my head, without even bothering to delve much deeper into any of it than first sight. Instead of leaving Draenor a mystery as it should have been, they just took TBC's world and slapped a new coat of paint on it. Jolly fine work indeed.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Regorn

QuoteHellfire Peninsula not being a Peninsula but a freaking jungle (it was previously described as being grasslands)
to be honest, it's still a peninsula, a piece of land with water on 3 sides and connection to the mainland, but let's hope the jungle is not that big?

QuoteFrostwolves having their own area instead of being in Nagrand because... well, just because according to Blizzard, I guess.
I think it makes sense to move Frostwolf clan out of Nagrand
"Frostwolfs? You live in a cold place with frostwolf then?"
"No, we have never seen one in our life, we live in this nice warm location with some canyons here and there"

and wonder were they are putting the Thunderlord clan? in Lore, were they destroyed by Ner'zhul after the second war, and WoD takes place before the first war

Grekthar

The Thunderlords are gonna be following OUR Horde to the Frostwolves place and being all Iron Horde against us I think.

Farahlon's probably gonna be that unnamed island off the coast. The large one, not the small one.

Besides the inconsistencies with Warcraft 2, I'd have to say I am still looking forward to this expansion, ESPECIALLY from an RP point of view.

This is an alternate version of Draenor. A version where the demon blood was never drunk. And if Grommash Hellscream is alive in this version, along with Durotan and the other orc leaders... consider this. What about OUR orcs? It's entirely plausible that alternate versions of our own orcs could possibly exist in that world. For those of us with murdered families as a result of the war with the humans, they could very well be alive in this Draenor ICly.

Although that raises an interesting point. Will there be two Thralls, two Garrosh's?