Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 05:24:34 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 245
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122
122 Guests, 0 Users

Everything Will Be All Right

Started by Nakobu, July 11, 2019, 06:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakobu

The waters of the cool Zangar Sea laps against the small boat as it gently moves through the dark of night, its lilac sails fluttering slightly in the wind. In the distance lies Shattrath City, the jewel of civilisation on Draenor, shining like a beacon for the vessel, guiding it homeward.

“Our path is one of compassion. We do not take up arms in anger or fear, but in the defence of others. We do not ignore a plea for help, we do not ignore a call for mercy. Always do we extend our hand to those in need. And if one is willing to change from their path of darkness, never do we shun. … Are you listening, Nakobu?”

A young mag'har sits near the prow of the ship, his hands aglow as he levitates a small wooden crate in front of him, the sides marked with the crest of the Frostwolf clan. His eyes are fixed upon the crate, carefully maintaining the spell.

“Of course, grandfather. When do I not listen to what you say?”

The aged draenei smirks at the boy's words, shaking his head. Even by draenei standards Vedaan looked old, grey hair having taken much of his natural brown away from him. His skin was wrinkled and worn, his eyes belonging to one whom had seen much in his time.

“How about fifteen minutes ago when I told you to give your practising a rest for the night, hm? Come, sit with me.”

Nakobu releases his spell, the crate falling and landing with a loud thud upon the wooden deck. The young mag'har winces at the sound, slowly turning to sheepishly peer at his grandfather. “...Sorry.” Nakobu glances back down at the luckily undamaged crate, before running to the back of the ship. He takes a seat next to his grandfather, looking up at him.

“Now then. As I was saying my dear boy, you will come across those that need aid. They may ask for your help, they may not. If they do, then you must never turn your back upon them. The path to righteousness is never an easy road travelled, Nakobu. However, that does not mean we can shy away from the task, hm?”

Nakobu keeps staring upwards at his grandfather's face as he speaks, the mag'har clearly in thought. After a few moments, he responds.

“But... what if they do not want my help? What if they need help... but they turn me away? What do I do then?”

Vedaan smiles in response to the boy's questions, the draenei reaching back to adjust the ship's course with the rudder as he speaks.

“Sometimes you will have it all in hand. A plan to solve whatever problem plagues a person. If they take your hand, then that is that. You can solve the problem together. But sometimes you will offer that hand and they will pull away from you. They will refuse to take it, even if the need is dire. If it comes to such... then you need to make a choice. Do you stay there with your hand held out, waiting for them? Or do you reach out with that hand to take a hold of them yourself? The world is not black and white, Nakobu. There will be consequences for either action. And it will be up to you to decide which of those consequences you face.”

Nakobu nods slowly, looking down at his lap deep in thought. After a minute, his face suddenly flashes with fear, the young mag'har quickly looking back up to the draenei.

“Y-You keep saying that I will have to choose what to do but... I won't be alone in choosing, yes? You'll be there to help me, won't you? Y-You aren't going anywhere, are you grandfather?”

Vedaan laughs softly, putting his arm around Nakobu in reassurance. Taking his hand off the rudder, he ruffles the boy's hair.

“Of course I will be here, Nakobu! It is just that when you get older, you will have to make choices for yourself. Know that I will not be going anywhere though, my dear boy. Why would I? You can always come to me for help with anything, even when you start looking as old as I do. So don't be so worried, yes? Everything will be all right.”

-     -     -     -     -     -

Nakobu opens his eyes as he feels Skint toss and turn in the bed, her movement having once again woken him from his slumber. He turns his head to look at her as she lays next to him, smiling slightly at her still holding onto his arm. The morning's light shines through the doorway next to them both, lighting up the inn's interior. A new day is here. Hopefully a better day than the last. Time to get up.

Okiba

A very insightful and intriguing read! Hopefully you write more about him!

Looking forward to meeting our Draenei lover on my return    ;)   :o
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Nakobu

Thank you Okiba! <3

Really looking forward to you coming back!